Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

veseli06

Jul 18, 2018
Hi,

i am new to XDA, i need little help. I have huawei Mate 10 lite, but when i brougt him the device name is Neo-L21, and bulid number is NEO-L21C900B104. I dont get any update nothing, i dont have Huawei ID. Can somebody help me, to do something with him. Now i get unlock code for bootloader

Last edited:

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,

i am new to XDA, i need little help. I have huawei Mate 10 lite, but when i brougt him the device name is Neo-L21, and bulid number is NEO-L21C900B104. I dont get any update nothing, i dont have Huawei ID. Can somebody help me, to do something with him. Now i get unlock code for bootloader

Have You solved it in the meantime? Have You the Bootloader-Unlock-Code?

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
I just managed the rollback emui 8.0 to emui 5.1
* with HuRUpdater 0.3 and the catuva emru8 twrp
I'm back in rne-l21c432b135.
i will restore my backup of rne-l21c432b133 and reinstall with hurupdater 0.3 b135 and my bootloader will be LOCK.
** after i will install apk beta test and test the beta. I already have L.O.L

Hello Chisetdel!
I will Sell my Mate-10-Lite (RNE-L21), and so I will Unroot and Install Android-8 for the next Owner! Since Rooting I have never do Update or else, and so I don't know the specific steps! Can You please write me the steps how to do it with the HWOTA-Programm and what for Firmware-Version I should Download with Firmware-Finder for Android-8! I would really really Thankful for Your help, because I have tried to find the right Procedure and get it in my Head, but I am really not sure, and don't want to Brick the Device!
Thanks! :highfive:
RoseL.

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Hello Chisetdel!
I will Sell my Mate-10-Lite (RNE-L21), and so I will Unroot and Install Android-8 for the next Owner! Since Rooting I have never do Update or else, and so I don't know the specific steps! Can You please write me the steps how to do it with the HWOTA-Programm and what for Firmware-Version I should Download with Firmware-Finder for Android-8! I would really really Thankful for Your help, because I have tried to find the right Procedure and get it in my Head, but I am really not sure, and don't want to Brick the Device!
Thanks! :highfive:
RoseL.

which version was originally RNE-L21 or L22, cxxx? BXXX?
and in which version are you currently?

Chisetdel31260

Jun 21, 2016
toulouse
Originally it was RNE-L21-C432-B100, and currently it is RNE-L21-C432-B130.
Thanks!

OK.
so, download this on PC.
* HWOTA https://mega.nz/#!YlFiAAyZ!4dzHZXZimUPGl_qS9elPvPu4e2BzikV2WNtSQ0pCqxQ
Recovery stock emui 5.1 http://catuva21.blogspot.com/2018/04/recoverystockmate10.html
* TWRP catuva21 emui 5.1 http://catuva21.blogspot.com/2018/04/recoverytwrpmate10.html
and your firmware emui 8.0 rne-l21c432b332 the last one.
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G2722/g1699/v157871/f1/full/update.zip
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...l/RNE-L21_hw_eu/update_full_RNE-L21_hw_eu.zip
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...71/f1/full/public/update_data_full_public.zip
ok
have version emui 5.1.
on the pc, unzip the hwota zip on your desktop in a new folder.
* in there you will find a folder called update. Put inside your firmware emui 8.0 (the three files, renamed update.zip, update_all_hw and update_data_public).
* On your SD card, create a folder named hwota. copy in your firmware emui 8.0 too.
OK
good, turn off the phone.
connect the usb cable.
go to fastboot & rescue mode (low volume + power).
on the pc in your hwota file there is update.bat, (double click) a blue window opens.
follow the instructions.
it asks you to confirm with ENTER.
THEN, unplug the cable and go to mode TWRP emui 5.1 (volume up and power).
Reconnect the cable and continue the instructions.

Last edited:

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Chisetdel! On the first try, some of the links seems to doesn't work, but I have found out then, that the some of the links doesn't work with the older Microsoft-Internet-Explorer, but with the newer Browsers like the Microsoft-Edge it works well!? Now I have set back my Device to Stock (Unroot) and Updated to the latest Android-8-Firmware! Really Thank You Very Much, You Helped me a lot!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.