How To Guide [ROOT] Enable 5g, VOLTE and call screening in unsupported countries.

Search This thread

coolsid8

Feb 15, 2011
India
So a weird observation right now.

I have Jio postpaid and I am based out of BLR, India where JIO has officially launched its 5G service.

I have heard people are getting 500Mbps+ speed on the same.

I tried all the above steps, not sure if it is due to that, now my phone shows up a Jio5G network available in manual network selection mode. It actually gets connected to the same but it still shows up as LTE in the network tower. Also, I see a n/w tower improvement and speed increase from ~12Mbps to ~40-50Mbps. Although, this doesn't last for long as it connects back to the Jio4G network and signal becomes worse again.

renzgy

Feb 26, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello Guys

I managed to enable 5G, VOLTE and call screening in Bahrain (Unsupported Country).

Follow the steps below to get these services.

1. Get rooted and install Magisk [Guide Link].
2. Download VOLTE module in magisk to have VOLTE after reboot [Guide Link].
You should have VOLTE now.
3. Download Network Signal Guru [App Link].
  • Give it Root access
  • Click The Three dots and choose Forcing Control
  • Choose [1]SIM 1 (it might be sim 2 for you, depending on which sim u using for mobile data)
  • Choose [3] NR MODE SETTINGS
  • Choose [4]SA+NSA
  • Reboot
You should have 5g now.
4. To get call screening, download and install Market Enabler [APP LINK]. and give it root access.
5. Enable VPN and set it to USA. I used VPN Master with the 7 days trial (Make sure to cancel subscription in Google Play so you dont get charged after the 7 days)
6. Open Market Enabler and select USA.
7. Make sure you have the latest version of the phone app, and join beta if possible.
8. Now while both VPN and Market Enabler is set to USA, clear cache from phone app
9. Open phone app and go settings and you should see Spam and Call Screen. if it didnt show .. just keep clear cache and try again till it show (I had to try multiple times till it worked).

Note: u wont have to have VPN on after this (One time step only), however whenever u reboot ur device or it turns off. Once the phone is ON make sure to do step 6 to not lose call screening.
Hello, this what you mean I'm living in Saudi Arabia which I don't have 5g activated but when I tried this guide from @Merione95

It's working I got sign 5g but when I checked the speed in fast.com still slow internet. well, I think you have different purpose here to activate only spam and call screen which I did your guide. is it correct now screenshot in attached file which I removed my simcard.
Screenshot_20221203-221101.png
Screenshot_20221203-215544.png

Last edited:

xpact

Apr 14, 2010
I will give it a try unfortunately I am having the modem connectivity issue problem with dropping signal and not able to make phone calls.

chmiela21

Jul 21, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Hello from Poland - Carrier - Orange. My Pixel 7 works well with VoLTE and VoWIFI after using this guide. I have November system update. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that there are problems with VoLTE on the latest December release - 13.0.0 (TQ1A.221205.011, Dec 2022). Anyone tried to update and can confirm this?

Reactions: rakanskiy

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
Hello from Poland - Carrier - Orange. My Pixel 7 works well with VoLTE and VoWIFI after using this guide. I have November system update. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that there are problems with VoLTE on the latest December release - 13.0.0 (TQ1A.221205.011, Dec 2022). Anyone tried to update and can confirm this?
both VoLTE and VoWifi work after December update. From Slovakia ;-) Orange / Telekom

renzgy

Feb 26, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Im living in Saudi arabia and i already updated in december firmware but still not working so i rooted my phone so i can install the VoLTE/5G but only noy working for me the call creening option.

Update: Now it's working for me I'm using Nord vpn to enable the call screening and hold for me.
Screenshot_20221207-203722.png

Last edited:

HKFoo

Oct 17, 2017
i’m from indonesia with telkomsel
VoLTE worked but not 5G
I don’t know if this is my provider’s issue as they need us to activate 5G within their app before we can have 5G
And they have a whitelist of selected devices that officially sold in indonesia that can be activate within their app.

Reactions: eddy_nugroz

monik123

Apr 21, 2014
So a weird observation right now.

I have Jio postpaid and I am based out of BLR, India where JIO has officially launched its 5G service.

I have heard people are getting 500Mbps+ speed on the same.

I tried all the above steps, not sure if it is due to that, now my phone shows up a Jio5G network available in manual network selection mode. It actually gets connected to the same but it still shows up as LTE in the network tower. Also, I see a n/w tower improvement and speed increase from ~12Mbps to ~40-50Mbps. Although, this doesn't last for long as it connects back to the Jio4G network and signal becomes worse again.
Can you share the a tutorial how u rooted your pixel, mine is pixel 6 pro from Mumbai and gpay and all other banking apps work after rooting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you point me to more information...? Its related to SafetyNet?
    Well there's an entire thread here about it. Just follow this link
    Hello Guys

I managed to enable 5G, VOLTE and call screening in Bahrain (Unsupported Country).

Follow the steps below to get these services.

1. Get rooted and install Magisk [Guide Link].
    2. Download VOLTE module in magisk to have VOLTE after reboot [Guide Link].
    You should have VOLTE now.
    3. Download Network Signal Guru [App Link].
    • Give it Root access
    • Click The Three dots and choose Forcing Control
    • Choose [1]SIM 1 (it might be sim 2 for you, depending on which sim u using for mobile data)
    • Choose [3] NR MODE SETTINGS
    • Choose [4]SA+NSA
    • Reboot
    You should have 5g now.
    4. To get call screening, download and install Market Enabler [APP LINK]. and give it root access.
    5. Enable VPN and set it to USA. I used VPN Master with the 7 days trial (Make sure to cancel subscription in Google Play so you dont get charged after the 7 days)
    6. Open Market Enabler and select USA.
    7. Make sure you have the latest version of the phone app, and join beta if possible.
    8. Now while both VPN and Market Enabler is set to USA, clear cache from phone app
    9. Open phone app and go settings and you should see Spam and Call Screen. if it didnt show .. just keep clear cache and try again till it show (I had to try multiple times till it worked).

Note: u wont have to have VPN on after this (One time step only), however whenever u reboot ur device or it turns off. Once the phone is ON make sure to do step 6 to not lose call screening.
    These may be the most prominent features missing on Wildcard.

There are more however that need research:

1) LTE Carrier Aggregation is limited to only 2 carriers
    2) LTE 256 qam upload is missing
    3) ENDC NR CA doesnt seem to work (maybe?)

I've tried to crack the 1st point without any success - I presume the /vendor/firmware/carrierconfigs/confseqs "lte_ca_0.common" confseq file (the names are in the headers of the files) includes mnc specific combinations inside of it, so editing of it in some form is required.
    You can do
    Code:
    for file in ./*;echo $file;strings -n5 $file;end
    in the confseqs (or manifests) directory to see all the names in the headers.
    These files luckily do not seem to be signed or encrypted, however they are binary blobs and hence unreadable. I see references to CLZ4 in the header of some of these files, however trying to unlz these files doesn't work, likewise binwalk and other tools detect nothing. Possibly compiled protobufs? Would need to trace through how these files get handled and by what service on the phone.

The second point is doable, /vendor/firmware/carrierconfigs/cfg.db is an sqlite database where carriers get their confseq files assigned. The quickest way to play around with replacing the Wildcard profile for the "unsupported countries" is to edit the regional_fallback table and country_code 0 for another carrier_id from the confnames table. The file can be replaced on the filesystem via creating a simple Magisk module zip. Some of these profiles do have 256 qam upload enabled in them, I used dk_telia (656) and it works fine. This also enabled DSS for 5G, something for which the 5G nvitem toggle in NSG didnt account for.

Third one seems to be active, atleast it reports ENDC NRCA combinations to the network via ue capability messages, however it does not seem to go active when network conditions are met. Hence I assume it is a case similar to the LTE CA one where NRCA would have to be enabled.
    Can you point me to more information...? Its related to SafetyNet?
    Well there's an entire thread here about it. Just follow this link
    could you check your dm please? thank you
    Could this work to enable Call Recording? If so, does anyone know the list of countries where call recording and screening are both supported?