• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROOT][COOLPAD DAZEN 1] Extracting boot.img and recovery.img

arulkumareee

Nov 22, 2015
sathyamangalam
Last edited:

ArjunrambZ

Jul 28, 2013
some where in INDIA
Hi frdz this link on coolpad dazen 1 ygdp cpb file link. And ygdp tools used to download a stock rom
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pLMi43lL19eTd0UWJpVGMwUnc/view

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Coolpad dazen 1 cpb file to all ready post it so ygdp tool used to download stock rom
nice ,now we have the stock rom,
wtf 1.8gb? heck thats too large, by using ygdp we can get metainf from that cpb file

Sent from my Coolpad 8297L-I00 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Frank782

Nov 5, 2012
Lucknow
And Btw I also got error while restoring nandroid backup
it restored system cache boot aboot but failed to restore data partition
anyone else tried to do restore?

I had restore the remaining apps via titanium backup

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Okay guys just now I tried again to restore via twrp but this time ticked only the data partion and it worked

vishwasnp

May 31, 2012
Friends the YGDP tool is a confirmed method to recover from a soft brick. I fixed my phone just now. Strongly recommend this

OH. And please install latest version of YGDP to flash back your phone

Reactions: Prem2628

Prem2628

Jan 8, 2016
Friends the YGDP tool is a confirmed method to recover from a soft brick. I fixed my phone just now. Strongly recommend this

OH. And please install latest version of YGDP to flash back your phone
Can you tell me how to enable soft keys on my screen there is a problem with my back button

Frank782

Nov 5, 2012
Lucknow
ArjunrambZ bro
afaik mmcblc029 mmcblc025 belongs to data and sector
Btw the rom that I was trying to flash belongs to f1 plus I have also uploaded the updater script for that rom. you can check it and if there's is anything wrong then Please correct it.

and Prem2628 bro this is not the same error because yours didn't even begin to flash while in my situation error occurred in the middle of flashing
somethings were flashed. and some were left and my device was softbricked

Attachments

Last edited:

ArjunrambZ

Jul 28, 2013
some where in INDIA
ArjunrambZ bro
afaik mmcblc029 mmcblc025 belongs to data and sector
Btw the rom that I was trying to flash belongs to f1 plus I have also uploaded the updater script for that rom. you can check it and if there's is anything wrong then Please correct it.

and Prem2628 bro this is not the same error because yours didn't even begin to flash while in my situation error occurred in the middle of flashing
somethings were flashed. and some were left and my device was softbricked
updater script seems to be good for a take ,cant be sure of symlinking, which rom did u try for porting,i heard that for stock miui roms in twrp recovery this error happens,, and u just have to wait and the installing finishes, i dont know details about it, well for a workaround you can see manually format and mount the system partitions instead of using it in updater Script and check whether the port rom is working

Sent from my Coolpad 8297L-I00 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vishwasnp

May 31, 2012
Maybe you need to port to KitKat roms , I heard lollipop roms need change in kernel and all. Not easy i suppose

Last edited:

Frank782

Nov 5, 2012
Lucknow
Maybe you need to port to KitKat roms , I heard lollipop roms need change in kernel and all. Not easy i suppose
Well, Bro that's not the issue here. Because I think recovery is supposed to flash anything (even incompatible roms, kernel...), if it's supplied with proper updater_script and binary. Which in the present case is not happening. The twrp should successfully flash the rom that I am trying even if if it's incompatible with dazen1.

Btw anyone tried flashing aroma file manager because I am also facing error while flashing aroma-1.9.1.zip

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone