Root Call SMS Manager

Search This thread

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
I notice this is not getting all of the spam texts that are not in my contacts. I could set it to the default messaging app, but there is no way to use that to send texts. Also in the Journal, what does the lock do? It it has no records?

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Hi

I have a dual sim Oneplus 7T phone, it catches all of the unwanted texts from sim 2, but not sim 1. Is this a limitation of the free version? I mean, my settings have to be right as long as it's catching Sim 2, with "block sim all" selected. I am going to send over the logs now.

Thanks

Last edited:

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
What is 'group messages'?
A group message involves three or more recipients. The most interesting thing about group messages is that you do not need to invest in a software to send group messages. Most mobile devices offer this functionality. There is, however, a limit on the number of recipients.

The maximum number of recipients depends largely on your mobile device and carrier. Some older phones only offer up to 10 recipients but some models may allow you to choose up to 30 recipients.

Group messages are typically sent as an MMS and must be enabled from the settings. The process is fairly simple, though. Go to your contacts and create a group of recipients. You can have several groups and name them accordingly.

While group messages are an easy way to send a text message, the limit on the number of recipients can be a problem. Plus, since they’re sent as MMS, not all phones may support group messages.

Group messages are not counted as a single message, i.e: if you have 10 recipients you will be charged for 10 messages. Similarly, the phone may or may not open 10 different threads, which may also make it a bit difficult to manage all the conversations.

N.B.: It is typically a pain for folks who inadvertently included and cannot escape the nonsense that follows.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
@mdn80
In light of the upcoming mid-terms elections and future elections, I've compiled a somewhat comprehensive list of 'spammy' words to help avoid the many nuisances of unsolicited political content from bleeding through the system.

Is there a method to import the words in bulk or am I at the mercy of typing or copy/paste each word into the filtering option?
Accept credit cards
Ad
All new
As seen on
Bargain
Beneficiary
Billing
Bonus
Cards accepted
Cash
Certified
Cheap