Root and Bootmenu with one click (new method)

Search This thread

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
The CM10 ext4 issue is when you flash a CM10 custom kernel rom and select format /data & /cache to ext4 in the bootmenu. Only custom kernels can use the ext4 file system, so what happens is you format them as ext4, install CM9, and it doesn't load because it can't mount /data and /cache to write them because they're on an unsupported file system. The only things you can do are reinstalling CM10 and formatting back to ext4 of flash the sbf in extreme cases. Its not dangerous at all, just very annoying if you forget to format back to ext3 :p.

Excellent! Thanks!

Im using cm10.1 just to try, its been a long time since the last I did it.

I hope I dont get any problem going back to my nandroid MIUI, but after 2 weeks of using MIUI, im going back to cm7 because that MIUI rom Im using drains battery very fast.

A question: Can I copy that little tuto you posted on how to port a rom from defy to bravo?
You'll have all the credits of course, its just to guide for new users, so they find that tuto and they can do the port for their own! ;)

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Excellent! Thanks!

Im using cm10.1 just to try, its been a long time since the last I did it.

I hope I dont get any problem going back to my nandroid MIUI, but after 2 weeks of using MIUI, im going back to cm7 because that MIUI rom Im using drains battery very fast.

A question: Can I copy that little tuto you posted on how to port a rom from defy to bravo?
You'll have all the credits of course, its just to guide for new users, so they find that tuto and they can do the port for their own! ;)

Sure, but I made a new thread under Bravo General just for porting using that guide :p. I haven't included any advice on porting custom kernel roms (hint: kernel files are located at /system/bootmenu/2nd-boot), but the 3.0.8 doesn't have a "Bravo" kernel yet and our 2.6 kernel needs to be compiled with the latest updates. Hopefully the port thread will take off and we'll get some good use out of it -- we really need it to.

Reactions: josuearisty

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Sure, but I made a new thread under Bravo General just for porting using that guide :p. I haven't included any advice on porting custom kernel roms (hint: kernel files are located at /system/bootmenu/2nd-boot), but the 3.0.8 doesn't have a "Bravo" kernel yet and our 2.6 kernel needs to be compiled with the latest updates. Hopefully the port thread will take off and we'll get some good use out of it -- we really need it to.

Excellent, thanks for that!

In other words I had the same problem going back to my nandroid backup from cm10.1, I had to SBF again.

Its a big problem for me not having my pc working, I need to wait for my brother for leting me use his laptop.

Is it there something to do? Its really anoying flashing SBF and start from 0!

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Excellent, thanks for that!

In other words I had the same problem going back to my nandroid backup from cm10.1, I had to SBF again.

Its a big problem for me not having my pc working, I need to wait for my brother for leting me use his laptop.

Is it there something to do? Its really anoying flashing SBF and start from 0!

To keep from having to SBF, befory you flash a new rom go to File System Tools in the bootmenu and select format as ext3, do a factory reset from the STOCK bootmenu, factory reset from CWM, install the new rom. That should work. You have to install CM10\10.1 again to get the File System Tools menu back, but if you never used those options you might not need to.

I've seen posts where users were having downgrade issues even if they never formatted as ext4 and the fix is Stock factory reset (or SBF if your unlucky :p).

Reactions: josuearisty

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
To keep from having to SBF, befory you flash a new rom go to File System Tools in the bootmenu and select format as ext3, do a factory reset from the STOCK bootmenu, factory reset from CWM, install the new rom. That should work. You have to install CM10\10.1 again to get the File System Tools menu back, but if you never used those options you might not need to.

I've seen posts where users were having downgrade issues even if they never formatted as ext4 and the fix is Stock factory reset (or SBF if your unlucky :p).

Thanks for this info! will try it and let you know!

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!

I have just tried this right now but it didnt work, I installed cm10 (4.1).

I followed steps by steps everything you wrote.

Now Im using cm10 until I can flash once again. ;)

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I have just tried this right now but it didnt work, I installed cm10 (4.1).

I followed steps by steps everything you wrote.

Now Im using cm10 until I can flash once again. ;)

Sorry, that sucks :(. It worked for me once. CM10's ringtone bug screwed me out of some work so I've been on 9 for the past month. Just needed something stable. I really feel your pain -- I'd hate being stuck on CM10\custom kernels, especially with the limited rom selection....

How about a bit of good news? -- I've started testing PA 2.5.3. Last build sucked but I didn't realize I was using the wrong branch of vendor_pa -- accidentally used the jellybean branch which is for 10.1 -- & system/core had some issues. Fixed vendor_pa and redid system/core, finished compiling 10 mins ago so I'm about to test it. Since all that compiled error free I decided to retry an FM patch that's was giving me errors earlier -- I'm thinking the errors I was getting were from using PA's system core as a base and picking in Quarx's fixes -- tried it the other was around and it all picked in nice and easy.

I'll start on an actual Bravo build once the Defy version works decently. If the one I just did or the one with the FM patch compiling works ok it will be tomorrow :D. My definition of works decently is doesn't randomly reboot or crash a lot :p

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
Doesn't works for me.

Connection type: Phone portal; None (both doesn't work)
Ran the script with Administrator rights.

All the time I get error message: ADB is not a .. internal or external command..

So, for me this script does nothing.

Gonna use SuperOneClick again. The best tested way

josuearisty

Dec 4, 2010
Somewhere!
Sorry, that sucks :(. It worked for me once. CM10's ringtone bug screwed me out of some work so I've been on 9 for the past month. Just needed something stable. I really feel your pain -- I'd hate being stuck on CM10\custom kernels, especially with the limited rom selection....

How about a bit of good news? -- I've started testing PA 2.5.3. Last build sucked but I didn't realize I was using the wrong branch of vendor_pa -- accidentally used the jellybean branch which is for 10.1 -- & system/core had some issues. Fixed vendor_pa and redid system/core, finished compiling 10 mins ago so I'm about to test it. Since all that compiled error free I decided to retry an FM patch that's was giving me errors earlier -- I'm thinking the errors I was getting were from using PA's system core as a base and picking in Quarx's fixes -- tried it the other was around and it all picked in nice and easy.

I'll start on an actual Bravo build once the Defy version works decently. If the one I just did or the one with the FM patch compiling works ok it will be tomorrow :D. My definition of works decently is doesn't randomly reboot or crash a lot :p

Couldnt edit my post earlier, after testing cm10 a little bit to see whats new with it, to go back to cm7 without flashing sbf, I just format data in system tool as EXT3 in bootmenu (as you told me) but no wipe in stock recovery.

Then I just wipe data/cache and dalvik cache and install cm7 rom as always, then restore my backup.

When you release the new build for PA, I will try it, its been a long time since the last time I try these roms.

Thanks for all.

Doesn't works for me.

Connection type: Phone portal; None (both doesn't work)
Ran the script with Administrator rights.

All the time I get error message: ADB is not a .. internal or external command..

So, for me this script does nothing.

Gonna use SuperOneClick again. The best tested way

Maybe you need to disable your antivirus, it will detect exploit as a virus. This is the way to do it all with just hitting enter 3 times.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
I don't exactly have any.
Maybe there's a problem running the script under Windows 8 environment ?(upgraded to it several days ago)

marcelarr

Mar 12, 2012
Quetzaltenango
Worked thanks

I don't exactly have any.
Maybe there's a problem running the script under Windows 8 environment ?(upgraded to it several days ago)

I ran it as admin on windows 7, didnt work the first time when I ran it with Motorola Phone Portal, only when I switched to none... worked great, thought I was stuck at some deamon text but waited it out and it worked.

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
I ran it as admin on windows 7, didnt work the first time when I ran it with Motorola Phone Portal, only when I switched to none... worked great, thought I was stuck at some deamon text but waited it out and it worked.

guys does anyone have any idea how can i get a recovery on the bravo without google play in the way? i've tried buying the recovery but it just won't accept my details, any other way i can get a recovery on the bravo and flash a rom? :(

yetimandaddy

Nov 24, 2018
Do you still have this file? Mediafire seem to have lost any files you uploaded.
Please and thank you, I still own a MB520 so I need to root and install custom roms on it. It still has stock, which I can't update now since Motorola doesn't support anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an all new way to root and install bootmenu (2nd init) with only one click!

Just running runme.bat you will have a Bravo ready to use new roms in less than a minute.

Instructions:

1. Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yfgvds9a1w8sbds

2. Extract files whenever you want.

3. Enable USB debugging (menu > Settings > Applications > Development) and connect your phone to the PC.

4. Run runme.bat, in folder Root+Boot-AIO.

5. Press Enter when script ask you to do it and READY!

Note: remenber to install motorola drivers first.
    Reserved for instructions in spanish and other language!
    I'm sure its possible somehow, I've just never looked too deep into doing it. What ways I have found either used commands that would hang and require you to quit after 2 mins of activity and start the 2nd command which hangs the same thing -- not safe enough to script. The other ways were for broke\no sdcard and involved copying the rom to /data and then installing as normal.

What I think needs to be done is set up a script that copies the rom & gapps to the sdcard and executes their edify scripts. We need to figure out what command recovery uses to execute the script\install roms then incorporate it into an install script. You'd still have to reboot to bootmenu and enable adb, but that's all (unless we find a way to reboot and have adb already enabled (not good for all the time use, security concerns - it'd be possible to get around the bootmenu pin if adb was enabled on power up).

Well, look at the rom manager, watch how it does it. I think that looking into adb commands we can make a script works like rom manager.

When you select the rom, rom manager lets you wipe data & cache and also install gapps. The rom manager goes to recovery and inmediatly do all steps it self, you can also backup your actual rom.

Try it, download it from market and try it, I see your roms there too.

Some windows commands are:
    Adb reboot recovery = reboot into recovery mode
    Adb push FILE = copy files to whatever place into out phones. Example to copy a rom.zip to sdcard
    Adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip

Those are windows commands, dont know if they could work on linux. If my pc wasnt broke I would be making some tests!
    Does this install a custom recovery? And if not how do I install one? Will a goo manager from the play store install one?

Sent from my Nexus 4

This will root and install a custom recovery.

Excellent tool, recommended! :good:
    Ruined my device,now it won't even boot.
    How do I fix it? factory reset doesn't help

Post a little more info.
    What did you do?
    Can you access custom, stock, or bootloader recovery?
    Does it still charge?

And did you factory reset from Custom recovery or Stock recovery? Custom only wipes all data where Stock actually formats the partitions.

The easy way and a common issue we're having now.

Unless this is one of those CM10 ext4 issues, just flash the sbf and you should be good to go.

If you downgraded from CM10 and you were using ext4 /data and /cache, reinstall CM10, format back to ext3, then flash whatever you want.