(ROOT) Android 11 / Latest stock and patched img's / payload dumper / magisk_patched guides

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi to everyone, I need your help: I am on oos 10 rooted 10.5.14IN11BA and I want to upgrade to oos11. Under settings-> update I find that the update for my phone is 11.0.8.8 IN11BA. If I want upgrade in this situation I have to follow the 2nd step of tutorial but I have a doubt: after update and no reboot I have to install Magisk in inactive slot(ota update) and reboot, right? There anything else that I have to do? Please answer me, I don't want brick my phone🙏
Morning.

Just follow the guide dude, just make sure you're on the latest stable Magisk.

In short.

1. Use oxygen updater to obtain a FULL update.

2. Install the update but DO NOT REBOOT

3. Open Magisk and click install (top button)

4. Click install to inactive slot after OTA

5. Take the reboot

Done.

Basically what's happening is you're priming your device with an update, but the slot switch does not really take place until you reboot, due to the fact that you're already rooted you have the ability to pre-load a prepared and patched boot image which is taken when you reboot and stop using the current boot slot.

Alternatively just take a full update, reboot, then extract the boot image from payload bin and patch it, then open fasboot and boot it and Install directly.

The first option I've listed is the easiest method, but just be safe in the knowledge that you aren't going to brick your device, that's almost impossible in all honesty..

Obviously make a back up anyway, but that much should go without saying

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-065936_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210918-065936_Magisk.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210918-070004_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210918-070004_Magisk.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 22

franco985

Feb 9, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Morning.

In short.

5. Take the reboot

Done.

Basically what's happening is you're priming your device with an update, but the slot switch does not really take place until you reboot, due to the fact that you're already rooted you have the ability to pre-load a prepared and patched boot image which is taken when you reboot and stop using the current boot slot.

Alternatively just take a full update, reboot, then extract the boot image from payload bin and patch it, then open fasboot and boot it and Install directly.

The first option I've listed is the easiest method, but just be safe in the knowledge that you aren't going to brick your device, that's almost impossible in all honesty..

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation

Reactions: BeachNYC and dlads

BeachNYC

Sep 1, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm beginning to feel like a total noob, because I have read post after post and cannot figure out what to do in my situation. It's not unique, but the answers are rarely consistent.

OnePlus 8 Pro, running OS 11.0.2.2IN11AA. Model is IN2025. Looking to update to 11.0.8.8.IN11AA. Rooted, running Magisk 23.0.

A while ago I tried to install 11.0.7.7, the way I have always done, uninstalling Magisk, running the update, reinstalling Magisk etc., but was prevented from doing so. When I clicked "restore images", i received the message "Stock backup does not exist". Since I didn't particularly care about 11.0.7.7 I just didn't proceed. Now, however, it's clear that until I fix this, I am unable to update at all.

Could some patient person explain to me exactly what I need to do? Perhaps there is nothing I can do until the full OTA for 11.0.8.8 is made available, but even if someone can explain how I can get past this issue and upgrade to 11.0.7.7, I would really appreciate it.

I know there are people with much more important issues, but thank anyone who can help me past this problem.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I'm beginning to feel like a total noob, because I have read post after post and cannot figure out what to do in my situation. It's not unique, but the answers are rarely consistent.

OnePlus 8 Pro, running OS 11.0.2.2IN11AA. Model is IN2025. Looking to update to 11.0.8.8.IN11AA. Rooted, running Magisk 23.0.

A while ago I tried to install 11.0.7.7, the way I have always done, uninstalling Magisk, running the update, reinstalling Magisk etc., but was prevented from doing so. When I clicked "restore images", i received the message "Stock backup does not exist". Since I didn't particularly care about 11.0.7.7 I just didn't proceed. Now, however, it's clear that until I fix this, I am unable to update at all.

Could some patient person explain to me exactly what I need to do? Perhaps there is nothing I can do until the full OTA for 11.0.8.8 is made available, but even if someone can explain how I can get past this issue and upgrade to 11.0.7.7, I would really appreciate it.

I know there are people with much more important issues, but thank anyone who can help me past this problem.
Go back to post #881 mate ;) like 4 before yours.

No need to uninstall anything.

This is an extract from it.

"1. Use oxygen updater to obtain a FULL update.

5. Take the reboot

Done."

All of the answers are indeed on these pages

Mainly in the OP

Reactions: BeachNYC

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
If you're on 2.2 and looking for 8.8 I'm sorry I don't have it..

Surely somebody has on XDA. This thread is primarily for BA / UK phones so I have no idea if you cannot obtain a full update..

I've read that there's a way around it, but because I can't replicate it then I cannot support it.

In a nutshell the normal run of the mill is the above.

You shouldn't be uninstalling Magisk at all in any instance.

7.7 is available on oxygen updater (the full update) so yes you can follow the instructions in the OP or above to obtain it and retain root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-010859_Oxygen_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20210921-010859_Oxygen_Updater.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 13

BeachNYC

Sep 1, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If you're on 2.2 and looking for 8.8 I'm sorry I don't have it..

Surely somebody has on XDA. This thread is primarily for BA / UK phones so I have no idea if you cannot obtain a full update..

I've read that there's a way around it, but because I can't replicate it then I cannot support it.

In a nutshell the normal run of the mill is the above.

You shouldn't be uninstalling Magisk at all in any instance.

7.7 is available on oxygen updater (the full update) so yes you can follow the instructions in the OP or above to obtain it and retain root.
Thank you for your response. I understand that this is primarily not for Global, but could not find a comparable thread that was for Global.

The reason I had asked was because initially I wanted to update to 8.8. And there is no full OTA for 8.8 yet released. And I could not figure out how to do this. Updating to 7.7 does make it easier, but I'm confused on just one point. The standard advice on how to update with Magisk is to 1) click uninstall in Magisk and then "restore images," thus restoring the stock image.. This is where I got the error message that no stock image was available. But had there been one, the next step 2) would be to update to 7.7, using the system update. Don't reboot, but 3) go back and install Magisk to the inactive slot, choosing the "Install to inactive slot (after OTA)", the 4)) reboot.

Your method never goes through the uninstalling of Magisk, and that's what confused me. Is this because you are using Oxygen Update app to do the installation?

Sorry for being so dense, but thank you so much for the help you provided. I will follow the instructions and update to 7.7. Very much appreciate your patience.

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Thank you for your response. I understand that this is primarily not for Global, but could not find a comparable thread that was for Global.

The reason I had asked was because initially I wanted to update to 8.8. And there is no full OTA for 8.8 yet released. And I could not figure out how to do this. Updating to 7.7 does make it easier, but I'm confused on just one point. The standard advice on how to update with Magisk is to 1) click uninstall in Magisk and then "restore images," thus restoring the stock image.. This is where I got the error message that no stock image was available. But had there been one, the next step 2) would be to update to 7.7, using the system update. Don't reboot, but 3) go back and install Magisk to the inactive slot, choosing the "Install to inactive slot (after OTA)", the 4)) reboot.

Your method never goes through the uninstalling of Magisk, and that's what confused me. Is this because you are using Oxygen Update app to do the installation?

Sorry for being so dense, but thank you so much for the help you provided. I will follow the instructions and update to 7.7. Very much appreciate your patience.
Again as I've said YOU DO NOT UNINSTALL MAGISK!!

Global, UK, China, doesn't matter it's all the same, the process doesn't change.. I house boot images on this thread but only the UK ones, but in your case you don't need them anyway, you're already rooted, you don't need a computer either, besides maybe the back up.

But that's it.

Lol,

I'll write what you do again off the top of my head, this is how sure I am of myself and of this process.

You're currently rooted and on 2.2? If yes then proceed

1. Disable all Magisk modules

2. Open oxygen updater and download the full firmware update by choosing this within the advanced settings, within the app.

3. Once downloaded, close oxygen updater and open up system settings, then system update.

4. Click the 3 dots, then click install from local storage, you should see the update you've just downloaded, if not then navigate to it, then click it, then click install.

NOTE****: once completed, DO NOT REBOOT WHEN PROMPTED AFTER THE INSTALLATION!!!

5. Close system update by pressing home, then open up Magisk manager and click the 'top' install button, then click install after OTA, allow that to finish then click reboot.

Done.

That is it, there is no uninstallation of Magisk whatsoever.

I've no idea who advised you to do that but you do not need to, providing it's a 'full update' then you're good.

The only reason I recommend oxygen updater is quite a simple one, it's faster, it releases updates earlier and you can change device if you need to, tbh all instructions are on the app, but just follow what I've written and you're golden.

What I've written from memory here without checking is probably identical to what is in the OP and the post a few before yours.

I know it's daunting but you'll be fine and you're not dense you just want to get it right.

As I've said before, always make a back up.

👍

PS: if you want a fall back plan then use my guide to extract the boot image and also how to create your own patched boot image.

These two files when complete will be all you need to reroot should something go wrong or you need to flush out a bad kernel.

This isn't needed for what you've requested it's just good practice..

I've also explained on post #881 what slots are and why they aren't confusing.

Because the dual slot system can be quite confusing at times when you don't know

Last edited:

BeachNYC

Sep 1, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Again as I've said YOU DO NOT UNINSTALL MAGISK!!

Global, UK, China, doesn't matter it's all the same, the process doesn't change.. I house boot images on this thread but only the UK ones, but in your case you don't need them anyway, you're already rooted, you don't need a computer either, besides maybe the back up.

But that's it.

Lol,

I'll write what you do again off the top of my head, this is how sure I am of myself and of this process.

You're currently rooted and on 2.2? If yes then proceed

1. Disable all Magisk modules

2. Open oxygen updater and download the full firmware update by choosing this within the advanced settings, within the app.

3. Once downloaded, close oxygen updater and open up system settings, then system update.

4. Click the 3 dots, then click install from local storage, you should see the update you've just downloaded, if not then navigate to it, then click it, then click install.

NOTE****: once completed, DO NOT REBOOT WHEN PROMPTED AFTER THE INSTALLATION!!!

5. Close system update by pressing home, then open up Magisk manager and click the 'top' install button, then click install after OTA, allow that to finish then click reboot.

Done.

That is it, there is no uninstallation of Magisk whatsoever.

I've no idea who advised you to do that but you do not need to, providing it's a 'full update' then you're good.

The only reason I recommend oxygen updater is quite a simple one, it's faster, it releases updates earlier and you can change device if you need to, tbh all instructions are on the app, but just follow what I've written and you're golden.

What I've written from memory here without checking is probably identical to what is in the OP and the post a few before yours.

I know it's daunting but you'll be fine and you're not dense you just want to get it right.

As I've said before, always make a back up.

👍

PS: if you want a fall back plan then use my guide to extract the boot image and also how to create your own patched boot image.

These two files when complete will be all you need to reroot should something go wrong or you need to flush out a bad kernel.

This isn't needed for what you've requested it's just good practice..

I've also explained on post #881 what slots are and why they aren't confusing.

Because the dual slot system can be quite confusing at times when you don't know
Just so you know....Screenshot_20210921-003207.jpg

Thanks so much.

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
Haha all good ? Nice one.

Easy right??

Glad you're up and running.

Let me know if you get stuck again 👍
Sesh, i wish I had found your guide earlier lol, it's so easy to understand. But i have a few questions.
- I assume i should skip the update from Android 10 to 11 part because my OnePlus 8 pro is already android 11.
- Should i take the SIM card out of the phone before starting the unlocking bootloader/rooting process??
- If i ever want to update the phone, should I flash the stock rom instead of the patched one following the same process?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Sesh, i wish I had found your guide earlier lol, it's so easy to understand. But i have a few questions.
- I assume i should skip the update from Android 10 to 11 part because my OnePlus 8 pro is already android 11.
- Should i take the SIM card out of the phone before starting the unlocking bootloader/rooting process??
- If i ever want to update the phone, should I flash the stock rom instead of the patched one following the same process?
All in the OP mate.. there's a section outlined for each circumstance.

I made the 10 to 11 section as I was on 10 at the time that was the first one.

Then onwards to 11-11+

No need to remove the SIM.

The part you require is under the section marked 4th 11- 11+

Updating the phone is quite simple..

Just follow what I wrote above to the previous user that's also in the OP.

Bare in mind that the ROM isn't actually a ROM it's always a stock ROM, it's only the boot image you're altering from stock boot to patched boot.

If you go back a few posts I explain this in more detail.

This one: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-androi...r-magisk_patched-guides.4175033/post-85650693

Reactions: Arksuga

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021

Then onwards to 11-11+

Bare in mind that the ROM isn't actually a ROM it's always a stock ROM, it's only the boot image you're altering from stock boot to patched boot.

This one: https://xdaforums.com/t/root-androi...r-magisk_patched-guides.4175033/post-85650693
Ohh, i think i get it now. Then i still can't find the stock boot image for the 11.0.8.8IN11BA version, how do I get it?? I downloaded one but i think it's the stock rom not the boot image

Last edited:

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
I dont know how to delete a comment so I left it this way, pls ignore this comment lol

Last edited:

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021

Then onwards to 11-11+

Nevermind i think i did it, i downloaded the rom for the eu version 11.0.8.8 (if im not mistaken the european version is the 11.0.8.8IN11BA and IN2023) from here https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-8-pro-stock-firmware/, then used payload dumper and now there's a boot.img which is 98.304kb

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Nevermind i think i did it, i downloaded the rom for the eu version 11.0.8.8 (if im not mistaken the european version is the 11.0.8.8IN11BA and IN2023) from here https://www.getdroidtips.com/oneplus-8-pro-stock-firmware/, then used payload dumper and now there's a boot.img which is 98.304kb

Ok so firstly, lol just read the OP :D

2nd I normally upload a patched and unpatched image for each release, but as I'm currently using Evo X, I haven't this time.

But I shall, probably today.

Oxygen updater is the best source for the latest firmware, especially BA/EU

Next the boot image, yep you do indeed use the payload dumper, it was also in the OP. Extraction is quite easy.

Next do not flash it, once patched.

Just boot it, then install directly.

Well done I think?

U all good?

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
Ok so firstly, lol just read the OP :D

2nd I normally upload a patched and unpatched image for each release, but as I'm currently using Evo X, I haven't this time.

But I shall, probably today.

Oxygen updater is the best source for the latest firmware, especially BA/EU

Next the boot image, yep you do indeed use the payload dumper, it was also in the OP. Extraction is quite easy.

Next do not flash it, once patched.

Just boot it, then install directly.

Well done I think?

U all good?
Its all good now, thank you so much!!! Im sorry i made you so many questions, im the type of person that overthinks everything a lot so even tho i read it on the OP i still needed someone to confirm if everything was correctly done.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Its all good now, thank you so much!!! Im sorry i made you so many questions, im the type of person that overthinks everything a lot so even tho i read it on the OP i still needed someone to confirm if everything was correctly done.

It's quite alright, I completely get it, just go over the guide a few times...make your own even on paper and if you get the jist of it then it'll stick, making guides is a really helpful way of remembering things.

You'll never forget then.

Glad you're sorted 😉👍

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
Last time i tried to root my phone it was a huawei mate 9 and i bricked it, but apparently it was a problem of the phone, not because i messed up in the process (or at least i think so, because even tho I unlocked the bootloader and used twrp to flash the root zip they still repaired it and I didnt pay at all so the warranty still covered it somehow)
So that's why I asked that many questions sorry :)

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Last time i tried to root my phone it was a huawei mate 9 and i bricked it, but apparently it was a problem of the phone, not because i messed up in the process (or at least i think so, because even tho I unlocked the bootloader and used twrp to flash the root zip they still repaired it and I didnt pay at all so the warranty still covered it somehow)
So that's why I asked that many questions sorry :)
Lol it's ok man don't worry, better to be sure.

It's almost impossible to brick a OnePlus, MSM is an amazing tool, but it will relock your bootloader, I had the p20 Pro myself, they pulled the bootloader unlocks shortly after that, I'll never buy another Huawei or Honor again, they're not android anymore IMHO.

The method you used for the Huawei is also valid on OnePlus phones but as we're missing twrp on 11 it simply can't work.

So affecting the boot.img is our only way, unless as was in your case you're already rooted, retaining it is quite easy as you now know.

If when the time comes you lose root (and you might, it happens for many reasons) let me know if you get stuck, but for the most part the OP can set you on the right track.

Ask if you're not sure.

👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Have seen a lot of requests for patched boot images on these threads so thought i'd share a guide on how to get it yourself as well as all the files required, plus the patched boot.img if you just want to go ahead and boot/flash it without obtaining one yourself

Please read the process before committing to proceeding, so you know what's required and what you should and shouldn't use!

Stock and patched images are UK/ EU but the guides are universal and could be used on multiple devices.

:)

NOTE:

For these guides the versions used are:
    Stable, Canary or BETA depending on firmware, simply change the channel in Magisk settings then select install / update:

Magisk Manager - Magisk (Canary) version: 1469b82a (21101)

Boot img patched using Magisk (Canary) version: 1469b82a (21101)

Boot img patched using Magisk beta 21.4 (21400)

11.0.4.4 (DO NOT UPDATE TO 22.0 YOU WILL BOOTLOOP!

Boot Img patched using Magisk beta
    21.4 (21400)

Boot img patched using Magisk Stable 22.0 (22000) (18)

Boot img patched using Magisk Stable 22.1 (22100)

Boot.img patched using Magisk Stable 23.0 (23000) (21)

Boot.img patched using Magisk 24

Thanks @tfae

12 11.C.15 EU. Thanks @tfae

1st

Extracting a boot.img using Payload dumper

Pre-requisites

A device with a working version of magisk manager installed, simply change the channel to the version outlined in the list above relevant to your firmware then select install / update:

A Windows 10 computer / laptop
    A full update downloaded firmware zip for your model (recommend oxygen updater)
    Payload dumper program for Windows.

Process

On your computer

1. Download and copy the PAYLOAD DUMPER folder to your desktop, there will be one folder with 2 files and 2 folders inside.

Download from here: https://mega.nz/folder/vU00FZDa#PIEfjl5w5wonyNAwHW3FBQ

2. Download the firmware of your choice and open it using Winrar or a similar zip program, extract the file called payload.bin to the folder within the payload folder called payload_input.

3. Run the program payload_dumper.exe, a Command prompt will open to show extraction progress (this will extract a bunch of files to the payload_output folder) allow it to completely finish (the CMD window will close automatically)

4. One of the files will be called boot.img, this is the file we'll be patching, copy this to your phone, root of storage which is called /sdcard.

On your phone

5. Open up Magisk and click Install / Update, if you don't see update then change channel, so this by changing the channel in magisk settings, it'll then show the install/ update buttons.

6. Select "Select and Patch a file" it'll open up a file browser, navigate to the boot.img you copied earlier and select it, allow it to complete (this will output a file called "magisk_patched" (which will be in the Downloads folder)

You now have a patched boot.img ready to flash to either slot with fastboot or boot via fastboot, would recommend booting as this is risk free, if it's a bad image for whatever reason and you choose to flash then your phone may bootloop.

NOTE** Some people have noticed that an already patched boot.img when flashed can fail and cause a boot loop when flashed,so if you have downloaded a magisk_patched img from somewhere else then you WILL need to re-patch it on your own device preferably using the afore mentioned magisk manager based on what firmware it's from.

If you intend to follow the guide below with your own patched img then you shouldn't need to patch twice but it won't hurt if you do.

;)

2nd

Upgrading from rooted Android 10 to rooted Android 11

Pre-requisites

A rooted device running Android 10
    Canary magisk manager or beta version that works:
    Windows 10 computer / laptop

Process

On your phone

1. Disable all Magisk mods

2. Download the Android 11 firmware using Oxygen updater DO NOT INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY, WE NEED TO INSTALL MANUALLY!!!

3. Once downloaded; open settings / system / system updates

4. Click the settings cog and click 'install from local storage'

5. Locate the firmware you downloaded, it's in the root of storage.

6. Click install and allow it to finish, DO NOT CLICK THE REBOOT BUTTON YET!

7. Open Magisk. manager and click "Install / Update"

8. Click "Install to Inactive slot (After OTA) (Once complete, click reboot)

As this is a new base the first boot may take a little longer.

Your phone will now boot with Android 11.0.0 and will have retained root, all your apps will remain as you left them.

Be careful what mods you re-enable as they may not be 11 compatible.

;)

3rd

Update from 11 stable to 11+ stable whilst retaining root

Guide

1. Download the relevant firmware for your device via oxygen updater

2. Open Magisk and remove all the modules you have installed, then reboot

**NOTE- At this point I tend to copy out the whole firmware to my computer, incase I need it in the future, the boot img and patched boot img are at the foot of this guide, I'll always upload the latest firmware as soon as it comes out for the UK/EU model

3. Open up settings / system / system updates , click the cog and select "Local Upgrade" the file should be listed on screen, if not then move the file to the root of your phones storage.

4. Click install and allow it to go through the process

**NOTE- DO NOT REBOOT AT THIS POINT YOU WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO PATCH ON THE FLY, SIMPLY BACK OUT OF THE SCREEN WHICH SAYS "INSTALLATION COMPLETED. RESTART TO EXPERIENCE NEW FEATURES"

5. Open up magisk and click install (you may see two install buttons, top one is magisk and the bottom is magisk manager, we need the top one)

6. You'll be faced with a screen that has several options, you want to select "Install to Inactive slot (After OTA)" then select "LET'S GO" once complete click reboot.

7. Once your phones booted back up your system / files should all remain as they were and you should have root access.

You can now install all your modules again so long as they're compatible with the firmware you've just updated to.

4th

Rooting using fastboot commands

Method 1

Booting the patched image

1. Obtain a patched boot image for your device variant preferably using payload dumper or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - The above suggested downloads are for the EU / UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, If you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager to avoid a bootloop, if you still get a bootloop it's best to obtain one yourself using the guide at the top of this post.

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot
    and connect to your computer.

3. Boot the magisk patched img

fastboot boot magisk_patched (or name of your patched boot img)

Your phone should now boot automatically, you should now be rooted but we need to make this permanent, if you were to reboot you would lose root.

4. Open magisk manager and click install/update, if you are missing the install/ update buttons, change magisk version to beta in magisk settings and install the update, the buttons should then show.

5. Select Direct install (recommended) then click ok.

6. Allow magisk to permanently root your device then click reboot.

You should now boot and remain rooted.

Method 2

Flashing to both slots

1. Obtain a patched boot img for your device variant or download one of mine from the foot of this guide or if you've just performed the above guide you should already have a functional one, copy this file to your fastboot folder on your computer

**NOTE - Again the above suggested downloads are for the EU/ UK variant- if you have another model / firmware please use that instead, if you did not obtain the boot.img from a firmware and patch it yourself, you will need to patch it again in magisk manager, to avoid a bootloop

2. Reboot your phone to fastboot and connect to your computer.

Command: adb reboot bootloader

3. Open a command prompt on your computer and navigate to your ADB/fastboot folder.

4. Type the following.

fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched

Press enter.

fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched

Press enter

fastboot reboot

Press enter

6. Your phone should now boot, open magisk and verify you're rooted.

Troubleshooting

If flashing succeeds but you don't have root and you've followed all the instructions, you may have some magisk modules still active, try performing the following.

1. Connect your phone to your computer.

2. Reboot the phone, then during the boot animation enter this command via ADB.

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

3. Allow to boot, modules will be removed and root should then be active.

Thanks @nycdiplomat for this tip.

If there is no magisk install / update buttons.

1. Make sure you have granted permission to magisk in settings / apps / magisk / permissions

2. Make sure that the update channel is on canary, then force close magisk and then re-open

3. If it still doesn't work then update magisk using canary

4. Last method to check would be to change to the beta channel in magisk settings, then install it.

Or change the update channel, install the version on offer, then change back to canary, install and you should be good to go.

Window's version

Windows 7 will not work with fastboot, please use Windows 10

USB

Use USB 2.0 not 3.0 or 3.1

ADB

These are the files i use for ADB (1st in the below list) tested these on fresh installs of windows on several windows machines, all win 10

Place them into the root of C so it reads C:\ADB much easier to navigate to that way.

Files:

ADB Files for Windows 10:

Payload dumper program for Windows-
    https://mega.nz/folder/vU00FZDa#PIEfjl5w5wonyNAwHW3FBQ

Full OTA - Oxygen OS 11.0.1.1 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 FIRMWARE -
    https://mega.nz/file/TZl2WIBR#wSP3_bkoWl1FZZX7zfhobo3cYIAhWvDQ9f0ot3_qNFo

Oxygen OS 11.0.0 EU 11.IN11BA - IN2023 Patched boot.img -
    https://mega.nz/folder/TE8yWbIL#a6woc43pCpTX_URX5dWr1A

Oxygen OS 11.0.1.1 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -
    https://mega.nz/folder/6d1mVYgJ#tE90TcwqTLp71SgZX9Xxhg

Oxygen OS 11.0.1.1 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -
    https://mega.nz/folder/CINjAQCZ#Sns

sRugbc0sELF0ajSAEXg

Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -
    https://mega.nz/folder/PFsmFDKY#01sGzxzVpiAELjcT0LuZmQ

Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -
    https://mega.nz/folder/vJs0FRBD#SisIJ5FrmkJ3ej1RB6Yz3Q

Oxygen OS 11.0.3.3 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.3.3 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.4.4 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.4.4 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.6.6 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.6.6 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img -

Oxygen OS 11.0.7.7 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.7.7 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.8.8 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.8.8 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.10.10 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.10.10 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.11.11 EU IN11BA - IN2023
    Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.11.11 EU IN11BA - IN2023
    Patched boot.img

Android 12 11.C.15 - Stock and patched images from. @tfae

Stock Boot Image
    Stock DTBO Image
    Magisk PATCHED Boot Image

Happy unbricking :)

OOS 11.0.8.8 BA version(Europe), my device is IN2020
    Hi to everyone, I need your help: I am on oos 10 rooted 10.5.14IN11BA and I want to upgrade to oos11. Under settings-> update I find that the update for my phone is 11.0.8.8 IN11BA. If I want upgrade in this situation I have to follow the 2nd step of tutorial but I have a doubt: after update and no reboot I have to install Magisk in inactive slot(ota update) and reboot, right? There anything else that I have to do? Please answer me, I don't want brick my phone🙏
    Morning.

In short.

5. Take the reboot

Done.

OP UPDATED: 11.0.9.9 stock and patched images

Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Stock boot.img

Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 - EU IN11BA -IN2023 Patched boot.img

Enjoy ;)
    OP UPDATED:

Stock and patched boot images are both up.

made with Magisk stable 22.1

STOCK: https://mega.nz/folder/7J0mWYLL#6jr6SsV44Lz3V0A3QhgM-A

PATCHED: https://mega.nz/folder/3MUxFSqL#Qsxp4ncferGLn_Oz0VwTZw