Nov 11, 2016
Can i still get root on this build

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180213-041559.jpg
    Screenshot_20180213-041559.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 836

Growking99

Nov 11, 2016
Is it possible to downgrade the bootloader i saw some post about it but didnt reslly understand if i could or couldnt

partcyborg

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does anyone know if u can update to samfail v3 from samfail v1
Yes can. V3 is the exact same as v1 except there is newer firmware and if you are coming from v3 stock you have to go steps 2, 1, 2 instead of just 1, 2.

The question is why? You can run any system (part 1) you want with your current boot and bootloader (part 2). Why make things harder and essentially completely eliminate any chance of an unlock ever, no matter how remote they may be now?

me2151

Apr 12, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yes can. V3 is the exact same as v1 except there is newer firmware and if you are coming from v3 stock you have to go steps 2, 1, 2 instead of just 1, 2.

The question is why? You can run any system (part 1) you want with your current boot and bootloader (part 2). Why make things harder and essentially completely eliminate any chance of an unlock ever, no matter how remote they may be now?

Bugs occur when using mismatched systems btw.

christiebunny

Dec 25, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've been trying to decide between the OnePlus 5T, the Note 8, and the S9+(I'd prefer the Note 8 by far). I've been told the S9+ isn't rootable, but if I'm reading this right, the Note 8 IS? Much as I want S-OFF with whatever phone I get, I'll be plenty happy with just decent Magisk root, or at least SuperSU.

I can get the SM-950U1 off swappa, and that's apparently the unlocked version, I'm assuming that's the model i need to buy?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
I've been trying to decide between the OnePlus 5T, the Note 8, and the S9+(I'd prefer the Note 8 by far). I've been told the S9+ isn't rootable, but if I'm reading this right, the Note 8 IS? Much as I want S-OFF with whatever phone I get, I'll be plenty happy with just decent Magisk root, or at least SuperSU.

I can get the SM-950U1 off swappa, and that's apparently the unlocked version, I'm assuming that's the model i need to buy?
Any Snapdragon can be rooted with Samfail. If the Note8 you are considering is on Oreo it cannot be rooted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

christiebunny

Dec 25, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Any Snapdragon can be rooted with Samfail. If the Note8 you are considering is on Oreo it cannot be rooted.

Since I don't know whether the seller(s) on swappa are on Nougat, Oreo, or what, I'm assuming Oreo, so I guess the note and s9+ are off my list. :/

I was under the impression, though, that 'unlocked' in this context, meant unlocked bootloader, not just sim unlocked-- which would be rootable regardless of OS version?

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Just ask seller what version. No unlocked boot would be 950F 950U is what my At&t Note 8 is 950U1 is carrier unlocked firmware not bootloader

Reactions: pbedard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Man, come back. Two people committed suicide cause you left.

I am back. You arnt.

What I am about to show you all is a teaser. THIS IS NOT A RELEASE. But it is showing you it is possible. DO NOT ASK ME FOR THE METHODS OR FILES. YOU WILL BE IGNORED.

x4gl7n.jpg
    So far I have permissive selinux and dm-verity is disabled. We CAN have root if we can get odin to accept a custom system img. I need some samsung modders to PM me so we can figure something out. Our phones have secure download so I cant get a custom system image installed but once we get that we have root.

Also this seems to add VoLTE support to my sprint model(calling+ i believe sprint calls it)

s3h7gj.jpg

EDIT: ONLY PM ME IF YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE ON THIS SUBJECT. I DO NOT WANT ANY ONE ASKING TO TEST.
    EDIT2: Added proof of permissive.
    What you doing over here, last I checked you had the s8+
    I came up with this new method playing with my s8.

I contacted @elliwigy about it as I thought of you all not having root and we tried it on @me2151 's n8 and it worked flawlessly.

I can confirm that the method used is not at all device specific and should work on almost any Samsung device.

This is a MAJOR failure in Samsung's anti-modification "security" :laugh:

We are putting together the necessary stuff to release this now for at least the n8, s8 and s8+. Stay patient for a bit we all had a late night last night getting this working.

You all have no room to complain anyway, it took months to find and build s8/s8+ sampwnd root method.
    Ive been stuck without working root for 2 days due to "pickyness" of this method. You have to do it a certain way or it fails. and we might have finally found the perfect way. So far we are 7/7 for flashing that way. before it was hit or miss. At the time of this typing i am purposfully doing it in a way we know to fail. then I will try to recover using our sofar surefire way to see if it stays strong.

EDIT: 9/9 now. looks like this is the way
    Guys stop fighting or im not releasing.... Itll be soon. just stay calm and be patient