Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
It didn't help, the model is still wrong so I'm going back to boot.img posted by kilroystyx and I will root again now

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
@Serekzolty, if you didn't fixed yet try the following:

How many CUST folders do you see in the root?
2 or 3?
/cust
/cust_comm
/cust_spec

Terminal emulator run this command:
getprop ro.hw.custPath

If the output is /cust/p4/pl

then change these paths names (folders)
/cust/hw/eu TO /cust/p4/pl
/version/special_cust/RNE-L21/hw/eu TO /version/special_cust/RNE-L21/p4/pl

reboot and check if NEO remain or you are back to RNE-21

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 101.png
    101.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 102.png
    102.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: agheyew

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
@Serekzolty, if you didn't fixed yet try the following:

How many CUST folders do you see in the root?
2 or 3?
/cust
/cust_comm
/cust_spec

Terminal emulator run this command:
getprop ro.hw.custPath

If the output is /cust/p4/pl

then change these paths names (folders)
/cust/hw/eu TO /cust/p4/pl
/version/special_cust/RNE-L21/hw/eu TO /version/special_cust/RNE-L21/p4/pl

reboot and check if NEO remain or you are back to RNE-21

The output is /cust/p4/pl
There is only one cust folder and two files named cust_comm and cust_spec

Unfortunatelly when I'm trying to change the folder names like you said with root browser I am getting an error "Operation Failed" and yes I am root.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
You can do it in the TWRP. Do you know how?

Not really... I can't see all those folders in TWRP's file explorer

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Ok I had to mount them, now I can see them. I have changed all the folders and even my boot animation has changed to Huawei's. My Phone is RNE-L21 again ! I'm on RNE-L21C432B120 build according to about phone. Thank you very much sir ! :)

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I forgot to mount them.. it's all set now :)
Can you tell me one more thing ? I'm on 432 Firmware and 738 cust atm is that right ? If so, then what if I get an OTA update ? What's gonna happen then ?

If you flash all my partitions at moment you are in the 432 CUST not in the 738.
You should avoid all OTA's and disable automatic update. When you get FULL OTA then you can do it.

Serekzolty

Jul 8, 2009
If you start having issues you can flash from here, if not stay with your system:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9ox5vvlj3t4xs/RNE-L21C432B120CUSTC432D004_TWRP_Backup

Related to oeminfo, you don't need mess with that, if your device start working ~100%

NEO went away?

I just reminded myself... when I used DC Phoenix, it flashed the L21C432B120 already so my system should be the same as yours.

Neo went away and I'm RNE-L21 again :) thank you
I'm just facing one issue, I think on cust738 the headphone volume was a lot higher. Is there a way to edit some file so they are louder ?

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I just reminded myself... when I used DC Phoenix, it flashed the L21C432B120 already so my system should be the same as yours.

I'm just facing one issue, I think on cust738 the headphone volume was a lot higher. Is there a way to edit some file so they are louder ?

Remember that you downgrade from B150 to B120, if you have only this issue you are a luck guy :D:D:D:D
Be patient, the FULL OTA or 8 is at least 3 months of distance. :p:p:p:p

Reactions: agheyew

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
1. see this link: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
2. copy in the adb cartel this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
3. Uninstall the supersu if it exists.
4. flash from adb cartel terminal the twrp.img
5. reboot in recovery
6. wipe - format data - yes
7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
8. reboot
10. enjoy ;)
Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

Hello Maniele62!
Have You done this with Windows-10? Finally I will root my Mate 10 Lite, and have only Windows-10 for that, and have read about Driver-Problems on Windows-10, for Fastboot on Huawei-Devices!?
Thanks!

P.s.: You write "Cartel" in Your Tutorial, and I think You mean "folder", or have I understand anything wrong!?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Just a Hint!? In the Developer-Settings is a option for enable/disable Maximal-Volume for Headset-Devices, in case the Volume is to High, and maybe it is enabled on Your Device, and then You have just to disable it, for higher Volume!? But I think this is only for Bluetooth-Headsets! Have You a Cable- or Bluetooth-Headset?

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
Hey, can you share the link of the back up? I need it too. We have the same phone.

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Some links need decrypt key. And dropbox not found.

you can download it directly to MEGA but you have to be patient because it is a large files. if you sure that your device recognized by your computer then try this tutorial command on how to transfer file to your phone from your computer using adb push, This tutorial link maybe will help you. http://www.**********.com/push-pull-files-android-using-adb-commands/

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
Well sorry guys perhaps I was too harsh. After flashing everything except system.img from the guy who uploaded it my phone runs but is stuck on config process. I can't go past it it keeps coming back and my device says is NEO-L21 now....what now ? :)

EDIT: OK I got past it but still it says NEO-L21 and Build number System 5.1.0.98

just flash also the system.img and dont flash the oem and product.

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
Hello Maniele62!
Have You done this with Windows-10? Finally I will root my Mate 10 Lite, and have only Windows-10 for that, and have read about Driver-Problems on Windows-10, for Fastboot on Huawei-Devices!?
Thanks!

P.s.: You write "Cartel" in Your Tutorial, and I think You mean "folder", or have I understand anything wrong!?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Just a Hint!? In the Developer-Settings is a option for enable/disable Maximal-Volume for Headset-Devices, in case the Volume is to High, and maybe it is enabled on Your Device, and then You have just to disable it, for higher Volume!? But I think this is only for Bluetooth-Headsets! Have You a Cable- or Bluetooth-Headset?

Hello Roselanguste!
I have windows 7
Cartel = folder

Reactions: roselanguste

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%
    *** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
    Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
    Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
    Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
    Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
    Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
    Keep the code you will receive;
    At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
    Now type "fastboot reboot".
    copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
    copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
    enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
    Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
    Select the Open command window option here;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    turn off the phone
    hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
    at this point the twrp opens
    - Swipe to allow modification
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all
    A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.