Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
Hai Flamedrops,
how many credit we need for Open FRP via DC-unlocker?

hey if you are now on TWRP recovery then follow this step. download all neccessary. my phone is nova 2i just like yours i accidentally bricked it RNE-L22 but now RNE-L21 bec. of this backup that i used i restore everything except oem info and product info. follow all these steps. by the way thanks to Chisetdel31260 for his effort to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisetdel31260
dcunlocker can open FRP. https://www.dc-unlocker.com/
I managed to restore my device.
if you used unlocker for the FRP.
after redoing the bootloader code.
install TWRP. https://mega.nz/#!c1tyRL7Z!r3fhcK5eN...pc2cF-lG4guQdk
restore my backup, restore, select all except oeminfo and product. https://mega.nz/#F!lklADSZY!ORwYA7HAoVlkbjp03EoAkg
restarts.
you noticed that the camera starts but the sound, video, camera, theme boot-animation ..... does not work. (This is due to product twrp not restoring it properly)
took this meta_inf.zip, get product.ext4.win renamed it in product.img.
place it in the meta-inf zip. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=452
reboot.
from twrp, install meta-inf.zip.
returned to twrp.
wipe / data format.
install supersu ante0 https://mega.nz/#!BgVwGILJ!PGq_3cupA...qHzacUxwd5m5fw
reboot.
restart in twrp.
install publiczip file from ante0. to repair theme. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r1we6xf2d...e-l21.zip?dl=0
(this file is for rne-L21.
If you're not on RNE-L21 you need to extract zip and rename / data / hw_init / version / special_cust / RNE-21 to your model.
And open META-INF / com / google / android / updater-script in notepad ++, search and replace all RNE-21 with your model. Save and rezip and flash.)

reboot.
we now cover.
to restore the device to the origin.
twrp, restore bootext4.win that I did before being root. https://mega.nz/#F!5gl3nDzL!N8pPmT05mnWfnYyXoZFExA
restarts.
now, with adb flash recovery.img stock. https://mega.nz/#!EhkCQSCT!Pk7K-JHhn...bBK8PpDjHAb15U
then you could also lock the bootloader code.
he will reset himself. and restart all clean.
édit
ah, I forgot to say.
that you will remain dolbyatmos and viper. they are in my original backup.
no problem they are not annoying.
if you wanted to use them. (be root and install the permissive mode selinux) https://mega.nz/#F!FsUHnTbb!5J0nMtCuXIhSMzxXBOD-wQ
or delete them, be root, and with a file explorer delete them system / priv-app /.
sorry for you.
I know that I spent two days understanding everything and finding a simple solution.
I am convinced that we can do even better, but here I am tired.

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Folks! There is now a Full-OTA-Package for RNE-L21 (see Screenshot), but it is a C900-Firmware (Asia) and I don't know if it is Useful for us or not!? What do You Guys say about this!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-015002.png
    Screenshot_20180218-015002.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Chisetdel31260

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
What is roolback?
Thanks!
roolback.
and the official firmware huawei to recover the device, following bugs after a faulty update.
* or it may be a firmware for the demo device.
* still nothing for RNE-L21c432. since November.
my patience has limits.
** a few more days.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

AND
I have a funny idea.
I am RNE-L21C432B130.
with twrp + root.
I will uninstall the root.
and restart in twrp.
install version.img image of b120.
My device should repropose the b130 update.
will download it ota-mf rne-l21c185b142. since FF.
and i will try to change the files with ota-mf of b130.
What do you think?

Reactions: roselanguste

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
roolback.
and the official firmware huawei to recover the device, following bugs after a faulty update.
* or it may be a firmware for the demo device.
* still nothing for RNE-L21c432. since November.
my patience has limits.
** a few more days.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

AND
I have a funny idea.
I am RNE-L21C432B130.
with twrp + root.
I will uninstall the root.
and restart in twrp.
install version.img image of b120.
My device should repropose the b130 update.
will download it ota-mf rne-l21c185b142. since FF.
and i will try to change the files with ota-mf of b130.
What do you think?

That's a very good Idea! And the other thing, I feel like You, the Device is Good, but that we have no full firmware, and very easy brickable Firmware, takes all the Fun! - I don't understand why Huawei give Us Bootloader-Unlock-Code and let Us unlock Bootloader easily, but don't give Us a full firmware since Months!? - The Firmware is also Bugy and Huawei give no Fixes since the Device comes out! That's Redicules! I really don't know, if I buy again a Huawei-Device!? - I even have thinked about resell it and buy a other Device!?

