Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

Diego1976

Mar 14, 2016
hello to all, I have the brand version Tim (rne l01) monosim and I ask you if you can enable the second SIM since apparently default Huawei is born dual but in Italy is blocked by various managers ..
Does anyone know where to find a guide about it? please help me

caphunterx

Feb 17, 2018
hello to all, I have the brand version Tim (rne l01) monosim and I ask you if you can enable the second SIM since apparently default Huawei is born dual but in Italy is blocked by various managers ..
Does anyone know where to find a guide about it? please help me

It's possible, (read in form) but I won't recommend it.

This phone is a brick king and I won't recommend fiddling around to much.

I bricked my device a couple times and it not worth it you probably end up hardbricking it!!

If you run stock I would advice not doing anything until oreo is released. Then start with unlocking bootloader. Boot in twrp (not flash it) root and decrypt and make a backup. Then you can start fiddling around but still then I don't suggest doing it. As said before some people ended up bricking it alltogether and with bad luck there is no return!

Diego1976

Mar 14, 2016
It's possible, (read in form) but I won't recommend it.

This phone is a brick king and I won't recommend fiddling around to much.

I bricked my device a couple times and it not worth it you probably end up hardbricking it!!

If you run stock I would advice not doing anything until oreo is released. Then start with unlocking bootloader. Boot in twrp (not flash it) root and decrypt and make a backup. Then you can start fiddling around but still then I don't suggest doing it. As said before some people ended up bricking it alltogether and with bad luck there is no return!

ok I will listen to your advice, while what is the easiest way to unlock the bootloader?
thanks in advance

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
ok I will listen to your advice, while what is the easiest way to unlock the bootloader?
thanks in advance

The easiest way for unlocking the bootloader is to go on Huawei-Website, Log in Your Account or register in case You have not Huawei-Account yet, search for unlock, give in Your IMEI on the unlock-page, and than You get Your specific bootloader-unlock-code! Then bring Your Device in Fastboot-Mode and give in the command fastboot oem unlock UNLOCKCODE (Your specific unlock-code), done (bootloader is unlocked now)!

ffenriz

Sep 12, 2014
all you need to do is to unlock first your bootloader and intall twrp then after that make a backup and select storage sd card then twrp create a path on it and after that download all files needed just download folder as it is after you download everything then place the folder inside the twrp/backup/ name of your folder in sdcard for example mine is twrp/backups/8UEDU17A21001444/ Then inside of it my backup. Again place your sd card to your phone and go to twrp recovery then select storage sdcard then select restore, select the downloaded backup and flash everything on it except the oem and product uncheck this two. then flash it. :)

if you have already unlock your bootloader no need to use dc unlocker., all you need to do just flash twrp on fastboot mode.

and by the way there is elemental rom which is more easier to flash with, here is the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-10/huawei-mate-10-lite--roms-kernels-recoveries--other-development/rom-emui-5-1-huawei-mate-10-lite-dual-t3751864

hi mate..i already download that file n put into sd card.
but when i flash via twrp i got error
extractTarFork() process ended with error = 255
can u help on this?

thanks for your help..

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
roselanguste
Hello.
Oh, I thought you understood.
On this mate10 lite, we need to install a full firmware to close the bootloader and no longer display this mesage your device is unlocking.
so, I had to pay 15 credits to DC-Phoenix, and I reinstalled the full firmware RNE-L21C432B120.
At reboot, it closes the bootloader correctly and it does not display any more meshes. and the OTA update works.
I hope that huawei will provide us with a full-ota-mf-pv firmware, because 15 credits for each update, it will be expensive.

Last edited:

caphunterx

Feb 17, 2018
roselanguste
Hello.
On this mate10 lite, we need to install a full firmware to close the bootloader and no longer display this mesage your device is unlocking.
so, I had to pay 15 credits to DC-Phoenix, and I reinstalled the full firmware RNE-L21C432B120.
At reboot, it closes the bootloader correctly and it does not display any more meshes. and the OTA update works.
I hope that huawei will provide us with a full-ota-mf-pv firmware, because 15 credits for each update, it will be expensive.

