[ROOT][CWM RECOVERY] Onda V971 Quad-core | V972 | Allwinner A31

Search This thread

hariprasadiit

Jan 13, 2011
Bangalore
Hello everybody!

Here is the ROOT and CWM Recovery for Onda v971 Allwinner A31 and Onda v972.

CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk

Back up your data before you start doing anything

Links :

ROOT : ROOT Allwinner A31

CWM RECOVERY : CWM Recovery Onda v971 and V972

INSTRUCTIONS :

ROOT :

1.Download the root zip and put it on SD card.
2.Open Update app, select Local update option.
3.Now select "ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.zip" from the file list then update.

Update app checks the zip and flashes using stock recovery. After its done, device will automatically reboots.
This ROOT zip removes all most all Chinese apps and installs NOVA Launcher. If you don't want NOVA launcher you can delete is using
ES File explorer.
This Root zip works for all Allwinner A31 tablets which has update app.

RECOVERY : (ROOT required)

1.Download the recovery zip and extract it to some folder on your computer.
2.Copy all three files , extracted from the zip, to the SD card.
3.Connect your device to the computer (enable "USB debugging" option in Developer Options), open terminal or command prompt and enter below commands.

Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh

Above command installs CWM recovery.To reboot into recovery run below command

Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh

NOTE : Pressing power button for about 30 secs to 1 min while holding home button boots device into recovery.

For Geeks :

to flash the recovery, run from adb shell
Code:
cat '/sdcard/path to recovery img' > /dev/block/nandg
to reboot into recovery
Code:
echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync;sync;reboot
Now your device boots into CWM recovery.
NOTE : Use home button to navigate and power button to select, as touch controls are not working.

If some thing goes wrong, you have to flash stock firmware using Phoenix suit.while upgrading you have to select "yes" to format the device to get it working again.

CREDITS :

Thanks to CyanogenMod for their great work
Thanks to Koushik dutta for his great CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery
Thanks to http://www.htcmania.com/member.php?u=463595 for root zip
Thanks to everybody who helped me to understand and write this post and to port the CWM .

Last edited:

natkingcole

Jun 3, 2012
1. Do we need Busybox on our devices?
2. Do we need to type the commands into a terminal app from the play store or on cmd of windows? (maybe a dumb question, because it looks Linux/Ubuntu-Like)

Thank you, a huge step forward!
I'm on V812

Last edited:
Reactions: Dvalin21

scorpio16v

Oct 3, 2006
www.youtube.com
Semms to work even on an Onda v812. :good:

I've used Script Manager to install and reboot in recovery. So It's only a few button press task.
After install, you can use the regulare button press combination to boot in CWM while booting.

Last edited:

hariprasadiit

Jan 13, 2011
Bangalore
2. Do we need to type the commands into a terminal app from the play store or on cmd of windows? (maybe a dumb question, because it looks Linux/Ubuntu-Like)

I'm on V812

Busybox is already installed on our devices.but its old version.so you can update it with busybox from market.

if you use terminal app, you dont need to type first command.i.e "adb shell" .In command prompt in windows , you have to type adb shell to enter into android shell.

Last edited:

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
@Hariprasaditt,

How much dev experience do you carry under you belt? There has been a few people here working hard trying to come up with something, yourself of course, and Arctablet. I've seen some others on androidtablet already coding somethings, but its for the Novo 9. I know the drivers for the screen is going to be different. They are almost finished with it already. Do you think any of their work would assist with us here? Also, I still haven't heard anything from Cyanogenmod, on my request. Thanks to everyone that supported it by the way :).

Reactions: rajlesta

hariprasadiit

Jan 13, 2011
Bangalore
@Hariprasaditt,

How much dev experience do you carry under you belt? There has been a few people here working hard trying to come up with something, yourself of course, and Arctablet. I've seen some others on androidtablet already coding somethings, but its for the Novo 9. I know the drivers for the screen is going to be different. They are almost finished with it already. Do you think any of their work would assist with us here? Also, I still haven't heard anything from Cyanogenmod, on my request. Thanks to everyone that supported it by the way :).

I'm working on porting CM10 now.i'll get help from them in this process. I've already tried Novo 9 and you are right, the drivers are different and also some modules.

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
I'm working on porting CM10 now.i'll get help from them in this process. I've already tried Novo 9 and you are right, the drivers are different and also some modules.

If I can make a suggestion, Christian Troy here at XDA has some experience with some of the Allwinner CPUs. He ported CM over to multiple chinese branded tablet. Maybe he can added to the knowledge base.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1821398&highlight=onda

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Has everyone seen this link? First for me, feel a little late on info :(

http://www.allwinnertech.com/en/product/A31.html

Reactions: Ripolin2

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
@hariprasadiit

Do you think you will be able to reenable the full 1080 HD Recording for the back camera?
Also, has anyone seen any improvement to mic quality or may figured out a quick fix to increase mic quality?

@msav,

You opened your tab before correct? If so I was wondering if you would do it gain, I need to get some good detailed pics of the battery connector. I want to take the specs to a custom battery maker near my house and see how much it would cost to create a 10k mAh battery for the tablet.

Reactions: rajlesta

piam

Jul 22, 2010

Thanks for your hard work!

Not to be rude, why only cm10, wouldn't it be better to go straight to cm10.1 rather than having to update again in future?

Last edited:

Darkrickpr

Nov 14, 2009
hello i have unpack the cwm for onda v972 to get keys change cuz my tablet NEXTWAY F9X does not have Volume keys just an ESC and power button

i have use keytest.apk

Keycode:4
KeyEvent:KeyEvent{action=ACTION_DOWN,
KeyCode=KEYCODE_BACK,scanCode=158,
metaState=0,flags=0x8,repeatCount=0,
eventTime=17948240,downTime=17948240,deviceId=0,
source=0x101}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody!

Here is the ROOT and CWM Recovery for Onda v971 Allwinner A31 and Onda v972.

CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk

Back up your data before you start doing anything

Links :

ROOT : ROOT Allwinner A31

CWM RECOVERY : CWM Recovery Onda v971 and V972

INSTRUCTIONS :

ROOT :

1.Download the root zip and put it on SD card.
    2.Open Update app, select Local update option.
    3.Now select "ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.zip" from the file list then update.

Update app checks the zip and flashes using stock recovery. After its done, device will automatically reboots.
    This ROOT zip removes all most all Chinese apps and installs NOVA Launcher. If you don't want NOVA launcher you can delete is using
    ES File explorer.
    This Root zip works for all Allwinner A31 tablets which has update app.

RECOVERY : (ROOT required)

1.Download the recovery zip and extract it to some folder on your computer.
    2.Copy all three files , extracted from the zip, to the SD card.
    3.Connect your device to the computer (enable "USB debugging" option in Developer Options), open terminal or command prompt and enter below commands.

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh

Above command installs CWM recovery.To reboot into recovery run below command

Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh

NOTE : Pressing power button for about 30 secs to 1 min while holding home button boots device into recovery.

For Geeks :

to flash the recovery, run from adb shell
    Code:
    cat '/sdcard/path to recovery img' > /dev/block/nandg
    to reboot into recovery
    Code:
    echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync;sync;reboot
    Now your device boots into CWM recovery.
    NOTE : Use home button to navigate and power button to select, as touch controls are not working.

If some thing goes wrong, you have to flash stock firmware using Phoenix suit.while upgrading you have to select "yes" to format the device to get it working again.

CREDITS :

Thanks to CyanogenMod for their great work
    Thanks to Koushik dutta for his great CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery
    Thanks to http://www.htcmania.com/member.php?u=463595 for root zip
    Thanks to everybody who helped me to understand and write this post and to port the CWM .
    @Hariprasaditt,

I'm on V812

Busybox is already installed on our devices.but its old version.so you can update it with busybox from market.

if you use terminal app, you dont need to type first command.i.e "adb shell" .In command prompt in windows , you have to type adb shell to enter into android shell.
    Does anyone tried to use on v812 also? really thanks.
    As I posted before, yes it works in v812.
    I've done a backup and restore without problems. So the other options should work too.

Now we need only custom ROM to flash.
    Gamepad support and external bt would be fine.

I'm on V812