• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ROOT DISCUSSION / TEKXv2 Dev Thread Extension SM-G935T - Dev Section / Discoveries

Search This thread

ice5192

Feb 24, 2010
█ Area 54 Section 9█
sudospartans.com
Samsung / T-Mobile... the result is the same... (can't root) we are simply putting pressure on T-Mobile... We can't do pretty much anything with Samsung... at least with T-Mobile we have a CEO with some sort of "listening" history...

People here already know everything... we already tried flashing TWRP and a Kernel a few days ago...

@Fenny was the 1st... (to discover the locked bootloader about a week ago, another thread)
I am waiting for this to explode which it will we just have to wait. 34 tweets on that topic and half are of boot loaders John Listens he has in the past on alot of issues i stay with tmobile because of him he is a good guy but sometimes makes bad choices and the good thing about him is he ACTUAL listens to his customers. This is going to expend and explode we just have to wait... If the note 6 is like this im done with samsung for good and i will return every single device of theirs i have 8 other samsung devices which i dont use anymore i will sell them all and start a mass media frenzy on them. You have to remember the power of social media millions may see it but just the right person who eyes it will speak up about it. I have sent messages and tweeted over 30 tech blog media companies #freethebootloaders

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.

of course.... AT&T, Verizon... Sprint... all...

I asked all the Samsung reps this question when I discovered this (even though I didn't know it was already found). The question is: why the U.S carrier? Also, that's my point, it is all. It's Samsung that's doing it so why not edit your OP or something and get people to tweet Samsung AND tmobile. We can see results faster (maybe).

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
I asked all the Samsung reps this question when I discovered this (even though I didn't know it was already found). The question is: why the U.S carrier? Also, that's my point, it is all. It's Samsung that's doing it so why not edit your OP or something and get people to tweet Samsung AND tmobile. We can see results faster (maybe).
Samsung doesn't care. They won't lose enough money or enough customers to care. Of all of us, while many upset, not enough are upset to return their phone and boycott Samsung Mobile. T-Mobile itself doesn't really care either, but John Legere might since he's so anti Verizon, anti carrier, and a loud mouth (who also can't resist replying to people on Twitter---even fighting with them haha). He's our only real hope at getting a quick solution. Samsung will respond to him quicker than us and he will respond to us quicker than Samsung.

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Aug 7, 2008
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █

There is no hope for AT&T and Verizon... If there is a carrier with hope... it's T-Mobile... (big IF) I will not change OP... (at least for now...) This was supposed to be a Sticky Thread - Root Guide ... I am just trying to raise a bit of awareness... We might go down... but at least we go down with a voice...

you guys know what needs to be done... no need for OP instructions.../recommendations.../ opinions...

Last edited:

Xileforce

Feb 27, 2012
There is no hope for AT&T and Verizon... If there is a carrier with hope... it's T-Mobile... (big IF) I will not change OP... (at least for now...) This was supposed to be a Sticky Thread - Root Guide ... I am just trying to raise a bit of awareness... We might go down... but at least we go down with a voice...

you guys know what needs to be done... no need for OP instructions.../recommendations.../ opinions...

The blue...it burns. In other news, hopefully at the very least we can get an explanation and whether or not this is going to be their new modus operandi.

Reactions: TheKnux

rjayflo

Feb 15, 2011
hope i am even able to return this phone, i am one of the "lucky" people that got their device early (February 29th). does anyone know if you get 14 days to return on T-Mobile, from the day you receive it or from the day you activate it?

20 days if shipped (pre-order)...14 days if purchased in store

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: KING SKILLZ

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
20 days if shipped (pre-order)...14 days if purchased in store

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA Free mobile app

...also a $50 restocking fee, and your down payment (tax) is theirs too if you return within 14 days:( theres always another jump if its not too early which i did 15 days after i got my lgv10 to note 5. so theyre gonna get some money somehow.

Engineerdude05

Jan 3, 2015
I was really looking forward to get this device and flash it with TEKHD rom. If Samsung/Tmobile will not budge and unlock bootloader, then there is no point for me getting it now. If I have to use my N4 for next few years just to prove a point, so be it. The thought of using Samsung stock rom makes me cringe. Hope Mr. CEO of T-Mobile/ the man of reason hear us out.

mamdroid

Feb 25, 2014
Pensacola
Here is my 2 tweets to him fella's. Let's hope he listens!! uploadfromtaptalk1457861181035.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Here's mine. If it's Samsung why just US variants? Why didn't they lock down all S7 and S7 Edge's? View attachment 3681360

Using XDA to unleash the power of Android in my S7 Edge, One M9, and S6 Edge Plus

From history, Samsung have shown to lock the bootloader at carrier request. I highly doubt they made this decision on their own initiative. All requests / appeals for unlock should be through the carrier to direct Samsung. Trying not to be negative, but it's not looking promising for users here. But, as was said, if you don't try, there'll be no hope. Good luck

ringochan

Jun 4, 2009
Thank you, a.cid for the article!

I don't use Twitter, and I think what I wanted to say is too long to fit in a tweet anyways.

I've been with T-Mobile (VoiceStream) since January 2000. My family has spent about $300 - $500 every month on the 5-user family plan for the last 16 years. We've upgraded our phones every 2-years (3 Androids and 2 iPhones). I don't know if I'm a typical customer, but I'm sure I'm a typical XDA member who is upset about this situation.

That being said, I think I'm going to just return my S7 Edge quietly. And wait for next Nexus phone and switch to Project Fi without letting T-Mobile know why. I think people like me are called "silent majority". We don't voice opinion or complain too much. But in the end, we control the outcome of things like election or market demand in this case.

BTW, you guys think Samsung won't listen to you because losing our business won't hurt their revenues? Yeah, I guess that kind of attitude is killing their smart phone business. They used to be the number one smart phone maker. Not anymore. And bunch of Chinese makers are right behind Samsung.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CURRENTLY - ROOT DISCUSSION THREAD

Root Guide/Files -> HERE by @Mastajeff (His thread is perfect... we don't need another thread with the same info)

TEKXv2 Dev Thread ->TEKXv2 (Dev Section)

divider-line1.png

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1 S7 EDGE SM-G935T < < <

Please visit the following link and sign the petition...

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-unlock-boot-loaders-s7-s7-edge

Then click thanks here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=65858310

@ice5192

TEKXodus_S7Edge.png

- New Info / Discoveries / Root Related info will be posted here...

Yet another - EASY STEPS > XXXX > ODIN > TWRP > RootKERNEL -> SUPERSU -> Done! Guide...

UPDATE: SM-G935F (International F-Variant) root confirmed... -> HERE

UPDATE #2: SM-G935T (T-Mobile Variant) Bootloader ***Locked*** - NO ROOT

braveheart-film-1995.jpg

William Wallace: Yes!, Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!

divider-line1.png

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png
    Thread cleaned
    And as this goes the way of all root threads with frustration mounting
    Off-Topic discussion should go in XDA Off-Topic section
    Make yourselves a nice group therapy support thread there please

Thread reopened...NO OFF-TOPIC will be tolerated here! Take it to the OT section of XDA. Volunteer moderators have better things to do then constantly clean this thread.
    The next cleaning results in permanent closure.
    Change.org just reached out to me and stated that Forbes Tech has reached out to them for me to contact them for a story on this..... I added qualcomm. as well to the list for this to be shipped to
    Sign the Petition that kind of attitude is not going to get us anywhere im putting all my heart and soul in this if it fails i will know that i did everything i could to try at least.

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-unlock-boot-loaders-s7-s7-edge

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

40+ Sigs in less then 20mins great job keep up the passing out of the Petition!