[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

xanthrax

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee Lead / RC-RT Com - Vampire
Staff member
Apr 12, 2011
Darkside
Well, that's more a thing of your ROM or Theme, and a power button is not aosp, that means the feature would probably not work on most devices.
Will release today anyway. Thank you all for the tests. I will come back to you with a present, just let me know your gmails/PlayStore accs. :)
Nice ! I wish you good luck !

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
Will be released in the PlayStore later. Open beta is over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
This looks awesome. Hopefully this works with ParanoidAndroid. A cool option would be to add our own custom buttons. I have a superman one I can't get rid of lol.

Turboboxer

Oct 7, 2011
ATLANTA
OK I will get some logcats for you. I am seeing the same on the ELE ROM. I was on CM today to test something and I saw this thread. Also when I try it the back button and the recents seem to be reversed. The recents changes to back and back to recents icon.

Edit: Could you link me to a Logcat pulling app. I tried a few from the playstore. I can pull one using ADB but at work I can't so I was going to take you up on that suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: janis605

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
OK I will get some logcats for you. I am seeing the same on the ELE ROM. I was on CM today to test something and I saw this thread. Also when I try it the back button and the recents seem to be reversed. The recents changes to back and back to recents icon.

Edit: Could you link me to a Logcat pulling app. I tried a few from the playstore. I can pull one using ADB but at work I can't so I was going to take you up on that suggestion.
CatLog works great for me.

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Soft reboots on latest PA build with latest Franco nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
They are intended. The problem is, that it would technically work without them but I experienced situations where the system had cached the buttons and it looked like they would not have changed.

Also FC messages would look very unpleasing.

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Reboot when I press apply, don't work.
Xylon + franco
Ok, no panic. Are the buttons you see in the upper section when starting the app changed after applying?

Do they look likebthe ones in the NavigationBar?

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
They are intended. The problem is, that it would technically work without them but I experienced situations where the system had cached the buttons and it looked like they would not have changed.

Also FC messages would look very unpleasing.

Unfortunately the buttons aren't being applied after the reboot.

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Unfortunately the buttons aren't being applied after the reboot.

Please answer these questions:
Are the buttons you see in the upper section when starting the app changed after applying?

Do they look like the ones in the NavigationBar?

Last edited:

Jonphinguyen7

Oct 18, 2011
Please answer these questions:
Are the buttons you see in the upper section when starting the app changed after applying?

Do they look like the ones in the NavigationBar?
After applying the buttons remain default both in the app and in the ROM.