Root ANDROID F9212B_

Search This thread

hockeystar53

Sep 14, 2013
It's the connector at the bottom.
5 pins per row.
I wanted to root it to be able to freeze some apps to free up ram to get a smoother experience.

WW3

Feb 14, 2007
Just look up in F1 in your system, they label each pin and just ground that. I just left it grounded when flashing. I used Dupont cables instead of twizers, it was easier and gave a stable ground connection.

dallen5

May 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Just look up in F1 in your system, they label each pin and just ground that. I just left it grounded when flashing. I used Dupont cables instead of twizers, it was easier and gave a stable ground connection.
Hey I was able to get it rooted but I was on f9211b firmware and I want to go back to a f9212b firmware so I can get my Google things back. When I do an Android upgrade it just still have the Chinese apps on it. Anyway I can get the other language back?

WW3

Feb 14, 2007
Hey I was able to get it rooted but I was on f9211b firmware and I want to go back to a f9212b firmware so I can get my Google things back. When I do an Android upgrade it just still have the Chinese apps on it. Anyway I can get the other language back?
Rooting doesn't change the OS, you can just as easily download the correct firmware from xyauto and reinstall. I ended up doing that when I wiped by apps folder and everything was back to normal including Google auto apps.

dallen5

May 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
Rooting doesn't change the OS, you can just as easily download the correct firmware from xyauto and reinstall. I ended up doing that when I wiped by apps folder and everything was back to normal including Google auto apps.
Ok so check this out...I downloaded a new firmware but it takes me to the TWRP screen.

WW3

Feb 14, 2007
You have to flash system image from the new firmware using twrp.. flashing xyauto firmware as is will flash recovery loosing twrp and root.

dallen5

May 15, 2012
Mobile, AL
You have to flash system image from the new firmware using twrp.. flashing xyauto firmware as is will flash recovery loosing twrp and root.
Yes it's a little bit more work than the system image...when I extracted the zip the system had two files system.patch.dat and system.new.dat. I was reading about how to compress them together to make the system image file. Do you know how to do that?

Top Liked Posts