[ROOT] [CWM] [ROM] Acer Liquid Gallant

Search This thread

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
Credits

Note
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

ROOT
  1. Download and install the required drivers From Acer or from my Google Drive mirror
    (plug your phone in your pc and windows will ask for drivers. then install the drivers you've just downloaded)
  2. Reboot your PC
  3. Download and Extract required rooting files
  4. Connect your phone to your pc with the provided USB cable.
  5. Run the "Runme.bat" , choose normal mode and follow the instructions.
  6. [Note] You won't lose any data when you click the restore option on your phone, during the root process
  7. Your device will reboot, and after the reboot the acer will be fully rooted :D

CWM
  1. Download this CWM-pack
  2. Unzip the zip file (I recommend unzipping it to your desktop)
  3. Connect your Gallant Duo to your PC via USB cable
  4. Pull out the battery
  5. Windows will ask for drivers and select the proper drivers (depending on your windows version) in the CWM-pack
  6. Make sure you installed the drivers properly.
  7. Launch flashtool.exe in the Flashtool folder
  8. You will see the first line of the program Flash Tools "Download Agent" automatically compiled.
  9. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone and keep it without a battery.
  10. Click on Scatter-loading and then select the text file in the Scatter folder.
  11. Now click on recovery, navigate to the images folder and select cwm6.0.1.5.lucky76_1.img
  12. You're ready to flash the CWM recovery! yay! :victory:
  13. FIRST, hit the download button. THEN connect your device (still without a battery!)
  14. Now wait untill it says "ok" and you see a green circle.
  15. Now you can put in the battery and disconnect your device.
  16. To boot in the recovery, hold the volume up button and the power button until you see the acer logo.

SuperStock ROM

Just A Simple Tweaked Stock Rom
Download
Install through CWM recovery
Features:
  • based on 1.000.18FR Duo Sim Rom
  • Pre-installed Google now
  • Deodexed
  • init.d support
  • Pre-rooted
  • Pre-installed busybox
  • cleaned up system partition
  • Insecure kernel
  • Beats audio
  • Sony Xloud engine
  • Sony Bravia Engine
  • Kick ass kernelizer included (see note2)
  • V6supercharger (see note2)
  • Darky zipalign included
  • loopy smoothness tweak included
  • Pimp my rom included
  • Blocked Ads
any tips for other tweaks?
suggestions are more than welcome :)

Note2
Just install Smanager from the market.
Click browse as root.
Give it superuser permissions.
Navigate to /system/scripts/
There you will find the V6 supercharger and the KickassKernelizer
Services.jar is already patched, so you just need to configure it like you want to.

Last edited:

TheMrBlue

May 30, 2012
Awesome! How are you liking the Liquid? Is it good enough for daily use (browsing, using some basic apps, a little 3D gaming maybe)? Thanks!

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
I really Love the screen. 4.3 inch is just perfect (920x540 resolution). :) . And 1 GB Ram is enough for multitasking, for me atleast. Here a some screenshots of benchmarks i just made. With a lot of apps running in background. (550 MB Ram free) . This phone is really amazing (compared to a galaxy s plus) . The only thing you may not like, that it has no front-facing camera. But you may like the fact that it boots within 7 seconds :D.

I hope I answered your questions, and feel free to ask something you want to know.

Btw, I'm from Holland, and I bought this phone unlocked for €180,-

Sent from my E350 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348670245927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348670245927.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3,138
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348670278686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348670278686.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,039

TheMrBlue

May 30, 2012
I really Love the screen. 4.3 inch is just perfect (920x540 resolution). :) . And 1 GB Ram is enough for multitasking, for me atleast. Here a some screenshots of benchmarks i just made. With a lot of apps running in background. (550 MB Ram free) . This phone is really amazing (compared to a galaxy s plus) . The only thing you may not like, that it has no front-facing camera. But you may like the fact that it boots within 7 seconds :D.

I hope I answered your questions, and feel free to ask something you want to know.

Btw, I'm from Holland, and I bought this phone unlocked for €180,-

Are you seriously saying the (dual-core) Galaxy Nexus S is SLOWER than the (much cheaper single-core) E350? Damn makes me want the phone even more!
And yeah I noticed, I'm from Belgium and thinking of buying this phone (also carrier unlocked) for €199.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Are you seriously saying the (dual-core) Galaxy Nexus S is SLOWER than the (much cheaper single-core) E350? Damn makes me want the phone even more!
And yeah I noticed, I'm from Belgium and thinking of buying this phone (also carrier unlocked) for €199.

Never mind, I was thinking about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which is still a bit faster, but not a lot it seems.

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010

Nee ik bedoelde dat ie sneller is dan de Samsung galaxy s plus. (Gt900i) :p

No, i meant that it is faster than the Samsung galaxy s plus. (Gt900i) :p

albe.minimal

Oct 30, 2011
I will have this phone next week :good:

Thanks for the root e for the governor change, i will try when i have the phone...

WE NEED'S DEVELOPERS ON XDA ;)

I follow the MODACO forum...

2k4ever

Nov 11, 2010
i am thinking about getting a Gallant Duo so thanks for the info and the files, jaapstreepjan!
can you tell me how long the battery will last once you have set a proper governor (either conservative or on demand)
would be great, thanks!

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
i am thinking about getting a Gallant Duo so thanks for the info and the files, jaapstreepjan!
can you tell me how long the battery will last once you have set a proper governor (either conservative or on demand)
would be great, thanks!

I can reach 24hours, with intensive usage.
(but i do have the single sim version. So I can't tell you anything about the duo sim version)
I'm charging it every night when I'm asleep :)

dnlilas

Dec 27, 2010
@jaapstreepjan

1)
You recommend ROM Toolbox. I am interested with its capability of doing nandroid backup. But as far as I know, there is no custom recovery yet for the phone, so even with ROM Toolbox, there is no way to have nandroid backuping the whole system+user+recovery data. Could you confirm ?

The default Android recovery backups only user data, so it is not a really fail-safe for a rooted phone (for example, system application deleted by error).

2) During a phone call, by pressing menu button, there is possibility to record the call. Once recorded, I do not known where the recorded file is stored. My search inside /mnt/sdcard does not show anything. Do you know where this file is located?

Thank you.

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
@jaapstreepjan

1)
You recommend ROM Toolbox. I am interested with its capability of doing nandroid backup. But as far as I know, there is no custom recovery yet for the phone, so even with ROM Toolbox, there is no way to have nandroid backuping the whole system+user+recovery data. Could you confirm ?

The default Android recovery backups only user data, so it is not a really fail-safe for a rooted phone (for example, system application deleted by error).

2) During a phone call, by pressing menu button, there is possibility to record the call. Once recorded, I do not known where the recorded file is stored. My search inside /mnt/sdcard does not show anything. Do you know where this file is located?

Thank you.

1. The Rom manager in Rom toolbox doesn't work. I confirm that. I was working on a CWM recovery, but i don't have enough time and knowledge. So when I get time, I'm going to try to compile one.

2. I didn't even know there was a recording option while calling. will research that and inform you when i know more.
Thanks for the tip ^_^

Reactions: Abducted

v_andre

Aug 22, 2009
Hi! Thanks for the tutorial, it will most certainly will be very helpful to get all advantages from my android device..

However, I am facing a terrible problem that I don't know how to solve.. I cannot connect my acer to any computer! When I connect the usb cable, there's no messages popping up, it just charges the smartphone..

I have tried with 2 different cables and in 2 different computers, so any suggestions about how I should proceed? The mobile phone has less than a month and never fell down, so I think it's very unlikely that it is broken.. moreover, the first time I turned it on, when arrived, I was able to connect it to the computer as a "hard drive"..

Please help me rooting my phone, guys!;)

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
Hi! Thanks for the tutorial, it will most certainly will be very helpful to get all advantages from my android device..