Maybe a dump question, I never used DC-Phoenix but is it made by Huawei? If not. If DC-Phoenix can relock and restore it back why can we do that proces our self? I mean it has to talk with your phone through USB and if we can find what it does we can do it our self? Right?

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Maybe a dump question, I never used DC-Phoenix but is it made by Huawei? If not. If DC-Phoenix can relock and restore it back why can we do that proces our self? I mean it has to talk with your phone through USB and if we can find what it does we can do it our self? Right?
And, you just have to find a full-ota-mf-pv firmware. And I do not know how DC-phoenix could do to have this firmware. It is protected, only DC-phoenix can open it. Winrar, winzip, etc... does not want.

Sent from my HUAWEI RNE-L21 using XDA Labs

caphunterx

Feb 17, 2018
And, you just have to find a full-ota-mf-pv firmware. And I do not know how DC-phoenix could do to have this firmware. It is protected, only DC-phoenix can open it. Winrar, winzip, etc... does not want.

Maybe we can emulate a phone that is on fastboot? And while DC_phonix flashes it to you're phone (emulated device) you download the undecrypted packet? Haha il can try maybe it works

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
roselanguste
Hello.

I agree with you

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

hei huawei when will you release a full firmware for mate 10 lite? you are adopting a wrong policy about it. I will never buy huawei products again !!!!!!

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Maybe we can emulate a phone that is on fastboot? And while DC_phonix flashes it to you're phone (emulated device) you download the undecrypted packet? Haha il can try maybe it works
sorry, I did not see that I sent you anything.
here, the firmware rne-l21c432b120 full-ota-mf from dc-phoenix provided me.
you can open it only with dc-phoenix me I use v50.
If, you want to try to open it otherwise, you will make happy. :)

https://mega.nz/#F!Bo9xCLRZ!KLqr2Q4cb1VvJTeHT-r7Tg

Last edited:

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
roselanguste
Hello.

Oh, ok now I see thru! One further Question about this please, the Firmware-File from dc-unlocker, can You use it so often You want, or must You for every Firmware-Flash Buy 15-Credits!
Thanks!

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Oh, ok now I see thru! One further Question about this please, the Firmware-File from dc-unlocker, can You use it so often You want, or must You for every Firmware-Flash Buy 15-Credits!
Thanks!
no, it takes 15 credits for 72 hours.
but, you can use the same files. you do not have to re-download them.
but to use dc-phoenix v50, you need 15 credits.
If, I could open these two files differently, I will be happy.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Can You please link the DC-Unlocker-Tool what You used, I have maybe an idea!
Thanks!

caphunterx

Feb 17, 2018
Got xposed working c432b130

good news i got Xposed framework working.

flashed it with twrp. wiped dalvikcache. booted it. while booting restart it. (think i dit dalvik a second time) and waited 5 min.

if bin trying it for 2 weeks and got bootloops they were easly fixed by the uninstaler.zip
im not sure why the 2 reboot and dalvi wipe were needed to because the installer does it by default but seems to beworking nicely and stable

richmaster1o2

Feb 5, 2015
I have a RNE-L21C432B130 with flashed Firmware of kingofmezi. Now i cant lock the Bootloader (it doesnt boot). I flashed Stock recovery. Can someone provide a Full L21C432 firmware to flash with the dload method? I have the full ota update.app of B120 c432 but i need the RNE-L21_hw_eu folder of this firmware... does someone can help me? I want to go back to stock with bootloader locked.

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
I have a RNE-L21C432B130 with flashed Firmware of kingofmezi. Now i cant lock the Bootloader (it doesnt boot). I flashed Stock recovery. Can someone provide a Full L21C432 firmware to flash with the dload method? I have the full ota update.app of B120 c432 but i need the RNE-L21_hw_eu folder of this firmware... does someone can help me? I want to go back to stock with bootloader locked.
There is not yet a full firmware

dabateau

Jan 14, 2012
I tried installing TWRP yesterday, and my Windows PowerShell tells me I flashed it correctly, but when I try booting to it, I always end up in erecovery.
Is there a way to boot into TWRP? When I try to boot to recovery I only get the screen with the three options (Your devices is unlocked and can't be trusted,... then the three options depending on what button I push).
Or I'm just stupid and I read over something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone