[ROOT] Enable Charging LED

Search This thread

swboland

Jul 8, 2012
Long Island
@StephenMilone made this great app for the Moto X that enables the "secret" charging/notification light. I've tested it on my Maxx, and it worked perfectly. This mod is still in the early stages of development, but works great. Check it out! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602689

Can you please post a picture of this in action?

I've seen the post and the picture with the Moto X LED on behind the earpiece speaker. However, it was said that that LED's original function was to signal charging when the battery was too low to power the screen. I've had my Maxx charging when it was completely drained and there was no LED. I don't have my Maxx rooted so there's no way for me to see what this looks like myself. I'd appreciate seeing what it looks like since, even with active notifications, I get nostalgic for that notification LED from my RAZR HD Maxx.

Thanks

kuz142

Feb 3, 2013

I've seen the post and the picture with the Moto X LED on behind the earpiece speaker. However, it was said that that LED's original function was to signal charging when the battery was too low to power the screen. I've had my Maxx charging when it was completely drained and there was no LED. I don't have my Maxx rooted so there's no way for me to see what this looks like myself. I'd appreciate seeing what it looks like since, even with active notifications, I get nostalgic for that notification LED from my RAZR HD Maxx.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the light on the Maxx looks pretty terrible, nothing like the nice one on the Moto X that's reminiscent of the Razr HD :/ Anyway, here's a picture:
X2G89vc.jpg

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
buzy5ydy.jpg

It does work!

I have a few apologies to make. I didn't think it was true!

Having some issues disabling though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @StephenMilone made this great app for the Moto X that enables the "secret" charging/notification light. I've tested it on my Maxx, and it worked perfectly. This mod is still in the early stages of development, but works great. Check it out! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602689

Thanks

Unfortunately, the light on the Maxx looks pretty terrible, nothing like the nice one on the Moto X that's reminiscent of the Razr HD :/ Anyway, here's a picture:
    X2G89vc.jpg