[ROOT] CF-autoroot - Galaxy Tab S2 - SM-T710/T810/T715/T815 [19/9/15]

Search This thread

FunThomas76

Mar 30, 2013
Does the cf-Autoroot works with latest T810XXU2CPK1_T810DBT2CPK1 stock firmware ? I always stay in the "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" bootscreen :(

i took the workaround to flash again twrp and used supersu latest stable without the chance to update over wifi

deanobro

Mar 30, 2012
Is this process at all possible without a pc and odin, ie is therea paid odin + pc(in that you could skip using odin and a pc and use just one program on the device ) method at all?

JethroBaidoo

Oct 31, 2017
Samsung Tab S SM-T807V

I want to root my Samsung Tab S SM-T807V and flash with custom rom with voice calling capabilities. This device is already a GSM model and uses a sim card. i believe i should be able to make voice calls with it.

I need some help. I've been out of the game a while. Decided yesterday to root my SM-T710. It was completely stock up to this point. Had OTA upgrades to 7.0. I ODIN'd it with the autoroot tried rebooting, just clocked with the Samsung logo turning dark to bright. Then I tried the 5.11 autoroot, still same thing. I did get TWRP to install. It does say the warranty is tripped so it looks like the autoroot worked but I'm guessing I'm having a kernal conflict. I tried taking the stock 5.11 and ODIN back to kind of start over, that fails, can't copy the boot.img. I think I have everything I need just have done it in the wrong order. Any advice, tips would be appreciated.

The reason I wanted to root this is because I kept running into problems with reading/writing to the SD card, same issue as years ago that Google hasn't fixed. I know from experience with root you don't have this issue. This tablet is around 4-5 years old, if all else fails I could get a new one but I'm sure from experience someone could walk me through the order/tricks to get it booting again.

Reactions: tripLr

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I need some help. I've been out of the game a while. Decided yesterday to root my SM-T710. It was completely stock up to this point. Had OTA upgrades to 7.0. I ODIN'd it with the autoroot tried rebooting, just clocked with the Samsung logo turning dark to bright. Then I tried the 5.11 autoroot, still same thing. I did get TWRP to install. It does say the warranty is tripped so it looks like the autoroot worked but I'm guessing I'm having a kernal conflict. I tried taking the stock 5.11 and ODIN back to kind of start over, that fails, can't copy the boot.img. I think I have everything I need just have done it in the wrong order. Any advice, tips would be appreciated.

The reason I wanted to root this is because I kept running into problems with reading/writing to the SD card, same issue as years ago that Google hasn't fixed. I know from experience with root you don't have this issue. This tablet is around 4-5 years old, if all else fails I could get a new one but I'm sure from experience someone could walk me through the order/tricks to get it booting again.
Just install the latest Supersu with TWRP. Everything you need is in my TWRP thread.
If you have a Tab S2 it can't be more than 3 years old.

Just install the latest Supersu with TWRP. Everything you need is in my TWRP thread.
If you have a Tab S2 it can't be more than 3 years old.

You are the man, that worked, setting up now. Thanks so much. Just shows, ya just have to ask the right person.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Release was September 2015. So 2.5 years at maximum.

Seems older, I'm ready for a new one with something new and cool on it! :)

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
You are the man, that worked, setting up now. Thanks so much. Just shows, ya just have to ask the right person.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Seems older, I'm ready for a new one with something new and cool on it! :)
Your device got updated to Nougat if you're not already running it?

Reactions: thuddome

james0077901

Apr 19, 2018
what if the model is same but the android version is not the same? is it okay?
for example i have a galaxy tab s2 model smt715y and i see it on auto root but the android verion of my tab is 6.0.1 but the available version is 7.0?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
what if the model is same but the android version is not the same? is it okay?
for example i have a galaxy tab s2 model smt715y and i see it on auto root but the android verion of my tab is 6.0.1 but the available version is 7.0?
Better to update to nougat first.

Top Liked Posts