• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][APP] Logo+ - OSS Implementation of Lighting Effects for Razer Phone 2

Search This thread

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
I can't seem to make it work on Havoc 3.5 + Trinity :(
If you can get to a root terminal would you mind running the below command and posting the output?
Code:
ls /sys/class/leds/lp5523:channel0/device
Razer made some patches to the kernel driver for the LED chip which this app depends on. If the patches aren't in the kernel some sysfs nodes, in particular the "memory" node, wont be present and therefore the app wont work.
I tried to look at TrinityKernel's source and everything seems in order, so not sure what's going on.
Does it let you toggle the switch but just doesn't change the lights or does it fail to even toggle?

Rexxx666

Dec 21, 2018
Working good on MR3! Great work! Is there any way to get it to work 2ith the camera ? I know chroma doesnt work while using the camera but idk if there's a way for you to work around that or not, if so that would make the app even more badass!

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Working good on MR3! Great work! Is there any way to get it to work 2ith the camera ? I know chroma doesnt work while using the camera but idk if there's a way for you to work around that or not, if so that would make the app even more badass!
Hmm, to be honest I didn't really pay attention to whether it turned off with the camera. If it's doing it now (I didn't specifically program it to turn off with the camera), then unfortunately thats probably not possible. The app works by literally talking directly to the kernel. If the behavior is entrenched that deep into the OS then no way is an app, even with root, gonna be able to change it :p

rrusek

Mar 3, 2006
Strange problem...

Running version 1.0.13 on RP2 Lineage 17.1 Android Q. Passive effect and Ring effect work but I cannot get the notifications to work at all. Permissions set correctly and running root.

Thanks,
RJR

DeathToy

Aug 3, 2018
Strange problem...

Running version 1.0.13 on RP2 Lineage 17.1 Android Q. Passive effect and Ring effect work but I cannot get the notifications to work at all. Permissions set correctly and running root.

Thanks,
RJR
Same thing for me on Bliss, except using Logo+ makes the LED go crazy when playing music haha. Acts as a kind of visualizer.

x0xDJSx0x

Jun 18, 2018
ic_launcher_round.png

My device has met with QC issues and I've elected not to replace it. Development on this project may stagnate
LogoPlus is an Open Source Alternative to the stock Razer Chroma Configurator app and corresponding service

The latest version can be downloaded from GitHub (cant load XDAs upload plugin in my browser for some reason)

Demo video attached to post #2

The current feature set includes:
  • Select custom notification color per app
  • Set LED brightness
  • Up to 4 apps' colors on the logo at once
  • 5 different passive effects
  • Animation for phone ringing, with different colors per contact
  • Pocket mode. Lights turn off if placed into a pocket or bag
  • Automation integration (Tasker/Locale)
  • Charging animation
  • Custom effect programs
  • Music visualizer (controllable via automation plugin)

In order to use the app correctly, please disable the "Chroma" system app
Currently notifications will only be displayed when the phone is locked (screen off or on lock screen)
Also please enable notification access for the app as it currently doesnt ask for it automatically
Also please disable battery optimisation for the app so Android doesn't kill the service

Also I haven't done apps for a while, so please excuse the very messy code :p

XDA:DevDB Information
LogoPlus, Device Specific App for the Razer Phone 2

Contributors
CurtisMJ
Source Code: https://github.com/CurtisMJ/LogoPlus

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.0.13
Stable Release Date: 2020-04-09

Created 2019-01-26
Last Updated 2020-04-09
do you have any plans on supporting an SDK client service from open RGB would be sick to sync my phone with my PC RGB.

JDubbed

Feb 18, 2011
My troubleshooting post is here.

I had recently removed a handful of apps including Logo+ in order to diagnose a battery draining problem. Upon reboot my phone gets stuck at the logo screen. I can get into TWRP but that is about it. I have been told that Logo+ could have been the culprit behind crippling my Razer 2 Phone when I uninstalled it. So I am following his advice. I have been asked to reinstall Logo+. However, TWRP doesn't appear to be able to install APK files. So how would I go about installing Logo+ onto a phone that cannot boot? Is there a zip version of Logo+ I can use to flash using TWRP? Can I somehow sideload Logo+ or use fastboot to sideload an APK somehow? I just need to get Logo+ back onto my phone to see if that fixes the problem. If not I can rule it out. Thanks!

MoPhoMike

Feb 3, 2012
Bloomingdale
My troubleshooting post is here.

I had recently removed a handful of apps including Logo+ in order to diagnose a battery draining problem. Upon reboot my phone gets stuck at the logo screen. I can get into TWRP but that is about it. I have been told that Logo+ could have been the culprit behind crippling my Razer 2 Phone when I uninstalled it. So I am following his advice. I have been asked to reinstall Logo+. However, TWRP doesn't appear to be able to install APK files. So how would I go about installing Logo+ onto a phone that cannot boot? Is there a zip version of Logo+ I can use to flash using TWRP? Can I somehow sideload Logo+ or use fastboot to sideload an APK somehow? I just need to get Logo+ back onto my phone to see if that fixes the problem. If not I can rule it out. Thanks!
Under the install tab at the lower right of the screen, it should have a button that says "Install APK" and once tapped, will revert to "Install zip". Depending on which kernel your using. I am using arter97-R12 kernel and it's available there. You might try flashing that from fastboot mode if you are running a different kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher_round.png

My device has met with QC issues and I've elected not to replace it. Development on this project may stagnate
    LogoPlus is an Open Source Alternative to the stock Razer Chroma Configurator app and corresponding service

The latest version can be downloaded from GitHub (cant load XDAs upload plugin in my browser for some reason)

Demo video attached to post #2

The current feature set includes:
    • Select custom notification color per app
    • Set LED brightness
    • Up to 4 apps' colors on the logo at once
    • 5 different passive effects
    • Animation for phone ringing, with different colors per contact
    • Pocket mode. Lights turn off if placed into a pocket or bag
    • Automation integration (Tasker/Locale)
    • Charging animation
    • Custom effect programs
    • Music visualizer (controllable via automation plugin)

In order to use the app correctly, please disable the "Chroma" system app
    Currently notifications will only be displayed when the phone is locked (screen off or on lock screen)
    Also please enable notification access for the app as it currently doesnt ask for it automatically
    Also please disable battery optimisation for the app so Android doesn't kill the service

Also I haven't done apps for a while, so please excuse the very messy code :p

XDA:DevDB Information
    LogoPlus, Device Specific App for the Razer Phone 2

Contributors
    CurtisMJ
    Source Code: https://github.com/CurtisMJ/LogoPlus

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.13
    Stable Release Date: 2020-04-09

Created 2019-01-26
    Last Updated 2020-04-09
    Reserved

Changelog:
    v1.0:
    - Initial release
    v1.0.1:
    - Improved service coordination
    - Code cleanup
    - Added passive effects
    v1.0.2
    - Bug fixes and code cleanup
    - Service co-ordination improvements
    v1.0.3
    - Moved to Room DB for persistence
    - Support libraries migrated to AndroidX
    - Various threading and coordination improvements
    v1.0.4
    - Main service is now a proper state machine, allowing for functionality to be more easily added in future
    - Notification listener caches settings in RAM for better performance and efficiency
    - Various bug fixes
    v1.0.5
    - Tweaked microcode to be more efficient, as a result, 6 colors can now be displayed at once for app notifications.
    - State machine paths improved
    - Separation of concerns in state machine, allowing for more possible backends for controlling the lights (such as stock ROM system services)
    - Phone ring animation! Complete with specific colors per contact!
    Disclaimer:
    This build contains dormant code for both the rootless mode and music visualizer, 'cause using feature branches would mean I have my life together. I'll activate them when they're stable enough to actually use.
    v1.0.6
    - Pocket mode! When the screen is switched off, the app will query various sensors for a few seconds afterwards and if it is determined the device is placed in a pocket or bag, the lights will be disabled, which can save battery.
    - Some explanations added for the 2 toggles in the passive effect screen
    - Service worker wakelock renamed to more accurately describe its source
    - Code cleanup
    v1.0.7
    - First stable release
    - New icon
    - Automation integration (Tasker) first phase
    - In order for automation to work, the "Allow Automation" switch must be turned on from the main drawer
    - New "Roll" passive effect
    - Code cleanup and optimization
    v1.0.8
    - Charging animation
    - Various improvements to state machine
    - Now asks for exemption from battery optimization
    - Sped up fadeout effect
    v1.0.9
    - Dependency updates (newer libsuperuser)
    - Added custom effects!
    NOTE: Custom effect programs must be compiled with Texas Instruments' Lysti compiler which can be found on the support page of the LP5523 controller.
    See my Chroma research thread on XDA for details:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/razer-phone-2/development/research-oss-chroma-service-t3890290
    v1.0.10
    - Limit of 6 apps on LEDs at once has been reduced to 4 in order to generate higher quality microcode, as there was an issue with timing before which could make it unclear what color the logo is flashing
    - Now uses E164 format phone numbers internally for comparison. This should make number identification for ring animation more reliable.
    - Notification preference for apps now previews the color on the logo while picking
    v1.0.11
    - Music Visualizer! Toggle the visualizer switch in the drawer and then play some music!
    Side note: I'm pretty sure this is bad for the LEDs. Use sparingly :p
    v1.0.12
    Now asks for recording permissions!
    Also BitDefender didn't mark it as malicious! I have literally no idea!
    v1.0.13
    Added ability to control visualizer state from automation plugin! (Tasker, Locale)
    You may wish to disable the toggle for automatic visualization state control in the main UI as this may interfere with your custom logic in your automation application of choice.
    New version v1.0.8 released!
    Now includes a charging animation!
    Update

New version v1.0.1 available in Downloads section!
    v1.0.7 is released!
    Tasker integration has been added, and, not to be outdone, a new passive effect similar to Razer's "Wave" effect (except you can't choose the direction for the moment being :p )

Edit: forgot to mention, I've also attached a demo video to post #2