Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all,
I'm very new with my phone Huawei Mate 10 Lite (RNE-L01C432B130).
Like all of you, I need a root for my daily usage and done it successfully.
Here is my story:
(IMPORTANT: DURING PROCESS EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED ON PHONE. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF YOUR IMPORTANT DATAS)

1. I read all of the things here in this thread.
2. Visited Huawei and get my Unlock Code for Bootloader.
3. I downloaded files below.
a) Minimal ADB and Fastboot
b) Recovery Image ((can be downloaded from https://mega.nz/#F!sZ5QhYzD!hwwnFan--iXbgceMTK_5wA ))
((adb files & recovery.img must be in same directory))
c) SuperSU
((I copy it to my external SD Card)
4. Prepared phone for adb services
a) Enabled USB debugging
b) Enabled OEM Unlock
5. If you want to check whether ADB and Fastboot is correctly being configured then go to the installation directory after that press and hold the
shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt and type ‘adb devices’.
This will show you the list of devices connected to your PC.
6. Gave this command in cmd for booting bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
7. After phone booted in bootloader gave this command:
fastboot unlock oem Unlock Code (The code that you got from Huawei)
((IMPORTANT AGAIN: DURING PROCESS EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED ON PHONE. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF YOUR IMPORTANT DATAS))
8. After unlocked the phone it boots again to system.
((As brand new like when bought it but probably without warranty :))
9. Repeated procedure on 4. again
Prepared phone for adb services
a) Enabled USB debugging
b) Enabled OEM Unlock
10. Then gave the command:
adb reboot bootlader
11. In bootloader mode this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
12. When it finished in seconds:
fastboot reboot
13. Phone boots to the system.
14. For installing root I gave command:
adb reboot recovery
15. Phone booted to TWRP
16. In TWRP choosed Install & On SD Card found SuperSU.zip and swiped to install it...
17. After installing choosed "Boot to System"
18. This time phone boot-loop 2 times and boots on third time time to the system...

VOILA!! I have now a brand new Huawei Mate 10 with ROOT.
Only thing was that I needed install all my programs etc again. But that was no problem.

PS: THIS PROCEDURE IS VERY VERY EASY. BUT BE CAREFULL SYSTEM CAN BRICK VERY EASILY. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THE RISK...

I hope that my story help you...

No offense, but what You write is all well known here, and so nothing new!? But a hint for You, after root You have no more Huawei-Designs-App working, and that You can solve! But You must find the right post in this thread, where this is explained and have the file in it, what You must flash, to recover the function of Huawei-Desings-App!

Reactions: balthasar

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
No offense, but what You write is all well known here, and so nothing new!? But a hint for You, after root You have no more Huawei-Designs-App working, and that You can solve! But You must find the right post in this thread, where this is explained and have the file in it, what You must flash, to recover the function of Huawei-Desings-App!

:)

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
:cool:

personally, I use the toolkit 0.0.0.12. :)
by habit because I also have a p9 lite vns-l31. https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...nt/europe-vns-l31-toolkit-bootloader-t3432873
* this toolkit, gives you:
_ the link (en) to request the bootloader code. :cow-boy:
_ do unlock and lock bootloader code.
_ install twrp as you wanted.
_ it can help you unbrick the device as it can flash, boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, cust.img.
_ it can also install oeminfo, it can save oeminfo, useful for sharing.
and surely something else ... to discover ... ;)

Reactions: roselanguste

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
:cool:

personally, I use the toolkit 0.0.0.12. :)
by habit because I also have a p9 lite vns-l31. https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...nt/europe-vns-l31-toolkit-bootloader-t3432873
* this toolkit, gives you:
_ the link (en) to request the bootloader code. :cow-boy:
_ do unlock and lock bootloader code.
_ install twrp as you wanted.
_ it can help you unbrick the device as it can flash, boot.img, recovery.img, system.img, cust.img.
_ it can also install oeminfo, it can save oeminfo, useful for sharing.
and surely something else ... to discover ... ;)

Very Interesting! Thank You!

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
Dear Guys,
As theres a great update with Face Unlock and Camera AR that has been running in some country for Huawei Nova 2i (Philippine and some people in Indonesia), I was wondering, is it possible for me, which is already root my nova2i device and on TWRP recovery to Instal OTA update?
Is there any way to get Update on my root device?
thanks in advance for your time and concern
:confused:

i am waiting it too but i think it is impossible to update due to unlock bootloader and due to TWRP recovery.

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
i am waiting it too but i think it is impossible to update due to unlock bootloader and due to TWRP recovery.
i hope someone could find the way to flash update.zip via TWRP or any other way on rooted devices.
btw i was read before, someone talk about come to huawei service centre to flash original firmware, after unlock and rooted, but they should have to pay about IDR 250K (US $20 more or less), may be when the major update comes, i should have to try to visiting huawei service centre :D

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hi, I try following the steps to root my phone, I managed to unlock it and to enter in twrp and create the .supersu file according to the instructions in the link but when I flash and restart the phone i gets all the war into twrp again and again. Please help i've been at it a long time. My model is RNE-L03.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74563880&postcount=55

You have taken the oldest Root-Tutorial of this Thread for Systemless-Root, and probably the false Files, because the Tutorial You followed was originally for RNE-L21! Look at the Thread, and take the last Root-Tutorial what You find and try again with it, and take the files what it says, and You should be fine!

sdioses

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks!

You have taken the oldest Root-Tutorial of this Thread for Systemless-Root, and probably the false Files, because the Tutorial You followed was originally for RNE-L21! Look at the Thread, and take the last Root-Tutorial what You find and try again with it, and take the files what it says, and You should be fine!

Thank you! I've been searching the post but i cant seem to find them, can you paste the link to the files or the post in where to look? Thank you!

fatty007

Jan 28, 2018
7. After phone booted in bootloader gave this command:
fastboot unlock oem Unlock Code (The code that you got from Huawei)
((IMPORTANT AGAIN: DURING PROCESS EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED ON PHONE. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COPY OF YOUR IMPORTANT DATAS))
Line 7: fastboot unlock oem Unlock Code (The code that you got from Huawei)
(fastboot unlock oem XXXXXXXX)
The command is not reconized :(
I could try " flashing unlock " but i do not know where to put the ID....

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Thank you! I've been searching the post but i cant seem to find them, can you paste the link to the files or the post in where to look? Thank you!

Oh come on, You don't find it, because You don't looked really!? You write a post, that You could not find it, on Thread-Side-51, and the last Tutorial with files is on Thread-Side-50 (post-500)!? No offense, but it is really not hard to find! Good luck with Rooting!

balthasar

Oct 8, 2005
Istanbul
www.sokel.gen.tr

Hi @roselanguste,
Thank you for your kind answer and advice. I already got @ante0 's file and flashed it without any problem.

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
how to convert ota update into twrp flashable zip?

Don't possible, because this OTA's are not for Offline-Updates! You need the full Firmware-File for this, and it is not available so far! Exactly because of this problem I have not rooted my Device! When You try to Install the OTA over TWRP, it will not work and sometimes even brick the Device! - That is happened often in this thread, and so far Nobody was able to install a OTA after root! Sorry, but we have to wait until Huawei releases the full Firmware-File!

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
Don't possible, because this OTA's are not for Offline-Updates! You need the full Firmware-File for this, and it is not available so far! Exactly because of this problem I have not rooted my Device! When You try to Install the OTA over TWRP, it will not work and sometimes even brick the Device! - That is happened often in this thread, and so far Nobody was able to install a OTA after root! Sorry, but we have to wait until Huawei releases the full Firmware-File!

then how to go back to stock to automatically update the software?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone