Root Android M For Nexus 5

Search This thread

Prince_Eugen

Dec 17, 2013
Cairo
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Hey guys i found post on FB about rooting Nexus 5 so i did it and i have root successful
so you need to and flash
TWRP Recovery
Flash Despair.M.HH.R1-fixed Kernal (flash this before Su or you will have bootloop )
Supersu beta 2.49

Tutorial video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFMM6XbbgBw
thanks to @CronosTech

Kernel Source
https://github.com/DespairFactor/N5M

5NbYQtom.png
dYfAXMqm.png
JlvD2Vmm.png

Attachments

• BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 5,752
  • Despair.M.HH.R1-fixed.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 7,241
Last edited:

rodrigorajao

Feb 21, 2009
Nice. I only have 3 question:

1. After rooting, will I still recieve OTA updates when they become available with the new dev previews?
2. Can I use Clockwork recovery instead? My devices never play nice with TWRP.
3. I never flashed a custom kernel, is it any more dangerous than flashing a custom ROM? Can it irreparably ruin my phone? Does this kernel offer any advantage besides permissive SELinux?

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Nice. I only have 3 question:

1. After rooting, will I still recieve OTA updates when they become available with the new dev previews?
2. Can I use Clockwork recovery instead? My devices never play nice with TWRP.
3. I never flashed a custom kernel, is it any more dangerous than flashing a custom ROM? Can it irreparably ruin my phone? Does this kernel offer any advantage besides permissive SELinux?

1. Yes, it should (or if not, just flash system images / firmware images)
2. Yes
3. If you flash a custom ROM, the you flash a custom kernel. That's the logic. So basically it has the same risk of flashing a custom ROM. The kernel offers some tweakable features (it can be tweaked via an app)

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
I flashed @hellsgod kernel and got root. So there's like 3 kernels now that give root. Code blue has one too.

Also with this kernel I get about 6.5 hours sot cause standby is amazing now.

CronosTech

Oct 2, 2012
Delhi
Tutorial video

Hey guys i found post on FB about rooting Nexus 5 so i did it and i have root successful
so you need to and flash
TWRP Recovery
Flash Despair.M.HH.R1-fixed Kernal (flash this before Su or you will have bootloop )
Supersu beta 2.49

Kernel Source
https://github.com/DespairFactor/N5M

5NbYQtom.png
dYfAXMqm.png
JlvD2Vmm.png

SORRY FOR TAGGING YOU HERE BUT I JUST WANTED TO TELL THAT I MADE A VIDEO WHICH WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD POST IT IN THE MAIN POST SO THAT IT WOULD BECOME EASY FOR PEOPLE TO ROOT THEIR NEXUS 5 !

PLEASE ADD IT TO THE POST : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFMM6XbbgBw

kingofswords

Jan 21, 2015
Android m root

I'm Running M as secondary rom through multirom(with lollipop as primary and Ubuntu )
If I change kernal will it apply to both android roms?
Will this be ok if it does?

Thx

zerosum0

Feb 7, 2015
1. Yes, it should (or if not, just flash system images / firmware images)
2. Yes
3. If you flash a custom ROM, the you flash a custom kernel. That's the logic. So basically it has the same risk of flashing a custom ROM. The kernel offers some tweakable features (it can be tweaked via an app)

You won't get updates. The md5sum has been altered

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

how do i do that?
just install from twrp? will it ignore the primary rom?

LMAO go and read up on multirom. While you are at it keep reading

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

JLurk39

Jul 9, 2015
i dont know about kernal thing :D i just share the way with you guys

Kernel is the heart of your device. It processes all I/O's of your system. Consider it as a base platform or the foundation on which your Android OS works. To run any OS on the device there has to be kernel. Its a mediator between the hardware(device) and software(OS) ;)

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts