• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Root&Custom ROM's for Google Pixel 6!

Search This thread

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Aha I can explain why I can't see it!

* Shows Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro

* Doesn't show the 6's. Only 5a and older

kaylabanola

Nov 26, 2021
I've been getting updates everyday since I installed GrapheneOS last Sat! Mon update fix the sim-card, I'm on Verizon still experimental though not everthing works like location: Ring, Waze etc.

Reactions: Diablo2424

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
One of the core principles of GrapheneOS is security hardening. The idea of allowing user applications to be granted root access is contradictory to that principle in a pretty severe way.
Gotcha, that makes sense now that I think about it, instead of just, "I nEed RoOT" lol. Thank you for the clarification

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't wait til more custom roms for this device....
    I installed GrapheneOS on a Pixel 6. I'm making the transition slowly, trying to figure out what apps I need, etc.

I'm leaning towards all web based and few, if any loaded apps. I wanted to know if apps loaded outside of G Play can still track or capture data or does Graphene stop this?

These days with bigger screen sizes I have utilised Favourites or Bookmarks and used the web versions instead off apps. I've even moved away from RSS readers as clicking the links there are tracking too. If you install apps from Aurora it shows tracker detail or you can manually look up tracker info online. Less apps the better imo.
    The question is, why would you want a bloated rom with this great un-bloated device?
    Pixels now days come with the best software available.
    If you want to customize and root, use Magisk and custom themes.
    If by un-bloated you mean lacking any useful options then sure. But personally I want more options, like the ability to assign custom actions to navbar buttons, to hide the statusbar clock without leaving a huge empty space behind, to have PROPER accent colors I can define via HEX code and many many more.
    On the other hand an UNbloated device shouldn't come with Gmail, Youtube Music, Google TV, Tags or any other crap preinstalled either, most of which I can't uninstall but only disable.
    downloadfile.png

If you follow the aosp build guide you can build aosp pure for pixel 6 ...
    Im currently trying to build a custom recovery for pixel 6 before i release pure aosp or any other aosp build.
    If your wonder why the kernel says september its because i was using it for magisk root.
    I can't wait to see what devs unlock with new kernels 🤤
    Proton AOSP early release
    Screenshot_20211128-150259.png
    Screenshot_20211128-150404.png
    Please post your successsfull root, (Magisk) & Any successfull custom recoveries and or custom ROM's fully running on Google pixel 6 devices. Leggo developers! 💯🔥