ROOT BLU R1 PLUS - R0051UU ROM 6.0 V13 - MT6737m

Search This thread

donnasbrt1

Sep 9, 2012
No it is not possible to flash just any kernel or anything along those lines at this time unless you wish to be a tester on this .

First thing .Make a TWRP backup of entire system in case you need to restore device ..

You can customize further with xposed and gravitybox on stock rom . Greenify will also help with battery

anonxlg

Sep 3, 2011
i google this phone plus root occasionally to see if something pops up not expecting anything.
This is great news and a small number of us will be happy, thanks for this.

Does installing twrp require wiping the phone? From the instructions, it sounds like doing a wipe is an optional step (vs unlocking the bootloader on a phone that requires the phone to be wiped)

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
i google this phone plus root occasionally to see if something pops up not expecting anything.
This is great news and a small number of us will be happy, thanks for this.

Does installing twrp require wiping the phone? From the instructions, it sounds like doing a wipe is an optional step (vs unlocking the bootloader on a phone that requires the phone to be wiped)

Two process go wipe (format/erase) internal storage. First wipe after unlocking bootloader and second with TWRP (Wipe - format data).

You can copy internal storage to PC and backup data phone with any backup&restore application before any action.

Sent from my BLU Tank Xtreme Pro using XDA Labs

anonxlg

Sep 3, 2011
I'm still trying to get my phone ready to use this, however I still have 2 apps/games that I can't transfer/backup yet.
I've tried helium to try and back up the apps, but when I plug in to the pc, the helium desktop app refuses to recognize phone (even though I checked that adb is working).
Also, did anyone confirm magisk works on this? Does the device pass safetynet check without root? (for lineage)

Last edited:

psyQ.

Oct 16, 2016
Unlock Bootloader and Root BLU R1 Plus
Yes it has been done

Thanks to @lopestom for all his help and porting TWRP to this device
Thanks to RootJunky for FRP Unlock.img
Thanks to Larry Miller for testing with his device

This has been done to Three 16 G devices and One 32 G device to date

WARNING:
Code:
[B][COLOR="red"]
DO NOT FLASH RECOVERY WITH SP FLASHTOOL AS IT
COULD BRICK DEVICE!![/COLOR][/B]
For use SPFT you need special file. So here's the best way is using ADB-fastboot to unlock bootloader, flash FRP Unlock.img and recovery!!

At all times it is necessary to think in safety not to have a bricked device.
Then for the uninformed users:
Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ROM WITH TWRP AND COPY FOR YOUR PC![/COLOR][/B]

This method uses adb and fastboot commands to achieve root

Before any actions: copy all that you need from SDcard internal to PC!

If you want backup calls, messages, contacts (different by goggle contatcs or if you can record all the contacts in your google contacts account directly through the contacts application).

For backup, use any application from google play! Save in your PC! After all the processes you can restore them using the same application that you used.

- Instructions to PROCESS:

1. On phone open setting
about phone, tap 7 times in build number
Enable Developer Options
Enable USB Debugging

2. On PC search the folder of adb and fastboot minimal ( included in zip to install }

Unzip and Place unlock.img , recoveryTWRP.img and SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip in adb and fastboot minimal folder

Open adb terminal

Code:
adb devices
to ensure connection

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Code:
fastboot flash frp unlock.img

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
( Confirm with volume up select on phone )

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryTWRP.img
Fastboot will show image flashed but due to BLUs locking of device fastboot reboot will not function

So ….

Unplug device , Hold power off until device turns off

Hold Volume up and Plug device back into PC ,

Continue to hold volume up until TWRP boots fully

Select Wipe , Select Format Data ( don’t worry if any errors show )

Reboot TWRP Recovery

Select Mount , Select Mount USB Storage

Open Device on PC , Move SR3-SuperSU zip to device external_sd

Unmount

Select Install

Select external_sd

Select SU zip and install in TWRP

Select Reboot System

Phone May reboot several time do not interrupt boot

Unlocked bootloader and TWRP

xposed arm v89 has been tested and works , Gravitybox 6.5.3 has been tested and works

Download link
TWRP_Root_R1_Plus.zip
mirror: TWRP Root R1 Plus.zip

William Smith

XDA:DevDB Information
[TUT] Unblocking & Unlocking - Installing TWRP - ROOT, Kernel for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
lopestom, donnasbrt1
Source Code: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/blu-blu-vivo-kernel-sources-t3767993

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-18

Created 2018-09-19
Last Updated 2018-09-24
I hope this thread is still alive. Anyways, I got mine to reboot into fastboot but it is stuck there, I cannot flash the unlock.img because the device is not getting detected. It shows "FASTBOOT mode..." and I am unsure whether it is indeed in fastboot as the terminal shows "<waiting for device>".

I am looking forward to any assistance. Thank you!

Last edited:

psyQ.

