Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

KhanhPPA

Nov 12, 2017
Are You sure, that You have exactly the Firmware-File of Your Device, because there a few of it! And because of that, I'm not sure enough to try to root! In few cases it works, and in few not!? And have You try to flash with TWRP and not Stock-Recovery!?

I don't try to flash via TWRP, it may cause brick my devices (someone did and was brick).
First of all, I update through OTA update, but after reboot, it was an error. I tried several times but no success. Then I update via UPDATE.APP file (downloaded from the Firmware-Finder app, The downloaded firmware was exactly with update firmware in OTA update.), but get the same result. Still get the error.
How can i solve this error?

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
I don't try to flash via TWRP, it may cause brick my devices (someone did and was brick).
First of all, I update through OTA update, but after reboot, it was an error. I tried several times but no success. Then I update via UPDATE.APP file (downloaded from the Firmware-Finder app, The downloaded firmware was exactly with update firmware in OTA update.), but get the same result. Still get the error.
How can i solve this error?

Do You get an error message or code!?

Try the following: make a folder with the name dload in internal storage, then put the update.app in it, and try to flash/update over stock recovery!

Last edited:

KhanhPPA

Nov 12, 2017
Do You get an error message or code!?

Try the following: make a folder with the name dload in internal storage, then put the update.app in it, and try to flash/update over stock recovery!
I was tried, but not working, when device reboot it get an error message like this "Verifying update file failure" or update error (something like this, I don't remember exactly)
(Error message appear here)
huawei-p9-update.png

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
I was tried, but not working, when device reboot it get an error message like this "Verifying update file failure" or update error (something like this, I don't remember exactly)
(Error message appear here)
huawei-p9-update.png

Please try the dload folder! When You have already tried it with internal storage, and it didn't work, then try the same with external storage (sd-card)! Further there is a force to update tutorial on xda for Huawei devices, but that may be dangerous!? I post the steps here, but You must decide for Yourself, to try or not!?

Force upgrade
Step 1. A MICRO SD card of 4GB or more should be available. The MICRO SD card 2015-2-25 Page 5, Total7 made by Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax is recommended.
Step 2. Format the MICRO SD card (This operation is optional).
Step 3. Make sure that there is an UPDATE.APP under the dload. Copy the Main package of dload in PC to dload of SD card.
Step 4. Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Pressing the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key, then press
the POWER key to power on the phone, and VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key should be pressed more than 10 seconds, then enter the Software Upgrade Mode.

Please Be careful!

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
for anyone which need i help to porting twrp for your model, just try to use firmware finder on playstore and extract recovery.img and upload to me .
or you can use this https://xdaforums.com/tools/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469146

ps. required ota released for your model (not need full ota just has recovery.img on it).

hi, hi, would you be so kind to me twrp? this is the link of my ROM
Thanks in advance.

https://mega.nz/#!BFJSjLBA!Kz56t8_-soDOuPbGV9vzbdI1TUVAdnHLITI2rkRGw0I

kusubudo

Jan 31, 2009
My phone model is nova 2i, the firmware is RNE-L22, can i change my phone firmware to RNE-AL00? I need RNE-AL00's Student mode. only china version firmware AL00 has it.

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
So anyone can upload stock recovery mate 10 lite? I will port it.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

So, finally I was able to Download my Firmware with Firmware-Finder-App, and to Extract the Recovery.img (1+2) out of it with Huawei-Extractor! Please, Please, Please, make a TWRP out of it, and it should work for the most Devices in this Thread, because it is the Firmware-Version what have the most here (I think, after watching this Thread all the last Days since opening)! The Link go directly to the Folder with the Recovery!
Thank You very much!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArOzQmOOgNJ_ry9rQeL6A7wuJxgL

Last edited:

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
for anyone which need i help to porting twrp for your model, just try to use firmware finder on playstore and extract recovery.img and upload to me .
or you can use this https://xdaforums.com/tools/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469146

ps. required ota released for your model (not need full ota just has recovery.img on it).

hi Aonja, this is link of my huawei mate 10 lite - recovery2 extract from FIRMWARE FINDER date 28-10-2017
( RNE-L21C432B120CUSTC432D004 ) only OTA no full OTA.

can you create a twrp for me? thank you!!!

https://mega.nz/#!FIRVHKKK!4qGzeyD7MuZSKQkEkxBh511fzK7IeJ58kq89zQbYzRc

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Not yet, i trying another way to avoid error but nothing changed. Thanks for your help :)

I think to remember that Your Device was rooted!? In that case You must unroot before You can go back! Try to flash the Boot.img and maybe that change anything!? Yesterday I have Download the OTA-Package and extracted the Recovery.img, and there I have noticed that there are many images in it! - a verification.img, boot.img, Modem.img, Recovery.img (1+2) and so on! Maybe You need one of these for recover Your Device!?

Aonja

Feb 26, 2009
www.ran-reborn.com
Code:
<Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
    <Files>
      <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
      <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
      <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
      <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
      <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
      <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
      <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
      <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
      <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
      <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
      <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
      <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
      <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
      <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
      <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
      <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
      <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
      <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
      <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
      <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
      <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
      <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
      <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
      <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
      <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
      <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
      <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
      <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
      <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
      <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
      <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
      <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
      <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
      <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
      <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
      <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
      <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
      <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
      <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
      <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
      <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
      <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
      <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
      <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
      <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
      <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
      <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
      <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
    </Files>
  </Profile>
for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

hi Aonja, this is link of my huawei mate 10 lite - recovery2 extract from FIRMWARE FINDER date 28-10-2017
( RNE-L21C432B120CUSTC432D004 ) only OTA no full OTA.

can you create a twrp for me? thank you!!!

https://mega.nz/#!FIRVHKKK!4qGzeyD7MuZSKQkEkxBh511fzK7IeJ58kq89zQbYzRc

L21
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

Aonja

Feb 26, 2009
www.ran-reborn.com
So, finally I was able to Download my Firmware with Firmware-Finder-App, and to Extract the Recovery.img (1+2) out of it with Huawei-Extractor! Please, Please, Please, make a TWRP out of it, and it should work for the most Devices in this Thread, because it is the Firmware-Version what have the most here (I think, after watching this Thread all the last Days since opening)! The Link go directly to the Folder with the Recovery!
Thank You very much!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArOzQmOOgNJ_ry9rQeL6A7wuJxgL

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLwlvJJ1fGCsqUKY9QS6TOVphoC28eNK/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: roselanguste

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***
    Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.