Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
Hi guys
I have accidentally flashed my boot with recovery image... my phone is unlocked and rooted. How can I fix it now ? I have extracted boot.img from latest OTA update and flashed it but it still doesn't boot. I'm stuck on bootloop. Please help

what model of your phone? and maybe instead you flash boot image try to restore boot image. with twrp.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
It's RNE-L21. I came back to stock recovery for now so I need to flash TWRP one more time, but I've already tried to install boot.img with twrp and my phone is still stuck in bootloop. Any ideas on how to resolve that ? Maybe someone can post their backup ? Also one more question, can I download firmware with another cust ( i want C432 ) and just force-flash it or will it brick my device ?

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
It's RNE-L21. I came back to stock recovery for now so I need to flash TWRP one more time, but I've already tried to install boot.img with twrp and my phone is still stuck in bootloop. Any ideas on how to resolve that ? Maybe someone can post their backup ? Also one more question, can I download firmware with another cust ( i want C432 ) and just force-flash it or will it brick my device ?

Pick boot image of your firmware, if your phone is on B120 (for example) you should download update of B120, not latest.
And make sure cust matches too in the Firmware you're downloading, not just RNE-L21.

As for rebranding, you'd need a full firmware and that doesn't exist for RNE-Lxx. There is RNE-AL00 (Chinese) but you'd need oeminfo of AL00 to do that.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
Pick boot image of your firmware, if your phone is on B120 (for example) you should download update of B120, not latest.
And make sure cust matches too in the Firmware you're downloading, not just RNE-L21.

As for rebranding, you'd need a full firmware and that doesn't exist for RNE-Lxx. There is RNE-AL00 (Chinese) but you'd need oeminfo of AL00 to do that.

I did that. I have downloaded OTA and extracted boot.img from it, flashed with fastboot but it doesn't work, still on bootloop. Now I have bought credits on DC Phoenix, and I went through fastboot flashing, but as soon as I get to upgrade mode flashing stage my phone is stuck at 5% and that's it. I am flashing full RNE-L21C432B120 firmware with DC Phoenix even though I am on C738 or something like that, but that's the only firmware you get on DC Phoenix.
Can anyone help me with that, please ?

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
I rebooted the power button and restarted in bootloader error.
I had to wait until the battery emptied, I tried with adb reboot bootloader and reboot always in bootloader error.
now I'm waiting for the battery to empty again.

try to connect first to your computer and then you long press the volume down + power button.

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
I did that. I have downloaded OTA and extracted boot.img from it, flashed with fastboot but it doesn't work, still on bootloop. Now I have bought credits on DC Phoenix, and I went through fastboot flashing, but as soon as I get to upgrade mode flashing stage my phone is stuck at 5% and that's it. I am flashing full RNE-L21C432B120 firmware with DC Phoenix even though I am on C738 or something like that, but that's the only firmware you get on DC Phoenix.

That's why. It won't install if it's a different cust. You'd have to rebrand to C432.
This can be a bit risky as you'd have no way to get back to C738 if anything goes wrong...
And you might end up with a brick.

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
Even with DC will fail the installation of full RNE-L21C432B120 because your OEMINFO doesn't match.
Are you aware of the OEMINFO change can soft brick your device?

If you have experience in this area I can share mine.

Last edited:

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
Even with DC will fail the installation of full RNE-L21C432B120 because your OEMINFO doesn't match.
Are you aware of the OEMINFO change can soft brick your device?

If you have experience in this area I can share mine.

I didn't know that. So how can I fix my phone now if C738 full firmware is not available and I have already flashed C432 ? The only way IMO to fix this would be to take someone else's backup from C738 cust and restore it on my phone. Unless I can change cust to C432, but is that possible through fastboot mode ?

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I didn't know that. So how can I fix my phone now if C738 full firmware is not available and I have already flashed C432 ? The only way IMO to fix this would be to take someone else's backup from C738 cust and restore it on my phone. Unless I can change cust to C432, but is that possible through fastboot mode ?
Can you describe exactly what you did?
What was your previous firmware?
Your FRP is unlocked?
Recovery is stock?

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
Can you describe exactly what you did?
What was your previous firmware?
Your FRP is unlocked?
Recovery is stock?

I have flashed twrp recovery with fastboot flash boot by a mistake... then I tried to flash boot.img from extracted OTA package, but it didn't help and the phone gets to operator logo and bootloops there.

My FRP is unlocked and my bootloader is also unlocked
Recovery is stock ATM, but I can flash TWRP if needed
My previous firmware was RNE-L21C738B150 if I'm not mistaken, but I flashed RNE-L21C438B120 now. The C738 full package is not available ATM. So I flashed wrong custom now...
Also when trying to use erecovery I'm getting "failed to get package" error.

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I have flashed twrp recovery with fastboot flash boot by a mistake... then I tried to flash boot.img from extracted OTA package, but it didn't help and the phone gets to operator logo and bootloops there.

My FRP is unlocked and my bootloader is also unlocked
Recovery is stock ATM, but I can flash TWRP if needed
My previous firmware was RNE-L21C738B150 if I'm not mistaken, but I flashed RNE-L21C438B120 now. The C738 full package is not available ATM. So I flashed wrong custom now...
Also when trying to use erecovery I'm getting "failed to get package" error.

When you tried to flash boot.img which one you used? From C738 or from C432 OTA's?

When you flash C432 firmware with DC was done in the eRecovery or in the fastboot mode?

You said that fails at 5%? or you flashed all C432 with success?

ATM if your device is with C432 you should try to change oeminfo, but if still have C738 you should try to return to the original firmware.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
When you tried to flash boot.img which one you used? From C738 or from C432 OTA's?

When you flash C432 firmware with DC was done in the eRecovery or in the fastboot mode?

You said that fails at 5%? or you flashed all C432 with success?

ATM if your device is with C432 you should try to change oeminfo, but if still have C738 you should try to return to the original firmware.

I used C432 Ota's boot

the DC Phoenix flashed succesfully in fastboot mode but then it wants to enter eRecovery mode and eRecovery flashing stops on 5% and gives errror
So I flashed C432 in Fastboot mode sucessfully, but the rest of the process that is made in upgrade mode fails

ATM my device is C432 more than C738 ( I have c432 boot.img system.img recovery img. etc. )

How do I change oeminfo ?

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
I used C432 Ota's boot

the DC Phoenix flashed succesfully in fastboot mode but then it wants to enter eRecovery mode and eRecovery flashing stops on 5% and gives errror
So I flashed C432 in Fastboot mode sucessfully, but the rest of the process that is made in upgrade mode fails

ATM my device is C432 more than C738 ( I have c432 boot.img system.img recovery img. etc. )

Hello
for oeminfo.
be careful, just an idea. :confus:
you can surely try to restore oeminfo from twrp.
AND use dc-unlocker to install firmware full now.

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I used C432 Ota's boot

At that time you should flashed the boot and recovery from C738 and after, when your device is working 100% then you try change your location to europe. Right now we don't know if you have something damage.

Try this commands in fastboot mode and post here, they should help to understand what is your situation.

fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot oem get-build-number
or
fastboot getvar rescue_phoneinfo

Hello
for oeminfo.
be careful, just an idea. :confus:
you can surely try to restore oeminfo from twrp.
AND use dc-unlocker to install firmware full now.
If bootloader lock after flash new oeminfo he shouldn't be with stock recovery at that time?

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Yes but where can I get it from ? I don't have oeminfo.zip for C432. Can someone post it, please ?

Dont worry, I will post mine oeminfo here, but don't use it before you have 100% that is secure, you have to check 1st if you can return to C738.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
At that time you should flashed the boot and recovery from C738 and after, when your device is working 100% then you try change your location to europe. Right now we don't know if you have something damage.

Try this commands in fastboot mode and post here, they should help to understand what is your situation.

fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot oem get-build-number
or
fastboot getvar rescue_phoneinfo

If bootloader lock after flash new oeminfo he shouldn't be with stock recovery at that time?

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Dont worry, I will post mine oeminfo here, but don't use it before you have 100% that is secure, you have to check 1st if you can return to C738.

C:\adb>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: p4/pl
finished. total time: 0.008s

C:\adb>fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) RNE-L21
OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 0.013s

C:\adb>fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :RNE-L21C738B150
OKAY [ 0.012s]
finished. total time: 0.014s

Evan797

Jan 25, 2018
can you post the steps in flashing and rooting your devices? cos the last time i did that i had to go back to the service center to reinstall my phone.

My phone is RNE-L22 is Nova 2i
Build number: RNE-L22C636B110
Please advise in steps.
If mess up my /boot again the service center will not honor the warranty again.

Heyyy... my phone is Bricked,and my phone is as same as yours ..Nova 2i (RNE-L22C636)
Please can i get your TWRP Backups?
I can't find any stock firmware....
I am in a horrible Situation!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Go to Huawei Website, Register, Unlock-page and with Your IMEI-Number You can Unlock it!

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Download Firmware-Finder-App from Playstore, and when the App can find a Firmware with the same Firmware-number as Yours, then You can Download it, and extract the Recovery.img (Huawei-Extractor), and then I'm sure Anyone here can make a Save TWRP out of it for You and the others Nova-i Users!?

Heyy...im a Nova 2i (RNE-L22C636) user... my phone is Bricked,I Accidently deleted my stock firmware
Now i don't find any official stock firmware...

I searched in Firmware-Finder,and i couldn't find any same firmware-number.
What can i do now?
I am in a great Trouble !!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone