• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][FILESYSTEM]Full 500MB SuperSU rooted Root.fs for BlueStacks

Search This thread

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
where is ProgramData folder for windows 7? Its not mentioned in the first post, just for windows vista and xp

I thought it said "Windows Vista and higher" in the OP? ;p

Does anyone know where bluestacks stores the data of its apps? i was editing something in the registry earlier and deleted a few things that turned out to be for bluestacks and now it refuses to open or to reinstall (even if i uninstall it but choose to keep app data)

Same dir as your Root.fs, in a folder named 'Data.sparsefs'...

Only things i really wanna keep from Bluestacks before i start fresh with it are my Kik convos (if you log out of kik it nukes your prev messages) and some data i saved in Bluestack's emulated SD card. anyone? :| if its possible.. all the apps i used to have installed in it, id like to save those :/

Haven't checked how to open the sparse files, though, but iirc it's not a real directory (although it looks like one on Windows), but it's more of an fs-image as well... Don't really have the time to look it up myself right now. ;)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Reactions: Chakkas

Almighty2

Oct 11, 2012
You probably didn't need any hack to your Kindle because by the time you got it working, the hacks were already there in whatever ROM you were using.

Google Play Store does know every model of every single device out there as there is a database, that's what the fingerprint is for.

Google Play Services could care less what dpi a device is as Google Play Services is needed for things like the newer Google+, Hangouts, Maps, Youtube. The dpi thing you're talking about is Google Services Framework and not Google Play Services as Google Play Services is something Google Play installs by itself in /data/app and it's not even in /system/app and something that's optional except for a few of the newer versions of Google apps which wasn't even required until about 6 months ago, about the same time Maps 6.0 came out, when it was required Google Play Services was installed before it would work.

Like I said, by the time you got Play Store to work, it was already working as it was still called Google Android Market when people had problems, see the link above. Device model has nothing to do with it, it's the fingerprint that matters as back in 2009 or so, on the Motorola Droid 1, the one that made Android a major competitor to the iPhone had some stock roms that were leaked by p3droid, market would not display a lot of apps until the fingerprint was changed to a released version of the stock rom. Same thing when Peter Alfonso released Gingerbread ROMs for the Droid 1, it required changing some lines before it will display all apps in Google Play Store. Saying it works and knowing 100% it works is a completely different thing as you will need to search for apps to see if they exist or not. I personally have 500+ apps on each device and the way to tell if it works or not is because a lot of the apps are missing on the devices Play Store when it's shown on
my other devices without problems.

Google no longer has the problem of having to pay back lot's of apps as they used to give you 24 hours but they changed the policy and you can only do a app refund if it's done within 20 minutes. Who said devices were blocked by Play Store? I said not all apps were shown in Play Store until you do the hacks as there are apps that are compatible with the device you have except until you use the correct Play Store fingerprint, it may or may not display all the apps, basically it has to do with how many apps you can see in the Play Store, not the device being blocked. The HP Zeen even after Market/Play Store is installed will see 0 apps, it will see the stuff in other categories but not even 1 app until the the fingerprint was changed in build.prop, read the entire thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805611

Ofcourse Google Play Services has to do with the device, remember what the error is, it says it cannot be installed because of a shared user id, that is the part you keep missing. We are not talking about requirements for it to run but rather installing and there are people with newer devices who ran into this problem too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1219029

See, there you go again, no one said you couldn't change it since I'm sure if you left it as stock, it would say something else other than BlueStacks in Google Play Store under installed device targets. Everyone can change anything but talking defaults here.

How long have you been running BlueStacks 0.7? I ran it since BlueStacks 0.5.x originally came out as a Alpha version in November 2011, not even beta and ever since getting Google Market and later Play Store to work there, it has always identified itself as T-Mobile Samsung GT-1900 and never BlueStacks. I wished it did say BlueStacks in the market because it would have been more easier to identify which device is which. Besides, everyone who had BlueStacks even without it being rooted has had Google Play Store working, we're talking about having Google Play Services aka gms working in 0.7 which is the one no one has gotten working. The others in this thread said they couldn't get Google Play Services working in 0.8 but that works fine for both of us from what I can tell, not sure why it didn't work for them which is what's important. Unless you plan to continue running 0.7 with a working Google Play Services, I have no idea why you are beating a dead horse and avoiding the other more important things like getting the latest CWM Superuser working in 0.8 such as with the updated su binary, being able to su from the terminal and being able to get the prompt when root apps require su access which is what's broken so it's not just SuperSU that's broken, just that SuperSU is harder to install until Bluestacks has a recovery mode as no matter if you use SuperSU or CWM Superuser, there will be some devices that can't install the su binary from the apk and requires installing from recovery, otherwise the apk would not have the option of flashing it in recovery mode when it prompts to install/update the su binary.

