[ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G955U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I updated the OP with new method that will hopefully cut down on certain phones bricking. I have no control over why certain phones brick when flashing combination firmware. Its most likely one of the partions over time has gotten corrupted.

Reactions: bradical711

hamdaed22

Dec 21, 2016
g955u after flash v8 boot loader its brick
No boot, does not go to boot loader, does not go to recovery, does not know USB at all, does not exist, help friends

kerta1n

Jan 26, 2021
I updated the OP with new method that will hopefully cut down on certain phones bricking. I have no control over why certain phones brick when flashing combination firmware. Its most likely one of the partions over time has gotten corrupted.

Does this method allow us to install the Android 11 GSI? If not is there any other way to flash some variant of Android 11? Samsung and T-Mobile customer support apparently can't unlock my bootloader remotely so they said I could take it to a Samsung authorized store

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Does this method allow us to install the Android 11 GSI? If not is there any other way to flash some variant of Android 11? Samsung and T-Mobile customer support apparently can't unlock my bootloader remotely so they said I could take it to a Samsung authorized store
There is no bootloader unlock. You are stuck with samsung android 7 if you want root or android 9 stock

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
So recently I got a Samsung Galaxy s8 plus as a backup and it has safestrap already on it. It is super buggy and laggy in my opinion and I would like to restore back to factory stock however every Odin file that I have tried gives me a auth fail.. I don't know what to do if anybody has any kind of information on this that would be great. Not a noob. Which confuses me even more lmfao

beto_91

Mar 13, 2021
It keeps rebooting into Safetrap without giving me an option. I flashed the Nougar zip within Safetrap but it does not work.

Edit. I fixed it. But I can't install Xposed "No Space left in disk"

Last edited:

Emptypng

Feb 27, 2021
It keeps rebooting into Safetrap without giving me an option. I flashed the Nougar zip within Safetrap but it does not work.

Edit. I fixed it. But I can't install Xposed "No Space left in disk"
download the one from the link in the xposed repo, that one let me do it after clearing chrome and stuff with titanium backup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_s8plus_brb1.7z
    BL_G955U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8plus_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

Non Rooted Pie Rom With Safestrap Can Be Found Here
    This method is brought to you entirely by @elliwigy He is the reason for this exploit and method.
    With that being said, Extreme Syndicate Root is now available!

You can be on any version bootloader. This will update you to V7 bootloader
    This method will work if you are on Android 9 Pie but will put you on Android 7 nougat. There is no root for Android 9 Pie
    You will not be able to use normal magisk
    You will not be able to flash custom rom like Lineage or any other AOSP roms
    You cannot flash custom boot images or recovery images such as TWRP
    Odin does not work on some later computers with USB 3.1 chip controllers the only work around is using a USB 2.0 mini hub
    It is your responsibility to make sure you can use adb properly
    Root may break things such as safetynet so deal with it

Disclaimer:

The Extreme Syndicate team and it's affiliates are not responsible for your actions or your device if any issues are to arise. You flash this and utilize these files at your own risk. You have been warned!

The Adventure!:

This is a modified version of @elliwigy Extreme Syndicate Root for S9/N9 modified to work on the SM_G950U/U1 S8

Also, donations/money is not expected or required but if you feel obliged to share what you can then that would be greatly appreciated! Donations keep me on the grind and sometimes can even help me in acquiring other devices to work on. I had issues with Paypal a while back (SamPWND days) and do not have a Paypal account. I do however have a Venmo and Transferwise accounts that work in most situations.

Venmo - http://www.venmo.com/Thomas-Huntington-10

Transferwise - PM @elliwigy for info to donate using Transferwise.

This method is different from the S8 method because original samfail method still works on s8+ so this really is not the Extreme Syndicate Root Method as provided by @elliwigy but to keep the 8 series uniform I will just call it this method

Directions For SM-G950U/U1/W S8 Can Be Found Here
    Directions For SM-N950U/U1/W Note 8 Can Be Found Here

Downloads

COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU8ATG1_FOR_ROOT.7z

Instructions
    Warning!!!
    Hard bricks sometimes happen during these root methods it seems over time certain phones get a corrupted partiton and flashing combination firmware causes a hard brick. So do this at your own risk!!

If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again
    1. Extract COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU8ATG1_FOR_ROOT.7z
    2. Reboot phone to stock recovery and wipe data then from stock recovery reboot to bootloader.
    3. In odin flash the COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU8ATG1_CL12542406_QB33171251_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 in AP slot after done flashing phone will reboot then you need too reboot phone back too download mode.
    4. In download mode flash the USERDATA_G955U_PERSIST_SAFESTRAP.tar.md5 in UserData slot when finished phone will reboot and odin will say failed. Phone will reboot to screen that says update failed or software failed this is fine or your phone may reboot too upload mode. In either case you need to force phone to reboot to recovery. From here just reboot phone.
    5. Phone will reboot by itself once upon second reboot you should see option too enter safestrap you can continue on too booting up phone
    6. You can now copy system img that you want to install too phone and reboot and this time enter safestrap to install your system image

ShoutOuts:

@elliwigy For the method and help and everything else
    @klabit87 - Ditto
    @me2151 - Ditto
    @gsm-CHEN - Ditto
    @mweinbach - For always posting my achievements on the XDA News portal as well as giving me someone to troll sometimes when bored.
    @ShaDisNX255 -
    @TheMadScientist - For testing the method
    @Raymonf for modified odin
    @afaneh92 for safestrap and Magisk system root Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
    @everyone else I am forgetting!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone