- Download and install the required drivers From Acer or from my Google Drive mirror
(plug your phone in your pc and windows will ask for drivers. then install the drivers you've just downloaded)
- Reboot your PC
- Download and Extract required rooting files
- Connect your phone to your pc with the provided USB cable.
- Run the "Runme.bat" , choose normal mode and follow the instructions.
- [Note] You won't lose any data when you click the restore option on your phone, during the root process
- Your device will reboot, and after the reboot the acer will be fully rooted
- Download this CWM-pack
- Unzip the zip file (I recommend unzipping it to your desktop)
- Connect your Gallant Duo to your PC via USB cable
- Pull out the battery
- Windows will ask for drivers and select the proper drivers (depending on your windows version) in the CWM-pack
- Make sure you installed the drivers properly.
- Launch flashtool.exe in the Flashtool folder
- You will see the first line of the program Flash Tools "Download Agent" automatically compiled.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your phone and keep it without a battery.
- Click on Scatter-loading and then select the text file in the Scatter folder.
- Now click on recovery, navigate to the images folder and select cwm184.108.40.206.lucky76_1.img
- You're ready to flash the CWM recovery! yay! :victory:
- FIRST, hit the download button. THEN connect your device (still without a battery!)
- Now wait untill it says "ok" and you see a green circle.
- Now you can put in the battery and disconnect your device.
- To boot in the recovery, hold the volume up button and the power button until you see the acer logo.
Just A Simple Tweaked Stock Rom
Install through CWM recovery
any tips for other tweaks?
- based on 1.000.18FR Duo Sim Rom
- Pre-installed Google now
- init.d support
- Pre-installed busybox
- cleaned up system partition
- Insecure kernel
- Beats audio
- Sony Xloud engine
- Sony Bravia Engine
- Kick ass kernelizer included (see note2)
- V6supercharger (see note2)
- Darky zipalign included
- loopy smoothness tweak included
- Pimp my rom included
- Blocked Ads
suggestions are more than welcome
Just install Smanager from the market.
Click browse as root.
Give it superuser permissions.
Navigate to /system/scripts/
There you will find the V6 supercharger and the KickassKernelizer
Services.jar is already patched, so you just need to configure it like you want to.