Most of my devices other than the HP Zeen and BlueStacks are Google Experience Devices which is also what Google uses for development and I work on the other side of the fence from Google headquarters, NASA Ames as a Astrophysicist so I have friends who work inside Google in development and ofcourse they wouldn't disclose everything.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Only things i really wanna keep from Bluestacks before i start fresh with it are my Kik convos (if you log out of kik it nukes your prev messages) and some data i saved in Bluestack's emulated SD card. anyone? :| if its possible.. all the apps i used to have installed in it, id like to save those :/

Steps To Find SD Card in your PC
Access the Windows Registry by going to Start >> Run and type in 'regedit' and hit Enter. This opens up the Registry Editor.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Andr oid\ SharedFolder\0.
Path shows the folder where it's located. I've only put a apk from root explorer inside BS and from mines, the apk has a different filename but still with the apk extension.

Actually, this link might include more helpful info:
http://7labs.heypub.com/tips-tricks/bluestacks-sd-card-internal-memory-ram.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Chakkas

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
You probably didn't need any hack to your Kindle because by the time you got it working, the hacks were already there in whatever ROM you were using.

Dude, it's the stock ROM, I didn't flash any other Android on it. I rooted and modded the one that was on it completely by myself, so anything done to it was done by me. So I know what's been done and what hasn't and I didn't mod anything for Google Play, since that was one of the first things I added after rooting. The exact procedure I used was putting Play Store and the GoogleSyncAccounts-apk in /system/app with root explorer and installing the Play Services in data/app with the Android build-in Installer. Maybe there was another file involved, which I'm forgetting at this time, but I can asure you, nothing was changed to the Android itself, certainly nothing camera-related.

Google Play Store does know every model of every single device out there as there is a database, that's what the fingerprint is for.

Correction, Google knows every model device out there it has encountered. Android is open source, People like you and I can make Android-devices, if we had the tools for it. In that thought, there are thousands of cheap Korean a.o. Android devices created new every day, I would think it to be very hard to be able to have a list of every possible device. And it would take an infinite longer and longer time every time it had to check your model against it's ever growing list...

Google Play Services could care less what dpi a device is as Google Play Services is needed for things like the newer Google+, Hangouts, Maps, Youtube. The dpi thing you're talking about is Google Services Framework and not Google Play Services as Google Play Services is something Google Play installs by itself in /data/app and it's not even in /system/app and something that's optional except for a few of the newer versions of Google apps which wasn't even required until about 6 months ago, about the same time Maps 6.0 came out, when it was required Google Play Services was installed before it would work.

lol! Did you just say Play Store doesn't look at your dpi? Why does 90% of all Play Store hacks only do 1 thing then? Fake a dpi. :p dpi is actually one of the main things it looks at to see f your device is compatible with apps. ;)

Like I said, by the time you got Play Store to work, it was already working as it was still called Google Android Market when people had problems, see the link above. Device model has nothing to do with it, it's the fingerprint that matters as back in 2009 or so, on the Motorola Droid 1, the one that made Android a major competitor to the iPhone had some stock roms that were leaked by p3droid, market would not display a lot of apps until the fingerprint was changed to a released version of the stock rom. Same thing when Peter Alfonso released Gingerbread ROMs for the Droid 1, it required changing some lines before it will display all apps in Google Play Store. Saying it works and knowing 100% it works is a completely different thing as you will need to search for apps to see if they exist or not.

First of all: it required another dpi setting, you could set your dpi to something arbitrary or just 1 off and you'd have that effect... Just try it, and then you'd need to reset the dpi to something standard to get all the apps back... And second, I'm sorry, but the Vending.apk I first installed on my Kindle Fire was the Market and not the Play Store,... It even had the green shoppingbag back then. This due to me picking the wrong zip file in a list of downloads, selecting a very old copy instead of the freshly downloaded,... It did however work, and on first reboot even update itself to Play Store. I then copied the new play store over the old Market I originally placed in /system/app and haven't had any problems since...

I personally have 500+ apps on each device and the way to tell if it works or not is because a lot of the apps are missing on the devices Play Store when it's shown on my other devices without problems.

Try setting your dpi to 160, 240 or 320 on the ones that don't show those apps ;)

Google no longer has the problem of having to pay back lot's of apps as they used to give you 24 hours but they changed the policy and you can only do a app refund if it's done within 20 minutes.

Even more reason not to sell apps that are questioned to work on your device.

Who said devices were blocked by Play Store? I said not all apps were shown in Play Store until you do the hacks as there are apps that are compatible with the device you have except until you use the correct Play Store fingerprint, it may or may not display all the apps, basically it has to do with how many apps you can see in the Play Store, not the device being blocked. The HP Zeen even after Market/Play Store is installed will see 0 apps, it will see the stuff in other categories but not even 1 app until the the fingerprint was changed in build.prop, read the entire thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=805611

You did say the backwards facing camera was a requirement (as in 'it does not work without'), although my Play Store works on devices without one out of the box. No hacks, no magic.

Ofcourse Google Play Services has to do with the device, remember what the error is, it says it cannot be installed because of a shared user id, that is the part you keep missing. We are not talking about requirements for it to run but rather installing and there are people with newer devices who ran into this problem too.

There's installing, and installing... ;) Google Play Store isn't just any app you can just 'install'.

See, there you go again, no one said you couldn't change it since I'm sure if you left it as stock, it would say something else other than BlueStacks in Google Play Store under installed device targets. Everyone can change anything but talking defaults here.

Defaults now are that GT-I9100, as we've all agreed, I'm just saying it's not there because of the Play Store... That works whatever you put there.

How long have you been running BlueStacks 0.7? I ran it since BlueStacks 0.5.x originally came out as a Alpha version in November 2011, not even beta and ever since getting Google Market and later Play Store to work there, it has always identified itself as T-Mobile Samsung GT-1900 and never BlueStacks. I wished it did say BlueStacks in the market because it would have been more easier to identify which device is which. Besides, everyone who had BlueStacks even without it being rooted has had Google Play Store working, we're talking about having Google Play Services aka gms working in 0.7 which is the one no one has gotten working.

I joined in at 0.6.3, eventually always got Play Store to work, but as I mentioned before, it gave much more problems in 0.7 (and below). It has always been identified as BlueStacks here, and Since 0.8.x I got a new device saying T-Mobile GT-I9100, which was my first experience with the fake SII. :p Thought it was funny, but didn't really question it at the time.

The others in this thread said they couldn't get Google Play Services working in 0.8 but that works fine for both of us from what I can tell, not sure why it didn't work for them which is what's important. Unless you plan to continue running 0.7 with a working Google Play Services, I have no idea why you are beating a dead horse and avoiding the other more important things like getting the latest CWM Superuser working in 0.8 such as with the updated su binary, being able to su from the terminal and being able to get the prompt when root apps require su access which is what's broken so it's not just SuperSU that's broken, just that SuperSU is harder to install until Bluestacks has a recovery mode as no matter if you use SuperSU or CWM Superuser, there will be some devices that can't install the su binary from the apk and requires installing from recovery, otherwise the apk would not have the option of flashing it in recovery mode when it prompts to install/update the su binary.

Flashing in recovery mode can be done in Terminal Emulator if you know a little bit of UNIX, though. install.zip's are just zips with files and an install script not much unlike an sh-script, which can just be done yourself inside of Android (you'll have to reboot after it though. :p). The recovery install is for devices with a locked root.fs filesystem, but that's not the case with BlueStacks as long as you use the unlocked initrd.img ;p

Most of my devices other than the HP Zeen and BlueStacks are Google Experience Devices which is also what Google uses for development and I work on the other side of the fence from Google headquarters, NASA Ames as a Astrophysicist so I have friends who work inside Google in development and ofcourse they wouldn't disclose everything.

Yeah, Google isn't fragmented at all and everybody knows every hack to any Google thingie over there... Suurrreee... :p Excuse me for that not making any impression as I know how deep the fragmentation of Google goes and you don't even seem to know DPI is an important part (but definitely not the only, as location plays a part too, and since for short if the device is a tablet or not) of the decision if apps are compatible or not. ;) (As seen here.) (even though 90% of all Android apps are scalable,...)

EDIT: Oh, and for the new SuperSU, I've been meaning to get to it, but as you can see at the time between my reply's, I nearly have just enough time to check my browser for updated sites. Even now I do have a bit of free time, but I've also been awake since yesterday morning (a little over 38 hours right now). It being 1:48am here now, I should actually say awake since 2 days ago, but it hasn't been 48 hours yet (and I hope it won't become either :p).
I did try once, to no avail, but I think I overlooked to do some things as I didn't really have the time for it then either. :D

EDIT BIS: I had an idea of what was wrong as to why SuperSU can't update, so instead of going to bed, I reinstalled the last SuperSU with binaries in a new rooted BlueStacks, holding in mind what I thought was wrong. After booting my first time rooted, not only did root work as it should, the /system mount was actually mounted read-only again with a modded rw initrd.img, meaning Android now even gets access to the su binary while booting, like on any regular rooted device. (Before /system always just mounted rw) This makes me believe that this could also be the reason it couldn't update itself. