Root exploit needed for htc EVO gingerbread 2.3.3‎

Search This thread

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
I have been tring to temp root...it worked fine untill the OTA update on june 3rd...i've tried z4root, visionary, & gingerbreak....none seem to work now....can anyone help me out?

cg 112358

Mar 27, 2011
New York
Sweet rom. Can't wait to try it out. You should probably post screenshots of your finished rom.

ah....doesnt get old :p

??????????//

your posting in the wrong forum....get used to it

i think the OP is looking to root after upgrading with the OTA....not a rooted OTA ROM that he can use while already rooted...

LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH TOOL!!! AND IF YOU DONT FIND YOUR PROBLEM....POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION!!!

thats my $.02

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans

.....im tring to get rooted with the 2.3.3 gingerbread ota update from sprint...none of these threads explain how to do so...every root process i've tried havent worked....sorry if i posted the thread in the wrong section

rsmith675

Jul 19, 2009
Hyattsville MD
ah....doesnt get old :p

your posting in the wrong forum....get used to it

i think the OP is looking to root after upgrading with the OTA....not a rooted OTA ROM that he can use while already rooted...

LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH TOOL!!! AND IF YOU DONT FIND YOUR PROBLEM....POST IN THE RIGHT SECTION!!!

thats my $.02

welp according this one he is boned .......
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=838448

tomcat420m

Jan 19, 2010
Port Huron
Umm no if he was rooted properly. Not boot by bout basis. You are OK. Your S-Off. Just would need to put latest Amon RA recovery named PC36IMG.ZIP in root of sdcard. Then let hboot flash it. Then flash rom like normal. Works that what I did

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
Umm no if he was rooted properly. Not boot by bout basis. You are OK. Your S-Off. Just would need to put latest Amon RA recovery named PC36IMG.ZIP in root of sdcard. Then let hboot flash it. Then flash rom like normal. Works that what I did

i never have full root on my phone before the update...i used the temp root process...before i took the OTA update, i rebooted my phone so the temp root was gone and thats when i updated...not knowing that i wouldnt be able to temp root or permenantly root after taking the update...if i would have known...i wouldnt have updated

tomcat420m

Jan 19, 2010
Port Huron
I would say give it a few days. I'm pretty sure someone will have EVO rooting again. Next time I would recommend unrevoked 3/forever.
WWW.unrevoked.com
It is so easy & fast. Root in 5min or less. Still able to unroot later if wanted/needed.

Reactions: marvinlh

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
I would say give it a few days. I'm pretty sure someone will have EVO rooting again. Next time I would recommend unrevoked 3/forever.
WWW.unrevoked.com
It is so easy & fast. Root in 5min or less. Still able to unroot later if wanted/needed.

so after getting unrooted is just as simple as rooting permanently ???

and what do u guys think of this method?? is it worth a try?? not for unrooting but to downgrade from 2.3 back to 2.2
http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks/how-to-unroot-your-htc-evo-4g/

Last edited:

DreamingWolf

Oct 25, 2009
In my cerebral cortex
Reactions: marvinlh

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I can't believe that people are still asking this question. Thread count like 50+ for the same damn question. Face it you screwed up now sit back and wait for someone to bail you out. Next time read then search then search then read

Sent from my EVO rocking Evervolv Gingerbread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well my patience has now run out and i am very upset about their not being a new rooting method. We need a wake up call to the devs to make them understand this is unacceptable to have to wait this long! I think they are like who cares about the evo 4g now that the within and the evo 3d will be out in a week and a half.

Yea me toooooo!

The devs have never bought me dinner, got me laid, washed my car, or even made me a sandwich. All they ever do is greatly enhance our community's devices FOR FREE ON THEIR OWN TIME!

Selfish jerks.

I'm pissed.
    WWW.unrevoked.com

If your looking at unrooting also look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780141 that don't even need computer. Just phone. Yes unrooting looks fairly simple. Have a friend using the method just posted. He going to let me know.

and what do u guys think of this method?? is it worth a try?? not for unrooting but to downgrade from 2.3 back to 2.2
    http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks/how-to-unroot-your-htc-evo-4g/

Worth a try, but I would definitely do a google search and have several RUUs on hand to try in case you get an error (i.e. attempting to load software older than original) with the first one.
    I'm getting the famous "is your firmware too new" message...??? Guess I am screwed too :-( I will never buy an HTC again I'll tell you that for sure....

Every manufacturer locked down this generation of phones and prior, not counting the Nexus line. The move towards unlocked bootloaders is a new development, and one that HTC has signed on to. They haven't delivered yet, but I think it's unfair to say that you'll never buy an HTC phone again over this.

Keep in mind that these are security exploits, and if aside from the fact that we use them to gain root access ourselves, patching them is NOT a bad thing. Malicious software could potentially use them to gain root access as well. That's part of the reason moving towards easily unlockable bootloaders is such a big step. We won't need to have these widely distributed security exploits floating around.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone