• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Root] Complete Stock PH1 Setup with Root - Everything working

Search This thread

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
If you got a friend might work lol. You could also remove super su and make sure u are also removing the xbin root stuff it uses from busy box. If u remove the app it still has the files that snapchat is looking for.

Sent from my N7

How would I go about this? I know this would be better than redoing the entire process... But I dont want to brick my phone again.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

If you got a friend might work lol. You could also remove super su and make sure u are also removing the xbin root stuff it uses from busy box. If u remove the app it still has the files that snapchat is looking for.

Sent from my N7

Ok so I redid the process up to flashing the verizon files before pushing SuperSu and snapchat let me login!!! Its definately looking for Superuser and the SU binaries. Time to waste 3 more hours getting my apps and data back!

Zarg95ET

Jun 18, 2010
Hey guys, i have rooted my device like 2x using this method. I am trying to re-root my phone again and when i get to the step on installing the BL and CP from odin when the device boots up it stays stuck on Samsung note 7 logo and never boots up, i let it sit for an hour. It always used to boot up and i have not taking no updates i am still on PH1. anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? I did use stock Verizon PH1 firmware through odin, i used AP, CP, BL, CSC and i did use the Verizon note 7 pit file to recovery back my phone.

Last edited:

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
I go like 3 days on single charge

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

With root

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Hey guys, i have rooted my device like 2x using this method. I am trying to re-root my phone again and when i get to the step on installing the BL and CP from odin when the device boots up it stays stuck on Samsung note 7 logo and never boots up, i let it sit for an hour. It always used to boot up and i have not taking no updates i am still on PH1. anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? I did use stock Verizon PH1 firmware through odin, i used AP, CP, BL, CSC and i did use the Verizon note 7 pit file to recovery back my phone.
You simply messed up somewhere redo copy and paste commands

Zarg95ET

Jun 18, 2010
I have attempted countless times i cannot get it to fully boot up. Has anyone else tried getting hidesu to work on the Verizon note 7 and phone got blocked by boot.img and was able to redo this root method and get it to work again?

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
I have attempted countless times i cannot get it to fully boot up. Has anyone else tried getting hidesu to work on the Verizon note 7 and phone got blocked by boot.img and was able to redo this root method and get it to work again?

I tried using hidesu and it locked me out. I just reflashed the sprint firm to get it all wiped and re did the entire root process. Boots up fine for me.

Zarg95ET

Jun 18, 2010
I tried using hidesu and it locked me out. I just reflashed the sprint firm to get it all wiped and re did the entire root process. Boots up fine for me.

I do not know what i changed after recovering. i used,
AP_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar
BL_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_VZW_N930VVZW1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
GRACEQLTE_USA_VZW.pit
to recover the phone, it boots up now fully stock. I tried doing the rooting process just as i did before and have gotten root before and at the final step when using odin and letting it fully boot it gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 logo and never fully boots.
I'm not sure what changed using these files to recover.
Is there anything i can do to ensure i have everything set the way its suppose to in order to root?

Biff627

Dec 19, 2013
I do not know what i changed after recovering. i used,
AP_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar
BL_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_VZW_N930VVZW1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
GRACEQLTE_USA_VZW.pit
to recover the phone, it boots up now fully stock. I tried doing the rooting process just as i did before and have gotten root before and at the final step when using odin and letting it fully boot it gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 logo and never fully boots.
I'm not sure what changed using these files to recover.
Is there anything i can do to ensure i have everything set the way its suppose to in order to root?

Make sure to follow the guide to the letter. I did this thing like 6 times now and I basically have it memorized lol... Just follow it all the way, I dont think you need that CSC file do you?

Smithfolk4

Jul 21, 2014
Rockville, MD
Hosed

I just got my Note 7. I was ready to root, but it came with PHE already installed. I pulled the SIM before I ever turned the phone on so it was not an update. I am guessing that you are going to have to be lucky to get a PH1 version as a new phone.

Zarg95ET

Jun 18, 2010
I just got my Note 7. I was ready to root, but it came with PHE already installed. I pulled the SIM before I ever turned the phone on so it was not an update. I am guessing that you are going to have to be lucky to get a PH1 version as a new phone.

I by mistake ended up upgrading my PH1 to PHE attempting to fix my problem. I warranty exchanged it and waiting for my replacement i'm hoping to get another PH1 but i doubt it. I'll let you guys know if its still possible to get one on Oct 18th.

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I by mistake ended up upgrading my PH1 to PHE attempting to fix my problem. I warranty exchanged it and waiting for my replacement i'm hoping to get another PH1 but i doubt it. I'll let you guys know if its still possible to get one on Oct 18th.

how would anyone know that? lol its so random theres no way to know which ones are updated already or not

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Well returned mine before it blows up. Kind of sucked being one of what maybe 15 of us who actually had a replacement phone with ph1 still on it. Wish u guys the best in getting a phe root.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiteful Monkey

May 23, 2008
How do I block OTA updates? Mine suddenly decided it wants to update itself. Defer till later but I need to stop it!

**edit** froze both system update files in titanium. Where does the downloaded ota get stored so I can delete it?

Last edited:

brettdacosta

Feb 10, 2011
I followed this thread on my PH1 stock Verizon Note 7 completely and successfully.

I have 2 questions:

1. What is the difference to the end result of these 3 methods?
a. http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-complete-stock-ph1-setup-root-t3461232
b. http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-7/how-to/how-to-root-note-7-t3449212
c. http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-vzw-note-7-t3448711

2. What method would I use to flash the HydraKernel found here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-7/development/kernel-hydrakernel-v1-1-t3452433

I don't know a whole lot of the details of the process, but I do have a fair amount of rooting experience and I can follow some mean step by step instructions.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Last edited:
Reactions: tony (3G)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device by doing this! If you break it, brick it or just plain blow it up. it is your phone and your responsibility for what happens to it.

Here it is. Full Verizon With Root - since this is Verizon based all bands should work as well

This is Based on the Verizon PH1 Firmware and is Completely Stock and Unmodified

To Avoid Repeat Questons. READ! READ IT AGAIN! and then READ it once more! if you do not Understand any part of this. Do Not Continue!!!

This Guide assumes you have some basic knowledge and can at least copy and paste for the most part! It is Intended for advanced users!!!!!!!!
    This Guide also Assumes you have an sdcard inserted in your phone(however some of you may not and this will not work.)
    This Does NOT Trip Knox.

Read this entire post before doing anything to avoid issues and FOLLOW Directions - if you don't things will not work right.

Note! if at anytime during the following steps you see the samsung boot animation before step 11. start over cause you screwed up!

Step 1. Initial PreSetup Requirements and Downloads

Make Sure your ExtSDCard(the one you put in your sim tray) is formated exfat(backup your card before you do this in windows or linux(whichever you use))
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237653 bbx.rar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24723785898787028 Verizon_System.rar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24713784966775399 Verizon Bootloader
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24713784966775400 Verizon Modem

Step 2. extract system.rar and bbx.rar and then copy system.img and bbx to your extsdcard(the sdcard you inserted into your phone)

Step 3. odin sprint userdebug firmware available here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-note-7/how-to/root-super-leaky-bros-sprint-galaxy-t3447202

Step 4. Directly after odin is done with the sprint file you will immidiatly be presented with an update screen
    Step 4a when this process of erasing your phone is finished it will reboot(this is the point you want to do the next step)
    Step 4b. press and hold power, home and vol up to enter recovery
    Step 4c If you see the samsung boot animation. you did NOT do this right and i would suggest you start over

Step 5. open a command prompt in your adb folder and do the following steps 1 at a time(these are case sensative)
    Step 5a. adb shell
    Step 5b. su
    Step 5c. setenforce 0
    Step 5d. export PATH=$PATH:/sbin
    Step 5e. mount -o remount,rw /
    Step 5f. on your phone, go to apply update from sdcard(this will mount your extsdcard as /sdcard and you should see the system.img file and the bbx file) do not select anything, go back to adb and continue(it is not a big deal if those files don't show. we just needed the extsdcard mounted as sdcard - the files exist, just continue to the next step)
    Step 5g. cp /sdcard/bbx /sbin/bbx
    Step 5h. chmod 777 /sbin/bbx
    Step 5i. cd /sbin
    Step 5j. ./bbx --install /sbin
    Step 5k. umount -l /system
    Step 5l. /sbin/dd if=/sdcard/Verizon_System.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/system
    Note. you will see a blinking cursor. just be patient

Step 7. when it is done you will see something similar to this
    11161600+0 records in
    11161600+0 records out
    5714739200 bytes (5.3GB) copied, 268.668086 seconds, 20.3MB/s

Step 8. if all went well you should be at your prompt and not in adb anymore

Step 9. from your command prompt simply type
    Step 9a. adb reboot bootloader

Step 10. open odin and click the bl button and select this file - BL_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    Step 10b. now click the cp button and select this file - CP_N930VVRS1APH1_CL8720001_QB10528330_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    Step 10c. now click start. it will reboot when done let it fully boot this time.

Step 11. once booted and you have setup your phone, first we need to enable usb debugging
    Step 11a. to do this go to settings>about device or device information and tap the build number repeatedly until it says dev options enabled, now backout of about and go into dev options and enable usb debugging
    Step 11b. Now we need to add the root files or supersu as most of you know it

Note! pertaining to Step 12. these instructions were taken Explicitly from @freeza thread which is listed in step 3
    Step 12. Now we need to add supersu and the needed files for it to work
    Step 12a. download this file - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236679
    Step 12b. Extract the sun7 file to your adb folder making sure the files are in a folder called sun7(mine looks like this - c:/adb/sun7 and contains 4 files)
    Step 12c. Open a command prompt where your ADB executable and sun7 folder are.
    Step 12d. adb shell
    Step 12e. su - Note! if your adb prompot changes from a $ to #(you are good and have root access)
    Step 12f. type exit twice to get back to the command prompt. - Your Phone should be fully booted when you do this
    Step 12g. adb push sun7 /data/local/tmp/su
    Step 12h. adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/su/*
    Step 12i. adb shell
    Step 12j. cd data/local/tmp/su
    Step 12k. su
    Step 12l. ./root.sh - Note. this command begins with a . do not leave it out
    Step 12m. Your Phone will now reboot

Step 13. when booted back up go to playstore and install busybox on rails or a similar app and install busybox to /system/xbin(if your given an option of where to install it)

Step 14. Thats Pretty Much it. most of all enjoy it

Additional Notes!

If for any reason you do a factory reset. you will break root and need to redo this method to get it back
    If you use shealth do not update it or allow playstore or galaxy appstore to auto update it or it will break it

Enjoy and FOLLOW Directions - if you don't things will not work right.

thank you to the following:

@freeza - for posting the original userdebug file
    @ted77usa - for testing
    @bajasur - for the initial idea which ultimately led to this
    @Surge1223 - for the busybox installer and the adb help and android commands that make this work
    @galaxyuser88 - for testing this and pointing out some flaws
    @Hashcode - for inspiration

and anyone i missed

this was a complete collaboration and is only available because of those mentioned so be sure to give them thanks

ScreenShots:

kwEi7K.jpgoiW7mz.jpgR9uxdB.jpgshw1Jp.jpg
    screenshots provided by @ohblindone
    This Method Completely replaces the Sprint files with verizons. with exception to the kernel, recovery and the su binary. so everything once complete is now verizon and not sprint with verizon touchs thrown in to make it work.

as we don't have an unlocked bootloader, there is no twrp recovery. but flashfire takes it place. so any changes you want to make are basically done the same way as they would be for twrp except they are now flashed through flashfire.

to get rid of the security notice you will get(because the system is now rooted) simply install root explorer(or any root browser) and go to /system/app and delete securitylogagent or go into the folder and rename it adding .bkp to the end of the file name and reboot.

If you don't see the Verizon_System.img and bbx files after doing the apply update from sdcard on your phone. try this as it has worked for some on t-mobile
    create 3 folders on your sdcard
    create "files" inside of that, create one called "image" and then inside of that crate one called "file" so on your sdcard you would have /files/image/file and place the 2 files into it, you have to do this with the phone in recovery so just pop out your sim tray. plug the sdcard into your pc and create the folders and move the files into it, then force your phone into recovery(basically reboot your phone and instantly go into recovery) and start step 5 again. hopefully the files now appear and you can continue
    now when you get to step 5g step 5l, you will need to modify them to reflect the new path to the files so it would now look like this
    step 5g. cp /sdcard/files/image/file/bbx /sbin/bbx
    step 5l. /sbin/dd if=/sdcard/files/image/file/Verizon_System.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/system
    and continue on with the guide
    Here's a video Tutorial done by @TechBSwift to help if you have any questions on how this works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-tuA_EIxA
    The 2 system update packages are the essentials. Xposed is as easy as flashing the right file in flashfire, links in OP.

Everything else works normally per previous questions. No Samsung pay, no updating S-Health.

OCD Tip: If you revert to stock S-Health, and don't want to be nagged by Play Store updates, you could use a tool like Titanium Backup Pro, select the app and "Detach from Market".

This allows your device to keep running the older version without the Play Store knowing it's installed. Also prevents accidental updates.
    I just got my replacement note 7 today. Im gonna read,read and then re-read the steps to complete root on my replacement/non-fire prone note 7.

Verizon Cloud is an app in Play Store. I have always backed up and restored between rooted and non-rooted devices in the past with no issues. Unless big red has changed something in the last few days it should with just fine.

~SG

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I'm a stickler for following instructions. more so when the first step is to read,read, then read again. I just want to make sure I have this right and dont assume prematurely. Step 2 says to extract system.rar and bbx.rar then copy system.img to my SD card. I dont see a system.rar in the OP, however I did download Verizon_System.rar which has Verizon_System.img inside it. I Presume this is the same file with the Verion_ part added?

~SG

Bro I just posted a YouTube video which explains everything step by step, that should answer all your questions.

For the rest, I've rooted and installed the T-Mobile modifications zip using flash fire, I'm happy to say almost everything works and my phone is awesome now!!!