However, I am facing a terrible problem that I don't know how to solve.. I cannot connect my acer to any computer! When I connect the usb cable, there's no messages popping up, it just charges the smartphone..

I have tried with 2 different cables and in 2 different computers, so any suggestions about how I should proceed? The mobile phone has less than a month and never fell down, so I think it's very unlikely that it is broken.. moreover, the first time I turned it on, when arrived, I was able to connect it to the computer as a "hard drive"..

Please help me rooting my phone, guys!;)

Go to device manager on your computer, uninstall all acer e350 related drivers. reboot your computer, connect your phone again, and then reinstall the drivers. that should work. Good luck! :good:

Master_T

May 11, 2011
Nice to see it's rooted. I was actually thinking on buying this phone, but one thing holds me back: do you think there will ever be a CM or MIUI rom for this device? I doubt because I imagine the custom dual-sim managment part of the phone software would be difficult to port... but maybe I'm wrong.

dnlilas

Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

Currently there is no custom recovery to perform nandroid backup. The default recovery backups/restores only
user data so it is not complete. In the meanwhile maybe 'dd' command could be used for manual backup the different
partitions. 'dd' could be invoked from a zip (script) inside the default recover.

But we need the mapping of different partitions.

From the Liquid Gallant 'ls -l command':
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
[email protected]_ro -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

Usually a custom recovery backups recovery, boot, system, data, cache (and /sdcard/.android_secure).
Question: How are they mapped with the Gallant partitions?
recovery <-> ?
boot <-> ?
system <-> android?
data <-> usrdata?
cache <-> cache?

And what is :
fat ? need to be backuped?
sec_ro ? need to be backuped?

Thank you for any idea or answer.

Reactions: Mr.Gamer

Abducted

Jun 26, 2005
Thanks for posting this! Worked great! :D So far i haven't been able to find a tool to undervolt the CPU did u manage to find one? Seems like all those CPU control apps dont play nice with the mt6575 CPU...

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
Nice to see it's rooted. I was actually thinking on buying this phone, but one thing holds me back: do you think there will ever be a CM or MIUI rom for this device? I doubt because I imagine the custom dual-sim managment part of the phone software would be difficult to port... but maybe I'm wrong.

If i have enough time, i will defenitely make a cwm and CM, but i have absolutely no experience, so i will have to learn it first.
the dual sim management part shouldn't be too hard to port. But now i'm going to install ubuntu etc, and trying to figure out how to compile CWMR

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
Hello,

Currently there is no custom recovery to perform nandroid backup. The default recovery backups/restores only
user data so it is not complete. In the meanwhile maybe 'dd' command could be used for manual backup the different
partitions. 'dd' could be invoked from a zip (script) inside the default recover.

But we need the mapping of different partitions.

From the Liquid Gallant 'ls -l command':
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
[email protected]_ro -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
[email protected] -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

Usually a custom recovery backups recovery, boot, system, data, cache (and /sdcard/.android_secure).
Question: How are they mapped with the Gallant partitions?
recovery <-> ?
boot <-> ?
system <-> android?
data <-> usrdata?
cache <-> cache?

And what is :
fat ? need to be backuped?
sec_ro ? need to be backuped?

Thank you for any idea or answer.

from what i know so far:
ebr1 = recovery
fat = sdcard (internal i think)
and sec_ro = android_secure or boot...
not sure.

will investigate further

jaapstreepjan

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks for posting this! Worked great! :D So far i haven't been able to find a tool to undervolt the CPU did u manage to find one? Seems like all those CPU control apps dont play nice with the mt6575 CPU...

for undervolting you need a custom kernel.
and undervolting requires a lot of testing,
so you must have patience :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credits

Note
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

ROOT
    1. Download and install the required drivers From Acer or from my Google Drive mirror
      (plug your phone in your pc and windows will ask for drivers. then install the drivers you've just downloaded)
    2. Reboot your PC
    3. Download and Extract required rooting files
    4. Connect your phone to your pc with the provided USB cable.
    5. Run the "Runme.bat" , choose normal mode and follow the instructions.
    6. [Note] You won't lose any data when you click the restore option on your phone, during the root process
    7. Your device will reboot, and after the reboot the acer will be fully rooted :D

CWM
    1. Download this CWM-pack
    2. Unzip the zip file (I recommend unzipping it to your desktop)
    3. Connect your Gallant Duo to your PC via USB cable
    4. Pull out the battery
    5. Windows will ask for drivers and select the proper drivers (depending on your windows version) in the CWM-pack
    6. Make sure you installed the drivers properly.
    7. Launch flashtool.exe in the Flashtool folder
    8. You will see the first line of the program Flash Tools "Download Agent" automatically compiled.
    9. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone and keep it without a battery.
    10. Click on Scatter-loading and then select the text file in the Scatter folder.
    11. Now click on recovery, navigate to the images folder and select cwm6.0.1.5.lucky76_1.img
    12. You're ready to flash the CWM recovery! yay! :victory:
    13. FIRST, hit the download button. THEN connect your device (still without a battery!)
    14. Now wait untill it says "ok" and you see a green circle.
    15. Now you can put in the battery and disconnect your device.
    16. To boot in the recovery, hold the volume up button and the power button until you see the acer logo.

SuperStock ROM

Just A Simple Tweaked Stock Rom
    Download
    Install through CWM recovery
    Features:
    • based on 1.000.18FR Duo Sim Rom
    • Pre-installed Google now
    • Deodexed
    • init.d support
    • Pre-rooted
    • Pre-installed busybox
    • cleaned up system partition
    • Insecure kernel
    • Beats audio
    • Sony Xloud engine
    • Sony Bravia Engine
    • Kick ass kernelizer included (see note2)
    • V6supercharger (see note2)
    • Darky zipalign included
    • loopy smoothness tweak included
    • Pimp my rom included
    • Blocked Ads
    any tips for other tweaks?
    suggestions are more than welcome :)

Note2
    Just install Smanager from the market.
    Click browse as root.
    Give it superuser permissions.
    Navigate to /system/scripts/
    There you will find the V6 supercharger and the KickassKernelizer
    Services.jar is already patched, so you just need to configure it like you want to.
    Hi all.

Thanks for the tutorial.

I must say i had some trouble rootng. The driver in the discription did not work for me on my Liquid Gallant. Found another ne that did work though. Now my quetion is this, will this ROM work for me? Since it is based on de Liquid Gallant DOU and my phone is not the duo one.

I am kinda scared it will brick jam or do whatever not funny stuff to my phone. So if any of you tried this on the NON duo gallant can you please let me know if this will work?

Thanks

Yes it will work, but make sure you have a nandroid backup (made with CWM recovery).
    @jaapstreepjan

1)

Thank you.

1. The Rom manager in Rom toolbox doesn't work. I confirm that. I was working on a CWM recovery, but i don't have enough time and knowledge. So when I get time, I'm going to try to compile one.

2. I didn't even know there was a recording option while calling. will research that and inform you when i know more.
    Thanks for the tip ^_^
    Thanks for the tip ^_^

Excellent news: the record file is created at /mnt/sdcard2/PhoneRecord directory.
    The file name is of type YYYY-MM-DD_hh.mm.ss-xxxxx.3gpp.
    I have exactly the same problem in windows 7 64.
    Can I skip the driver step safely?
    I've found a way to do it.
    It worked for me, of course
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    You need the ADB (the package by Bin4ry for root is enough) and a root file explorer. Copy the CWM recovery to the phone's /data/local folder and rename it to recovery.img (optional). I couldn't copy it with ADB Shell, that's way I needed a root file explorer.
    Then start the ADB server, dd the recovery.img to /dev/recovery (as written below), kill the ADB server, restart the phone and it's done.
    In Linux:
    Code:
    ./adb start-server
    ./adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery bs=6291456c count=1'"
    ./adb kill-server