Question Root&Custom ROM's for Google Pixel 6!

Search This thread

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
Hopefully some developers will get these phones in their hands and start working on new ROMs, that's mainly what I'm waiting for to really start enjoying my P6 as well. A big one for me is to de-google the phone and go Lineage/Calyx/Graphene OS.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
The question is, why would you want a bloated rom with this great un-bloated device?
Pixels now days come with the best software available.
If you want to customize and root, use Magisk and custom themes.
If by un-bloated you mean lacking any useful options then sure. But personally I want more options, like the ability to assign custom actions to navbar buttons, to hide the statusbar clock without leaving a huge empty space behind, to have PROPER accent colors I can define via HEX code and many many more.
On the other hand an UNbloated device shouldn't come with Gmail, Youtube Music, Google TV, Tags or any other crap preinstalled either, most of which I can't uninstall but only disable.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
The question is, why would you want a bloated rom with this great un-bloated device?

"great un-bloated device"? Maybe as compared to adding even more bloat from the vendor and carrier, but these are VERY VERY far from bloated. They're disgustingly bloated. More g-spyware than anything I've ever seen.

So why would you want an **UN**-bloated build of AOSP? To get rid of the steaming truckload of dogsh**.

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
"great un-bloated device"? Maybe as compared to adding even more bloat from the vendor and carrier, but these are VERY VERY far from bloated. They're disgustingly bloated. More g-spyware than anything I've ever seen.

So why would you want an **UN**-bloated build of AOSP? To get rid of the steaming truckload of dogsh**.
You can uninstall or freeze any app you want to. Easy peazy.

I just like having a clean OS with a few minor mods. Oh!, custom kernels are also helpful.

I guess you can call it OCD, after cleaning up people's PCs from all the crap that they installed with no clue on what it really does.

Some people just like installing crap on there phone for what...
Than they go from thread to thread to cry and ask for help because their device has problems.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
You can uninstall or freeze any app you want to. Easy peazy.

I just like having a clean OS with a few minor mods. Oh!, custom kernels are also helpful.

I guess you can call it OCD, after cleaning up people's PCs from all the crap that they installed with no clue on what it really does.

Some people just like installing crap on there phone for what...
Than they go from thread to thread to cry and ask for help because their device has problems.

No, you actually can't. Go ahead and try to disable play services and see where that gets you.

Reactions: vandyman

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
No, you actually can't. Go ahead and try to disable play services and see where that gets you.
Google play is whole, different topic in its own.
Some people need it for different reasons than others.

Just like some people need Facebook Twitter, etc. For there life to continue on.
I do not need that kind of bloat ware in my life.

Reactions: hidroela

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
I've been using Android devices without Google Play Services by following this excellent guide on all my devices. I'm waiting for my Pixel 6 and will have a go. Not sure if it will work on Android 12, but will have go. In any case I'll be using Xprivacy Lua & AFwall+ for additional privacy.

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
OnePlus 9
downloadfile.png

If you follow the aosp build guide you can build aosp pure for pixel 6 ...
Im currently trying to build a custom recovery for pixel 6 before i release pure aosp or any other aosp build.
If your wonder why the kernel says september its because i was using it for magisk root.

ne0ns4l4m4nder

Oct 21, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
View attachment 5451057
Im currently trying to build a custom recovery for pixel 6 before i release pure aosp or any other aosp build.
If your wonder why the kernel says september its because i was using it for magisk root.
Yes please keep us updated

Reactions: Anonymous-Ciphers

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
OnePlus 9
With the latest update to the 37 firmware i currently have not been able to get a booting build working without gapps or gapps .
I get a build that boots but it reboots at random for both builds i am currently working to fix the issue and once i do i will be releasing both.

kaylabanola

Nov 26, 2021
Just got my Pixel 6 today, can't wait for GrapheneOS been using it on my Pixel 4a forever. Looks like Pixel 6 support is underway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diablo2424

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
OnePlus 9
gapps version is finally booting and i know why this error is there i need to swap from the current gapps im using to another one but i am closer to non bootlooping builds now since i fixed my issue in my source . i will have a non gapps version coming out sooner for those that dont want to use gapps it will not have spoofing at first i will add that later on.
photo_2021-11-29_23-52-50.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If by un-bloated you mean lacking any useful options then sure. But personally I want more options, like the ability to assign custom actions to navbar buttons, to hide the statusbar clock without leaving a huge empty space behind, to have PROPER accent colors I can define via HEX code and many many more.
    On the other hand an UNbloated device shouldn't come with Gmail, Youtube Music, Google TV, Tags or any other crap preinstalled either, most of which I can't uninstall but only disable.
    downloadfile.png

I can't wait to see what devs unlock with new kernels 🤤
    Proton AOSP early release
    Screenshot_20211128-150259.png
    Screenshot_20211128-150404.png
    Please post your successsfull root, (Magisk) & Any successfull custom recoveries and or custom ROM's fully running on Google pixel 6 devices. Leggo developers! 💯🔥