[ROOT][CWM RECOVERY] Onda V971 Quad-core | V972 | Allwinner A31

Search This thread

rajlesta

Oct 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i made it thru the recovery
i made backup just in case, but then during reboot, it got stuck in onda (bootloop) ahaha oh man
restore helps but then i see some errors with data cache (UIDs) at locksreen window...what the hell with this tablet..

do i need to clear cache partition, factory reset, before restoring?

Last edited:

implode99

Feb 17, 2008
Did you still have the tablet connected to your computer? If so you will get this error

How doI get the shell commands in then ? I thought I needed to run the shell tool on my pc to issue the busybox commands. How can this work if its not connected ? Or do I run a shell utility on the tablet it self ? Does bsybox have a built in shell ?

Any help will be appreciated .

See here is the instruction on main page "3.Connect your device to the computer (enable "USB debugging" option in Developer Options), open terminal or command prompt and enter below commands."

So I have to have unit plugged in

-Jason

Last edited:

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
You can do this without having it connected to the computer. Make sure that u have root first and then make sure that you have a terminal emulator installed as well. Once u have the files copied to the root of the internal sd, open the terminal and type su and press enter. After that continue to type the last two command lines one at a time and ur done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

natkingcole

Jun 3, 2012
Just to let you know since flashing new ROM means you have to format internal SD including CWM Backup.
You can mount the ext SD inside CWM. Then you can go to backup and backup to external SD.

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
Was anyone else get an error when trying to install rom from external sdcard? I got, keep geting "error ext_sd can't mount"
Do you have a 32 GB version of Onda V972.
I read about it is a problems with this CWM on 32 GB Onda V972, maybe it`s because of different filesystem table of 16 and 32 GB version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!

Here is the ROOT and CWM Recovery for Onda v971 Allwinner A31 and Onda v972.

CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk

Back up your data before you start doing anything

Links :

ROOT : ROOT Allwinner A31

CWM RECOVERY : CWM Recovery Onda v971 and V972

INSTRUCTIONS :

ROOT :

1.Download the root zip and put it on SD card.
    2.Open Update app, select Local update option.
    3.Now select "ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.zip" from the file list then update.

Update app checks the zip and flashes using stock recovery. After its done, device will automatically reboots.
    This ROOT zip removes all most all Chinese apps and installs NOVA Launcher. If you don't want NOVA launcher you can delete is using
    ES File explorer.
    This Root zip works for all Allwinner A31 tablets which has update app.

RECOVERY : (ROOT required)

1.Download the recovery zip and extract it to some folder on your computer.
    2.Copy all three files , extracted from the zip, to the SD card.
    3.Connect your device to the computer (enable "USB debugging" option in Developer Options), open terminal or command prompt and enter below commands.

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh

Above command installs CWM recovery.To reboot into recovery run below command

Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh

NOTE : Pressing power button for about 30 secs to 1 min while holding home button boots device into recovery.

For Geeks :

to flash the recovery, run from adb shell
    Code:
    cat '/sdcard/path to recovery img' > /dev/block/nandg
    to reboot into recovery
    Code:
    echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync;sync;reboot
    Now your device boots into CWM recovery.
    NOTE : Use home button to navigate and power button to select, as touch controls are not working.

If some thing goes wrong, you have to flash stock firmware using Phoenix suit.while upgrading you have to select "yes" to format the device to get it working again.

CREDITS :

Thanks to CyanogenMod for their great work
    Thanks to Koushik dutta for his great CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery
    Thanks to http://www.htcmania.com/member.php?u=463595 for root zip
    Thanks to everybody who helped me to understand and write this post and to port the CWM .
    @Hariprasaditt,

How much dev experience do you carry under you belt? There has been a few people here working hard trying to come up with something, yourself of course, and Arctablet. I've seen some others on androidtablet already coding somethings, but its for the Novo 9. I know the drivers for the screen is going to be different. They are almost finished with it already. Do you think any of their work would assist with us here? Also, I still haven't heard anything from Cyanogenmod, on my request. Thanks to everyone that supported it by the way :).

I'm working on porting CM10 now.i'll get help from them in this process. I've already tried Novo 9 and you are right, the drivers are different and also some modules.
    1. Do we need Busybox on our devices?
    2. Do we need to type the commands into a terminal app from the play store or on cmd of windows? (maybe a dumb question, because it looks Linux/Ubuntu-Like)

Thank you, a huge step forward!
    I'm on V812

Busybox is already installed on our devices.but its old version.so you can update it with busybox from market.

if you use terminal app, you dont need to type first command.i.e "adb shell" .In command prompt in windows , you have to type adb shell to enter into android shell.
    Does anyone tried to use on v812 also? really thanks.
    As I posted before, yes it works in v812.
    I've done a backup and restore without problems. So the other options should work too.

Now we need only custom ROM to flash.
    Gamepad support and external bt would be fine.
    1. Do we need Busybox on our devices?
    2. Do we need to type the commands into a terminal app from the play store or on cmd of windows? (maybe a dumb question, because it looks Linux/Ubuntu-Like)

Thank you, a huge step forward!
    I'm on V812
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone