Root explorer

Search This thread

Gone2Plaid

Oct 19, 2010
Denver
Super manager worked for me, too. I was using it to browse the /data/app and /system/app folders and move apk's to the system folder. I've just found an easier solution. The latest Titanium Backup Pro now has a "Move to system" option from the long-press menu, and works as advertised.

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

eternalko

Jun 5, 2011
Warsaw
I wanted to edit some system file:

Done it using @Android file@ and @File Expert@. I am not shure.

But I think it was @File Expert@. Mounting, permissions --> edit, save.

Free. Give it a try!

perdita2000

Dec 23, 2009
You can try to use EStrongs File Explorer, there is a root user option in the prefs. I have not had success so far but feel free to give it a try should you feel comfortable with the risk.

ES Explorer root options works fine!!!! For me is the best explorer like app....
Perdita2000

Sent from my Hero using XDA App

davemazo

Jun 23, 2008
Is there any way to paste files into the system/app folder on a non rooted, stock T Mobile phone?

I`ve tried Root Explorer, ES File Explorer and OI File Manager

davemazo

Jun 23, 2008
Thought so. Ah well looks like I`m going to have to read up about rooting.

Hey I was in Bergen last week for the day, nice place.

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Thought so. Ah well looks like I`m going to have to read up about rooting.

Hey I was in Bergen last week for the day, nice place.

Pretty nice and lonely place at the moment as all my friends are in Oslo at Norway Cup :-(

BTW: tryhttp://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/s...de-Newbie-Guide-to-Install-VillainROM-amp-FaQ to root (and install custom Rom, I really recommend it of your gonna root). This guide is awesome :-D
sent with love from me to you

davemazo

Jun 23, 2008
Thanks for the tip I`ll have a look.

I must add though that I have a new Sensation and only found my way here through links trying to find a way to get Car Panel to work which has been removed on my phone. One of the solutions involved copying Car Panel.apk to the system/app folder, hence my question.

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
root explorer

well there are many different root explorers just type in on the android market root explorer and just pick one really but because i live in the uk i have the paid version of root explorer so i dont know much about the other ones:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try super manager in the market it works for me
    there is a root option on ES File Explorer (free app). i have never used it tho, so i can't say if it works at all.
    It works, give it root access and the check the Mount image as.... and it works as a root explorer with all the functionality.
    Just remember to also check the Show hidden files - option.
    Guys after selecting root explorer and mount file system in settings, change you home directory to / and you will be good to go. You can change your home directory in the settings page.

Cheers