[Root] Camera mod for Moto X4.

Search This thread

kraatus90

Sep 2, 2012
This is a mod i have been using by quite some time, thought i should share it with other users of Moto x4. it's mostly made by @defcomg and i have only done xml and module part. you can see this has 4032x 2268 video support, it's very useful as you can record 2268p video and use google photos app's video stabilization on it to get stabilized 4k video.this produces much better 4k stabilized videos because you have 5% more resolution to work on compared to using it on normal 2160p video.

Features:

1: 2268p video mode for back camera.
2. 4k video mode for front camera.
3. 16mp mode front cam support for other camera apps.
4. Increased audio and video bitrate.
5. 1080p30/60fps hevc video support.

Requirements:

1: Magisk v16 or later.(so obviously it needs bootloader unlocked)
2: FreeDCam camera app play-store link

How to : -

1: Just install Enhance_MOTO_X4_camera.zip as a module in MagiskManager and reboot.
2: Open FreeDCam take a picture (so that it can create a freedcam folder otherwise you will get crashes in video mode) and follow attached screenshots to setup 2268p profile.

Credits: - @defcomg Donation Link .

Download : -

1. Enhance_MOTO_X4_camera.zip
2. Camera_ MX (incase someone wants fully working gcam)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,058
  • 2.png
    2.png
    226 KB · Views: 3,059
  • 3.png
    3.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 3,112
  • 4.png
    4.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 2,931
  • 5.png
    5.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,918
Last edited:

Zarxrax

Sep 3, 2013
How does this compare to the various Gcam mods out there? Does this lose any features from the stock camera? Does it improve shutter speed?

reedc83

Jul 23, 2012
Tulsa
So does this improve the moto camera or just provide a better alternative? Also is this mod just for video improvement or photos as well. The Moto X4 camera is very disappointing to say the least. I have been using a modded version of the GCam and it is much faster and better quality than the moto camera but features like the wide angle are sacrificed.

D

dhaivat_11

This is great! Trying to find a way to get less compression in photos, just installed and poking around!

can you share some 4k footage from the front camera with open camera app from the play store? see i'm trying to start a youtube channel and i want to record from open camera because of its amazing mono mode for the audio.. also share some images from arnova's gcam with front 16mp if u can.. i will highly appreciate it! ??

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

this mod doesn't remove anything, only adds the features stated in op.

can open camera app from the play store utilize the whole front 16mp after this mod? if yes then can you please share a sample footage with me? i really need to know this for my youtube channel but i'm skeptical on rooting just for testing out this one thing.. i'd really appreciate your help if you've got some time.. thanks! ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a mod i have been using by quite some time, thought i should share it with other users of Moto x4. it's mostly made by @defcomg and i have only done xml and module part. you can see this has 4032x 2268 video support, it's very useful as you can record 2268p video and use google photos app's video stabilization on it to get stabilized 4k video.this produces much better 4k stabilized videos because you have 5% more resolution to work on compared to using it on normal 2160p video.

Features:

1: 2268p video mode for back camera.
    2. 4k video mode for front camera.
    3. 16mp mode front cam support for other camera apps.
    4. Increased audio and video bitrate.
    5. 1080p30/60fps hevc video support.

Requirements:

1: Magisk v16 or later.(so obviously it needs bootloader unlocked)
    2: FreeDCam camera app play-store link

How to : -

1: Just install Enhance_MOTO_X4_camera.zip as a module in MagiskManager and reboot.
    2: Open FreeDCam take a picture (so that it can create a freedcam folder otherwise you will get crashes in video mode) and follow attached screenshots to setup 2268p profile.

Credits: - @defcomg Donation Link .

Download : -

1. Enhance_MOTO_X4_camera.zip
    2. Camera_ MX (incase someone wants fully working gcam)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone