• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Root] Alcatel One Touch Fierce

Search This thread

brandnew2009

Dec 28, 2009
tried all root methods and keep

I have tried all root methods. Framaroot worked at first. After I installed the supersu apk as a system app I lost root. Now I can not gain su priveleges, even in adb shell. Tried re-installing, re-rooting, restoring to factory also. Did make a nandroid backup with nano.apk of device rom right after root.

Tmobile/family mobile 4.2.2

Im not sure but I think I may still have the root.. yellow indicator w/ mtk d tools "error: su inaccessable" comes up.

Using motochopper I recieved on the text screen "permission denied" and "/system/bin/sh: rm: not found" and "/system/bin/sh: /data/local/tmp/pwn: cant execute: permission denied"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

sgtchili

May 13, 2008
Alhambra
Rooted my fierce using framaroot. Proceeded to install Superuser by ChainsDD and ROM Toolbox lite rebooted a couple of times and removed all bloatware and installed AdFree by bigtincan. Next up is getting a 32 gig microsd and move apps from phone to SD. This is actually a good bargain of a phone

Jan 11, 2012
Lima
Wifi tether not working

Trevemod wifi tether app is not working. I used motochopper to root the device and I cant get the hotspot to workk. Enable mss clamping fails and its not broadcasting the SSID. I have family mobile. Does anyone know how to get wifi tether working?

gooogler602

Jan 31, 2014
This may not be the right place to ask this, but I'm thinking about getting this phone for my parents. We have regular t-mobile service but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my plans so I was thinking about picking it up as a pre-pay phone. If I get that, will I be able to insert a normal t-mobile sim into it or will I have to root/unlock the phone? Thanks!

Yes, you will be able to use a regular T-mobile SIM card, or a Wal-Mart Family Mobile SIM card without having to root or unlock the phone. Also, I believe Brightspot Mobile SIM cards available thru Target will also work.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This may not be the right place to ask this, but I'm thinking about getting this phone for my parents. We have regular t-mobile service but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my plans so I was thinking about picking it up as a pre-pay phone. If I get that, will I be able to insert a normal t-mobile sim into it or will I have to root/unlock the phone? Thanks!

A better option, IMO, is to get them a Moto E. Much higher quality, unlocked for any SIM, less frustration. The Fierce will always hold a near-and-dear spot in my heart for its quad-core value, but the phone is a PITA in several ways, especially for the uninitiated.

McMick

Mar 26, 2012
I'm on a replacement Fierce right now. I'd like to share my story and get opinions on what happened:

I bought it from MetroPCS back in March. I immediately rooted it using Framaroot with the Boromir option. It worked great until the middle of June, then it started to act up. At first, the camera wouldn't work (I'd either get a green screen when running the camera app, or a message that said "Couldn't connect to camera"). Later it started to freeze, not boot, boot loop, etc. quite randomly. I found out I was able to stick it in the fridge for awhile and it would behave normally for a short time (when it wouldn't boot, this seemed the only way to get it to do so). Inevitably, though, I had to order a replacement.

As soon as I got the replacement, I went through all the steps again and everything seemed fine. I was able to install all my apps, restart the phone several times, connect to PC, all with no problems. However, later that night, the battery was down to 25 percent, so I stuck it on the AC charger. A few minutes later, it decides to crash and reboot. At first, it showed the battery charging animation, but then the screen went black and the Fierce logo showed up, then it got stuck in a boot loop -- fierce logo, black, fierce logo, black, ad infinitum. At this point I was worried that somehow Framaroot was messing with the thermal management of the phone. I was unable to boot into recovery as well, but it would stay on the boot menu without shutting off, which I found encouraging, at least.

I did the old stick it in the fridge trick, which got me back into the OS. I uninstalled all my apps, and unrooted and removed SuperSU. I rebooted into recovery, did a factory reset, and after that the phone booted once, froze on the Alcatel animation, then shut off. I stuck it on the charger and went to bed.

The next morning it booted normally, but hadn't charged. Everything was working, though. I put it back on the charger and it charged just fine. I decided to call MetroPCS about it but they insisted that it would be another $15 charge to get another warranty replacement (even though I had just picked it up the day before). I asked for another AC charger, figuring it might have something to do with it, and was informed that they don't warranty the charger at all (even though it came in the box with the phone).

Yesterday, I decided to go ahead and retry rooting since no matter what, whether it was a software or hardware issue, it would cost me $15 for another replacement. This time I did the root somewhat differently. I turned on developer mode and USB debugging (though I actually installed the Framaroot apk over wifi through ES File Explorer). When I ran Framaroot, I picked "Boromir" again and the app crashed to homescreen with no error message. Undeterred, I ran it again, and accidentally hit Faramir. It said it rooted successfully, but I didn't want to take chances, so I used the unroot with Faramir option, and ran root with Boromir. But then I figured, eh, why not run both, so I rooted using Boromir first, then Faramir. Maybe that was a dumb idea, but the long and short is, the phone is rooted, I have all my apps installed, and everything appears OK. It charges normally whether on or off now, nothing has frozen yet, and the camera works great. The only problem I've had was that it froze once when I tried to add firewall rules in AFWall+ for Titanium Backup (I hadn't run TB yet). A reboot fixed that and it's been fine since.

I should also note that I've never allowed OTA updates. I checked for one but I appear to already have the final update, M2BUPB0, from December 2013.

If anyone who had the patience to read this whole thing could tell me what the heck is/was going on with this phone, I'd really appreciate some guidance. Do the symptoms I described suggest anything preventable (aside from not rooting at all, obviously)? Did I make a huge mistake somewhere? Does Developer Mode and USB debugging make any difference when using Framaroot? Will using more than one exploit in Framaroot make a difference? Why did the first phone run fine for three months then mess up? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
good luck. I just returned my wifes and traded it for an lg optimus l70.

even tho its only a dual core... much better than this garbage...

first thing to go for her was the touch responsivness... then camera then stuck at the mtropcs screen on boot...

i took it to my local corporate store...4 seperate employees told me exactly what it was doing without me having to tell them... and they all stated that I was lucky i got the 5 months out of it that we got. LOL

Rockin' it from my Smartly Teaked GoldenEye 35 NF1 Galaxy S4 I337

~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vitraF

Check me out online @ http://kevin.pirnie.us

Moderus Prime

Jul 10, 2014
When I turn this phone on, it stays on the Onetouch Fierce logo and does nothing else. It doesn't go into a boot loop, it just stays there until I reboot it or the battery dies. I've factory reset it and cleared the cache and that had no effect. Is there something I can flash or some way to get it boot correctly?

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
When I turn this phone on, it stays on the Onetouch Fierce logo and does nothing else. It doesn't go into a boot loop, it just stays there until I reboot it or the battery dies. I've factory reset it and cleared the cache and that had no effect. Is there something I can flash or some way to get it boot correctly?
that is the bootloop

sure... if its under warranty... return it

Rockin' it from my Smartly GoldenEye 35 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

kevp75

Recognized Contributor
So what you're more or less sort of telling me is that there is nothing that can be done besides returning it if it's under warranty?

That's a given. What I was asking is if there are other means besides that.
aye.
I searched for 3 days before i gave up and brought my wifes to metropcs... who then told me i wad lucky to get the 5 months out of it that we got...

Rockin' it from my Smartly GoldenEye 35 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

metropcs... who then told me i wad lucky to get the 5 months out of it that we got...[/url]

Indeed. I feel fortunate to have been able to dump mine on ebay while they were still working. Great idea - quad-core for USD99 - but there's no such thing as a free lunch. They're shoddily built, crap components, fragile and suspect software.

vvvvkennyvvvv

Jul 15, 2014
i deleted the contact app and now cant open nmy phone one

i deleted the contact app and need the link to istall it again so i can use my phone !!!! can some one please help ,me?
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

McMick

Mar 26, 2012
To anyone with an unrecoverable boot loop:

Try sticking the phone (in an OFF state) in front of a running AC unit or in a refrigerator or freezer for a bit. Don't keep it in too long, though, as moisture will condense on it and possibly fry the electronics. However, when I was having problems with mine, cooling it seemed to make it boot and function normally for a time. The quickest way for me seemed to be taking the back cover off and then holding it in front of air conditioning.

It may not fix your phone, but it might allow you to retrieve contacts or other data from it. Also, if you still have Framaroot installed, it may be worth trying to re-root using *both* Boromir & Faramir. My current replacement is running fine right now, even though it was messing up badly on the first night. I'm beginning to suspect that the Boromir root option might somehow break unexpectedly later on. You can read the details in my previous reply.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I've mentioned here might just be pure superstition. But when nothing else works, what have you got to lose?

Last edited:

shivwest

Jan 19, 2014
To anyone with an unrecoverable boot loop:

Try sticking the phone (in an OFF state) in front of a running AC unit or in a refrigerator or freezer for a bit. Don't keep it in too long, though, as moisture will condense on it and possibly fry the electronics. However, when I was having problems with mine, cooling it seemed to make it boot and function normally for a time. The quickest way for me seemed to be taking the back cover off and then holding it in front of air conditioning.

It may not fix your phone, but it might allow you to retrieve contacts or other data from it. Also, if you still have Framaroot installed, it may be worth trying to re-root using *both* Boromir & Faramir. My current replacement is running fine right now, even though it was messing up badly on the first night. I'm beginning to suspect that the Boromir root option might somehow break unexpectedly later on. You can read the details in my previous reply.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I've mentioned here might just be pure superstition. But when nothing else works, what have you got to lose?

Yeah honestly none of this is likely to work unless you are bootlooping due to overheating which I have never experienced with this phone. It you bootloop due to something like modifying the build.prop there is nothing that can be done but get a replacement. But I suppose when there are no other options there is no harm trying this approach:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alcatel Fierce is a low budget decent phone for $150 from Tmobile. Checkout gsmarena or phonearena for specs. I just got one rooted using Motochopper.

Phone : Alcatel Fierce
    Driver: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/faq/usbdriver.html
    Root tool: motochopper - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2252248

requirement; must have drivers and adb working. also enable developer mode by going into settings >about phone and click 7 times on build number. then when developer mode is enabled, select usb debugging. you can verify by connecting phone and run "adb devices" command.

once u have all the tools, unzip motochopper file and use run.bat file. you will get an install prompt on the phone. make sure to proceed with that otherwise run.bat file will stay still in the middle of the process.

hope it helps. motochopper confirmed working on this phone.
    rooting the fierce

I rooted mine with( framaroot) ...oneclick root for the fierce...download to phone and click on it..simple;)...make sure to use the "borimir" exploit for the fierce..you can download straight to phone, no need of a pc...do a google search on framaroot for download links.
    Alcatel Fierce is a low budget decent phone for $150 from Tmobile. Checkout gsmarena or phonearena for specs. I just got one rooted using Motochopper.

Phone : Alcatel Fierce
    Driver: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/faq/usbdriver.html
    Root tool: motochopper - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2252248

requirement; must have drivers and adb working. also enable developer mode by going into settings >about phone and click 7 times on build number. then when developer mode is enabled, select usb debugging. you can verify by connecting phone and run "adb devices" command.

once u have all the tools, unzip motochopper file and use run.bat file. you will get an install prompt on the phone. make sure to proceed with that otherwise run.bat file will stay still in the middle of the process.

hope it helps. motochopper confirmed working on this phone.

FYI:

You can use Kingo ROOT to root this phone. Easiest one click root.
    FRAMAROOT with Boromir option roots this phone with one click. Then you can get something like rom toolbox pro to change settings, erase stock apps and all that stuff. Use rootchecker and you will see it is rooted just with one click after you use framaroot.
    hi ppl,

this site provide unlock codes for Alcatel... go to >> unlockineed.org and search for >> Alcatel OT-7024W T-Mobile USA Unlock Code It's world's first site for unlock for alcatel 7024w..

fast unlocking and 100% works and tested...

br