• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ROOT AND TWRP GALAXY TAB A 10.1 [SM-T515] ON ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

Search This thread

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
OnePlus 6
Its not my work all credits goes to @Magendanz.
So i followed each and every guide and step available at xda for installing twrp and rooting my galaxy tab A 10.1 SMT-515 on latest android 10 firmware but every time i failed but finally i was able to root my device after extensive trial and check, i was able to root this device. I have given links for download below download only use that files because only that files can root your latest android 10 firmware.

Declaimer: i am not responsible for any thing happens to your device. Method my work or bot for you but download only given download files and properly follow above video guidelines to avoid any issues.

Download :
1)TWRP FOR GALAXY TAB 10.1(SM-T515/SMT510):

2)Multidisabler zip:

3)Download odin 3.13.1 :

4)Magisk 21.4:

5)Samsung drivers:

6)15 sec android ADB drivers :

Except this all knows how to install all these files but i have created short video you have to follow it accurately

Last edited:

Okiera29

Apr 18, 2014
Oklahoma City
Anyone install custom Roms on t515? Mind sharing?
If you have TWRP installed you can flash any number of GSIs I flashed CAOS V308. While I have a T510, the process would be much the same for you. Download the GSI of your choice, making sure that it has the right structure(Arm64, Arm, Arm32 etc) you will also need to know if your device is A only or A/B. Quickest way to do all that is just download 'Treble Check' from the play store and run it. It will tell you how your device supports treble. Then once you have your GSI downloaded, boot into TWRP. Wipe the system and with out rebooting, install your GSI img onto the System partition. Reboot and you should be running a custom ROM. It might have some issues as it is not specifically built for your device, but until there is development for the T500, GSIs are the only game in town.

Pinage

If you have TWRP installed you can flash any number of GSIs I flashed CAOS V308. While I have a T510, the process would be much the same for you. Download the GSI of your choice, making sure that it has the right structure(Arm64, Arm, Arm32 etc) you will also need to know if your device is A only or A/B. Quickest way to do all that is just download 'Treble Check' from the play store and run it. It will tell you how your device supports treble. Then once you have your GSI downloaded, boot into TWRP. Wipe the system and with out rebooting, install your GSI img onto the System partition. Reboot and you should be running a custom ROM. It might have some issues as it is not specifically built for your device, but until there is development for the T500, GSIs are the only game in town.

Alright sure. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Reactions: Okiera29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works ! Thanks ! Root in SM-T515, Root Checker OK !
    Thanks I will give it a try
    Thanks, its booting and works LTE works too.

Problem - not charginng, any fix?
    Found solution - install SmartPack-Kernel Manager, then in section Battery - enable Advanced Charge Control Interface

Alright sure. Will give it a try. Thanks!