Root Addon Packages for Lineage OS

Search This thread

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
What's the diference between suaddon from lineage and supersu? do I need to flash both? or do I need to pick one?
SuperSU is a closed-source, proprietary superuser solution, and the other is LineageOS provided solution. There are other options as well, such as PHH Superuser. Choose one, they all essentially do the same thing.

saggydey

Jun 5, 2016
Kolkata
Thanks a lot.. Then i won't flash supersu i just have to install magisk and phh's superuser from play store and install it from there? Currently i'm using Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 running lineage os 13.1

MiroBiala

Feb 3, 2009
Sofia
HTC Leo
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery

addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery. Gives an error : Updater process ended with signal: 4
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S3 Int (i9300)
Recovery : TWRP 3.0.2-2

PS : When I got update-binary (META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary) from addonsu-arm64-signed.zip and replaced in addonsu-arm-signed.zip, I was able to flash it!

Last edited:

toll_virus

Jan 4, 2016
addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery. Gives an error : Updater process ended with signal: 4

PS : When I got update-binary (META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary) from addonsu-arm64-signed.zip and replaced in addonsu-arm-signed.zip, I was able to flash it!

I'm a i9300 owner with the same problem. Could you please supply me with the working su-addon-arm. I couldn't manage to exchange the file in the zip-archive.
I appreciate your help!!!
Franz

beatmastr

Mar 16, 2009

Same Phone, same OS, Recovery TWRP 6.0.4.7 Non Touch GT-I9300

But no chance to root lineage! Plz help

Shark5060

Jun 26, 2014
Hamburg
shark5060.net
is this something different than the "root" option in the developer settings? Since all apps that require root seem to work with just that setting.

EDIT: Okay, I've just read the reason: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/154019

Disable SU by default

- We plan on distributing an addon for our SU
- Developers that want SU by default can export
WITH_SU=true to their env
- This helps with application compatibility for
various services, while maintaining user flexibility

since my device isn't officially supported yet the developer who uploaded the nightlies may have just enabled that by default.

Last edited:

MiroBiala

Feb 3, 2009
Sofia
HTC Leo
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Attachments

• addonsu-arm-signed.zip
    557.9 KB · Views: 7,211
Last edited:

Xilyc

Jan 8, 2014
I'm also not able to root. Seems to be a problem with the S3

Recovery : cwm.6.0.4.6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Root addon packages are available now :D
    I'm a i9300 owner with the same problem. Could you please supply me with the working su-addon-arm. I couldn't manage to exchange the file in the zip-archive.
    I appreciate your help!!!
    Franz

Here is my modified package, which I succeeded to flash : addonsu-arm-signed.zip.

UPDATE :

Sorry, but my virus scanner doesn't like that link....
    I also uploaded it here.
    @farside268 Dude! Hi! I'm also have z00a and have the same problem, could you please upload your older version of this addon? Really, really thank you in advance!
    If anyone is in search of the first/original releases, of the LineageOS Addon-SU files, I still have them all archived on my File Host Account here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=193272

Since the time that CyanogenMod had disbanded and, LineageOS was established, i decided to archive certain items from LineageOS.

PLEASE NOTE: I found out that when LineageOS released the updated Addon-SU files, it was not intended as an update for the first releases that worked for individuals but, for those who had experienced issues with the first release.

As, purely, a Personal opinion... I think that individuals who wanted to flash the new Addon-SU, should have flashed the Addon-SU Uninstaller first, then reboot and flash the updated one.

In addition, always keep the copy of BOTH the Addon-SU Installer AND uninstaller. This should actually go for any file that you use in order to prevent having to find them again.

Like the saying goes (in a way)... If the first release worked, then why try to fix it with the second release.

Just a friendly FYI for those who may not be aware of this... :)

***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

Sent via Communicator [d2vzw] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
    addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery

What's the diference between suaddon from lineage and supersu? do I need to flash both? or do I need to pick one?
    SuperSU is a closed-source, proprietary superuser solution, and the other is LineageOS provided solution. There are other options as well, such as PHH Superuser. Choose one, they all essentially do the same thing.