[ROOT/CWM/KitKat MOD] Allwinner A31 Series - Dyno 7.22 / Bmorn M2 (1024)

Search This thread

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
This is a small thread regarding the Allwinner A31 based Dyno 7.22 / Bmorn M2

This tablet is based upon the Allwinner A31 Series SoC used in the Onda V971 Quad-Core, with a 7'' HD IPS screen @ 1024x600 resolution and running Android 4.2.2

To Root and install CWM on this device go to this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2143581 (Credits to XDA Member hariprasadiit for making the thread)

After the device is rooted and CWM installed, follow these instructions:

1 - Download the file "KitKat Mod Recovery File.zip" from this link --> =http://www.4shared.com/zip/jyHpnYNBba/KitKat_Mod_Recovery_File.html

2 - Reboot into CWM and make a backup to your external SD Card

3 - Boot into the Rom normally and perform a Factory Reset from within settings --> backup and restore and select "erase sdcard" to make sure you avoid any conflicts.

4 - Unzip the file you downloaded and put the folder "2014-02-14.16.45.38" into clockworkmod/backup on your external SD Card

5 - Reboot into CWM again, go to backup and restore, and select "restore from external sdcard", select the "2014-02-14.16.45.38" backup

6 - Reboot the device.

I have not managed to make a proper Rom zip file because of the missing META-INF file, so i made it a CWM recovery.
This is NOT a Custom ROM, it's a modified STOCK Rom.

The Android 4.4 MOD includes:

-->Almost all Android 4.4 system apps, including the Google Experience Launcher
-->Android 4.4 Font Pack
-->Modified Dalvik-Cache values for better RAM availability and modified Wi-Fi Scan Interval for better battery performance

Some Android 4.4 Apps were excluded on purpose due to some incompatibility and fc's. These apps are:

--> Google Keyboard
--> Google Photosphere Camera
--> Google Gallery
--> Google DeskClock

IMPORTANT

If for some reason your device enters in a bootloop, just connect it to your USB port on the pc while bootlooping, start the Phoenix Suit program (wait for it to recognize the device), and reboot it to recovery from the program's menu. Your device will boot into CWM and there you can restore your previous backup

This backup is in Portuguese, so to change the language, go to Settings ("Definições"), then to Language and Input ("Idioma e Entrada") and in the first option, change to your desired language.

Enjoy, and Cheers to all!

Last edited:

larrisa12002

Dec 21, 2009
What version of CWM recovery?

This tablet is based upon the Allwinner A31 Series SoC used in the Onda V971 Quad-Core, with a 7'' HD IPS screen @ 1024x600 resolution and running Android 4.2.2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2143581 (Credits to XDA Member hariprasadiit for making the thread)

1 - Download the file "KitKat Mod Recovery File.zip" from this link --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc2ltg8nt9lo40w/KitKat%20Mod%20Recovey%20File.zip

3 - Boot into the Rom normally and perform a Factory Reset from within settings --> backup and restore and select "erase sdcard" to make sure you avoid any conflicts.

4 - Unzip the file you downloaded and put the folder "2014-02-14.16.45.38" into clockworkmod/backup on your external SD Card

5 - Reboot into CWM again, go to backup and restore, and select "restore from external sdcard", select the "2014-02-14.16.45.38" backup

6 - Reboot the device.

I have not managed to make a proper Rom zip file because of the missing META-INF file, so i made it a CWM recovery.

-->Android 4.4 Font Pack
-->Modified Dalvik-Cache values for better RAM availability and modified Wi-Fi Scan Interval for better battery performance

Some Android 4.4 Apps were excluded on purpose due to some incompatibility and fc's. These apps are:

--> Google Keyboard
--> Google Gallery
--> Google DeskClock

IMPORTANT

If for some reason your device enters in a bootloop, just connect it to your USB port on the pc while bootlooping, start the Phoenix Suit program (wait for it to recognize the device), and reboot it to recovery from the program's menu. Your device will boot into CWM and there you can restore your previous backup

This backup is in Portuguese, so to change the language, go to Settings ("Definições"), then to Language and Input ("Idioma e Entrada") and in the first option, change to your desired language.

Just to be sure, does the CWM recovery version matter for installing kitkat? I have v6.0.2.7. Is there any updated version of CWM recovery that is A31s specific? Thanks.

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
So far that's the only version available for this platform, and the only recovery as far as i know.

The CWM Recovery File i provide, as stated in the OP, is not Android 4.4, it's a modded Stock Rom with the 4.4 app and font pack and some tweaks.
Just follow instructions and you'll be fine :)

Sent from my LG-E440 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1 - Download the file "KitKat Mod Recovery File.zip" from this link --> =http://www.4shared.com/zip/jyHpnYNBba/KitKat_Mod_Recovery_File.html

6 - Reboot the device.

-->Android 4.4 Font Pack

--> Google Keyboard
    --> Google Gallery
    --> Google DeskClock

IMPORTANT