Question Root disappeared after updating Havoc OS

Search This thread

Fushgy

May 20, 2022
Hey guys!
I currently use Havoc OS V4.16 on my One Plus 9 Pro (LE2123). After the update to this version I realized that my Root Access vanished. Is there an easy way to restore it without wiping off my data?

I'm very unexperienced in this topic so please be patient with me for I want to know more about this.

Best regards

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
when you upgrade a rom the boot.img gets replaced. magisk (root) is installed into the boot.img, thus why root access is lost.
to get root back simply flash the magisk zip via twrp again. you won't lose your data or anything.

Reactions: andacro

Fushgy

May 20, 2022
Thank you for your support. I installed TWRP and the next problem I am facing is that the touch screen is not responsive. I used the latest version of TWRP (3.6.1_11-0-lemonadep.img) but I'll need to get a USB adapter to connect my mouse to my smartphone in order to proceed.

Where do I find the Magisk .img that I need to flash with TWRP?

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
Download this:

After downloading this (on your phone), rename it as a .zip file instead of an .apk file. Now install/flash this zip using twrp.

Reactions: Fushgy

Fushgy

May 20, 2022
Download this:

After downloading this (on your phone), rename it as a .zip file instead of an .apk file. Now install/flash this zip using twrp.
Could not get TWRP running. I flashed the Magisk.zip file with adb sideload. Worked perfectly fine.

Regarding TWRP: Even with an OTG adapter the mouse did not react at all. Even the lights on the mouse did not turn on so I had to figure out another way (as usual). Anyway thank you so so much for your help!

Reactions: PhotonIce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when you upgrade a rom the boot.img gets replaced. magisk (root) is installed into the boot.img, thus why root access is lost.
    to get root back simply flash the magisk zip via twrp again. you won't lose your data or anything.
    Download this:

Download this:

Could not get TWRP running. I flashed the Magisk.zip file with adb sideload. Worked perfectly fine.

Regarding TWRP: Even with an OTG adapter the mouse did not react at all. Even the lights on the mouse did not turn on so I had to figure out another way (as usual). Anyway thank you so so much for your help!