Oct 16, 2016
I figured everything out. The issue above was solved by updating the driver thru windows 10 updates. Now I have Xposed and some nifty modules but one issue persists: how can I remove the adds on my notification panel? They automatically open my installed browser so for now, I had all of them removed/disabled.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes it has been done

Thanks to @lopestom for all his help and porting TWRP to this device
    Thanks to RootJunky for FRP Unlock.img
    Thanks to Larry Miller for testing with his device

This has been done to Three 16 G devices and One 32 G device to date

WARNING:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="red"]
    DO NOT FLASH RECOVERY WITH SP FLASHTOOL AS IT 
    COULD BRICK DEVICE!![/COLOR][/B]
    For use SPFT you need special file. So here's the best way is using ADB-fastboot to unlock bootloader, flash FRP Unlock.img and recovery!!

Then for the uninformed users:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ROM WITH TWRP AND COPY FOR YOUR PC![/COLOR][/B]

This method uses adb and fastboot commands to achieve root

Before any actions: copy all that you need from SDcard internal to PC!

If you want backup calls, messages, contacts (different by goggle contatcs or if you can record all the contacts in your google contacts account directly through the contacts application).

For backup, use any application from google play! Save in your PC! After all the processes you can restore them using the same application that you used.

- Instructions to PROCESS:

1. On phone open setting
    about phone, tap 7 times in build number
    Enable Developer Options
    Enable USB Debugging

2. On PC search the folder of adb and fastboot minimal ( included in zip to install }

Unzip and Place unlock.img , recoveryTWRP.img and SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip in adb and fastboot minimal folder

Open adb terminal

Code:
    adb devices
    to ensure connection

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fastboot flash frp unlock.img

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    ( Confirm with volume up select on phone )

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recoveryTWRP.img
    Fastboot will show image flashed but due to BLUs locking of device fastboot reboot will not function

So ….

Unplug device , Hold power off until device turns off

Hold Volume up and Plug device back into PC ,

Continue to hold volume up until TWRP boots fully

Select Wipe , Select Format Data ( don’t worry if any errors show )

Reboot TWRP Recovery

Select Mount , Select Mount USB Storage

Open Device on PC , Move SR3-SuperSU zip to device external_sd

Unmount

Select Install

Select external_sd

Select SU zip and install in TWRP

Select Reboot System

Phone May reboot several time do not interrupt boot

Unlocked bootloader and TWRP

xposed arm v89 has been tested and works , Gravitybox 6.5.3 has been tested and works

Download link
    TWRP_Root_R1_Plus.zip
    mirror: TWRP Root R1 Plus.zip

William Smith

XDA:DevDB Information
    [TUT] Unblocking & Unlocking - Installing TWRP - ROOT, Kernel for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    lopestom, donnasbrt1
    Source Code: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/blu-blu-vivo-kernel-sources-t3767993

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-18

Created 2018-09-19
    Last Updated 2018-09-24
    More in info on device R1 Plus

For anyone having issue with root or device issues .
    If you can return to twrp and select power off this will allow required selection for so flashtool .Or if bootloop press and hold button combo and insert USB during power down of bootloop . Button combo for preloader is volume up and then power button then plug in device
    Stock ROM here
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/nbm2vt2dne5s2pc
    TWRP
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/hjmjpgepfbnjy7h
    TWRP Backup
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/eaxx8fla8a9a247

Lineage 14.1 (almost bug free)
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fqqj9hqqascs0/Lineage 14.1 R1 Plus
    Lineage has bug in OFF charging animation phone charges just no animation and rear camera macro focus
    No other bugs have been found at this time
    Xposed does work with this build v89-sdk25 arm

Thanks to Lopestom and Larry Miller for there support with this

Yes it has been done

This is too late for me. I returned this phone long ago.
    Tried a different laptop, a couple of new cables and the error is still the same (see above) using the latest version of Flash Tool (v5.1828.01) to download the supposed stock ROM found online (http://www.mediafire.com/file/25su5934zm65vgb/Blu_R0051UU_MT6737M_V13_REPAIR.zip). I also deselected everything in Flashtool from the scatter file except "system" and it still would not load. Note that the only way to put the phone in a state that will communicate with the flash tool is to first hold the vol up and power button for a long time and keep holding them in until the BLU logo disappears and the TWRP menu appears. Here you select Reboot and then Power Off and only then will the flash tool try to communicate with the device when you plug the USB cable in. That's when the long red bar moves across the footer of the screen with 100% and a little later the error messages I named above occurs. Looks like I'm bricked unless I can find a kind soul to share a TWRP backup.

Larry Miller has also supplied a TWRP backup for this device ..thanks Larry
    TWRP backup

I installed SuperSU without thinking. Is it too late or is it possible to install Magisk instead?
    With Supersu installed you can install Magisk and after remove suspersu......

Just tried to uninstall SuperUS and it no longer boots, locks up at the BLU screen. I was following these steps: link
    Should have made a backup when I had the chance. Oh, well it's like they say, live and forget and forget again.
    So I guess I'll cross my fingers that this factory image I downloaded is not full of malware and is on the up and up.
    After removed Supersu or Magisk the ROM can't start because have Custom recovery installed and made modified system option..... So in this case need install again supersu or magisk!

Then for the uninformed users: MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ROM WITH TWRP AND COPY FOR YOUR PC!

Sent from my BLUBOO Xtouch using XDA Labs
    Fixed, can't thank you enough!