Root Addon Packages for Lineage OS

Search This thread

kurtn

I had never used the method offered by Lineage to be root, I decided to root with the addon but I did not see the floating request vanetana, someone else happened? I tried RR and Lineage itself and nothing, it does not appear and therefore I can not be root in my OnePlus 5.
You have to activate it in settings developer options.

Iamtheboss426

Jul 6, 2018
Does this work with rr rom

I am using rr remix running Oreo 8.1 0 and as rr is based on lineage os, this solution should work
But in my case ,it shows no popup for root permission and root checker says that you are not rooted.
Pls help

kurtn

I am using rr remix running Oreo 8.1 0 and as rr is based on lineage os, this solution should work
But in my case ,it shows no popup for root permission and root checker says that you are not rooted.
Pls help
Not all "based on" ROMs are compatible with LOS addonSU. Do you see root access in developer options? That is a hint for compatibility.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180727-071639.png
    Screenshot_20180727-071639.png
    56 KB · Views: 106

Iamtheboss426

Jul 6, 2018
Well I have got this

Attachments

• Screenshot_Root_Checker_Basic_20180727-105102.jpg
    Screenshot_Root_Checker_Basic_20180727-105102.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180727-105041.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180727-105041.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 120

Iamtheboss426

Jul 6, 2018
I could do that but my internal has also been encrypted after installing this ROM
I know the password but that's a really long process
I need to wipe the whole of my data and then I will be able to install any new ROM

is there any beta for Android9 available or will Oreo version work?
I haven't tested it yet but, the following link has an Unofficial Beta version of the AddonSU for LineageOS 16.0.

I was only able to do one for the ARM device with the time I had to put this one together.

~DELETED~

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLowe and kurtn

kurtn

I haven't tested it yet but, the following link has an Unofficial Beta version of the AddonSU for LineageOS 16.0.

I was only able to do one for the ARM device with the time I had to put this one together.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283982

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.
Have you done a positive test yet? On surnia I see su geting installed, but I don't get a popup when requesting root.

Have you done a positive test yet? On surnia I see su geting installed, but I don't get a popup when requesting root.
The SU addons are typically managed via the Root Access within the Developer Options.

I believe you need to set it first before the Root Prompt.

I had created that for when I get my other Galaxy S5 fixed and redo the device with the Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 by Haggertk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kurtn

The SU addons are typically managed via the Root Access within the Developer Options.

I believe you need to set it first before the Root Prompt.

I had created that for when I get my other Galaxy S5 fixed and redo the device with the Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 by Haggertk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK I'll try getting a S5.

OK I'll try getting a S5.
The AddonSU isn't specific to the Galaxy S5... LMAO! :)

I just stated that device because I had created it to test out on my other S5 and was just sharing it for others to test out with their device.

I had grabbed the files for the AddonSU from the LineageOS 16.0 channel and compiled them as a Beta Test Version (as well as the uninstaller too) and I haven't tested it yet.

It should work for any ARM device on LineageOS 16.0 (untested of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

kurtn

The AddonSU isn't specific to the Galaxy S5... LMAO! :)

I just stated that device because I had created it to test out on my other S5 and was just sharing it for others to test out with their device.

I had grabbed the files for the AddonSU from the LineageOS 16.0 channel and compiled them as a Beta Test Version (as well as the uninstaller too) and I haven't tested it yet.

It should work for any ARM device on LineageOS 16.0 (untested of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*should* my surnia doesn't even have a menu item in developer options to manage root apps.

*should* my surnia doesn't even have a menu item in developer options to manage root apps.
I don't know why it doesn't...

It may not be usable yet and I don't want to guess at anything till I can test it myself.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I'm just going to lock up that file host directory for now till I can begin testing it myself.

I'm close to being done with my other S5. I just received the USB Daughterboard for it and it's a painful process to replace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: kurtn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Root addon packages are available now :D
    I'm a i9300 owner with the same problem. Could you please supply me with the working su-addon-arm. I couldn't manage to exchange the file in the zip-archive.
    I appreciate your help!!!
    Franz

Here is my modified package, which I succeeded to flash : addonsu-arm-signed.zip.

UPDATE :

Sorry, but my virus scanner doesn't like that link....
    I also uploaded it here.
    @farside268 Dude! Hi! I'm also have z00a and have the same problem, could you please upload your older version of this addon? Really, really thank you in advance!
    If anyone is in search of the first/original releases, of the LineageOS Addon-SU files, I still have them all archived on my File Host Account here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=193272

Since the time that CyanogenMod had disbanded and, LineageOS was established, i decided to archive certain items from LineageOS.

PLEASE NOTE: I found out that when LineageOS released the updated Addon-SU files, it was not intended as an update for the first releases that worked for individuals but, for those who had experienced issues with the first release.

As, purely, a Personal opinion... I think that individuals who wanted to flash the new Addon-SU, should have flashed the Addon-SU Uninstaller first, then reboot and flash the updated one.

In addition, always keep the copy of BOTH the Addon-SU Installer AND uninstaller. This should actually go for any file that you use in order to prevent having to find them again.

Like the saying goes (in a way)... If the first release worked, then why try to fix it with the second release.

Just a friendly FYI for those who may not be aware of this... :)

***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

Sent via Communicator [d2vzw] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
    addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery

addonsu-arm-signed.zip can't flash via recovery. Gives an error : Updater process ended with signal: 4
    Phone : Samsung Galaxy S3 Int (i9300)
    Recovery : TWRP 3.0.2-2

PS : When I got update-binary (META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary) from addonsu-arm64-signed.zip and replaced in addonsu-arm-signed.zip, I was able to flash it!
    What's the diference between suaddon from lineage and supersu? do I need to flash both? or do I need to pick one?
    SuperSU is a closed-source, proprietary superuser solution, and the other is LineageOS provided solution. There are other options as well, such as PHH Superuser. Choose one, they all essentially do the same thing.