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
That's a very good Idea! And the other thing, I feel like You, the Device is Good, but that we have no full firmware, and very easy brickable Firmware, takes all the Fun! - I don't understand why Huawei give Us Bootloader-Unlock-Code and let Us unlock Bootloader easily, but don't give Us a full firmware since Months!? - The Firmware is also Bugy and Huawei give no Fixes since the Device comes out! That's Redicules! I really don't know, if I buy again a Huawei-Device!? - I even have thinked about resell it and buy a other Device!?
my sa does not work download failure by chaining the files.
** what I managed.
delete root. OK
install version.img image of b120 ok.
install recovery.img stock. OK
went to update b130. OK
exchange the files it does not work,
he tells me download failure. probably the size of the file that changes. b130 556 mo b142 850mo
* because it does not tell me error authentication
edit:
second test.
he went to recovery to install update and he says echecs to 6%, faild authentication.
Tanpis.
still wait.

Last edited:

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Hello. Regard.:victory:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-223237.png
    Screenshot_20180218-223237.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20180218-223231.png
    Screenshot_20180218-223231.png
    142 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20180218-233817.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-233817.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20180218_233936.png
    IMG_20180218_233936.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot_20180218-233824.png
    Screenshot_20180218-233824.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: nazir81

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
whoaaaa thats great.. im sure you'll gave us a great news how to updating after UBL and rooted :D
ahhhh but sadly im not on TWRP anymore, and FRP locked :(

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

WAIT.... ELEMENTAL V1.1 = CUSTOM ROM???/???? Whooaaaaaaa...... LOVE LOVE LOVE

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Hai gaes,
I was on TWRP, but when i manage to instal magisk, i restore the stock recovery, and can not back to TWRP, because unfortunately i was hit the restore button on Developer options, and make my Unlock OEM button disable and turn into grey.
im On RNE-L22C636
is there anyway to for me to back to TWRP without DC unlocker?
if theres no other way, how many credit I need to solved this problem with DC unlocker?

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
Yes, I bought a xiaomi redmi 4x waiting for my mate 10 lite that is in assistance Huawei, is a very nice device with a nice o. S .. My next purchase will be a top of the range xiaomi.

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014

Amazing! Can You write a little Tutorial how to make this!? This where very Kind of You! Thanks!

Have found it! Here is the link to the Elemental-Custom-ROM with Tutorial!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ma...om-emui-5-1-huawei-mate-10-lite-dual-t3751864

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Wow. Wats working and wats not bro?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using XDA Labs

See my last post, there is the link to the Elemental-Custom-ROM!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

whoaaaa thats great.. im sure you'll gave us a great news how to updating after UBL and rooted :D
ahhhh but sadly im not on TWRP anymore, and FRP locked :(

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

WAIT.... ELEMENTAL V1.1 = CUSTOM ROM???/???? Whooaaaaaaa...... LOVE LOVE LOVE

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Hai gaes,
I was on TWRP, but when i manage to instal magisk, i restore the stock recovery, and can not back to TWRP, because unfortunately i was hit the restore button on Developer options, and make my Unlock OEM button disable and turn into grey.
im On RNE-L22C636
is there anyway to for me to back to TWRP without DC unlocker?
if theres no other way, how many credit I need to solved this problem with DC unlocker?

See my last post, there is the link to the Elemental-Custom-ROM!

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yes, I bought a xiaomi redmi 4x waiting for my mate 10 lite that is in assistance Huawei, is a very nice device with a nice o. S .. My next purchase will be a top of the range xiaomi.

Hey Maniele62, there is now a Custom-ROM for our Device, and it looks awesome! Take a look in the thread of the Custom-ROM, here is the link!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ma...om-emui-5-1-huawei-mate-10-lite-dual-t3751864

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hello roselanguste, I had already seen, I will try when my device will return home.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

A new rom our device‎https://www.needrom.com/download/huawei-mate-10-lite/

It's a fake! I have seen also this Yesterday, but in the comments to this ROM stands it's fake and not possible to install! But the Custom-ROM seems very Cool, and I think I will try it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone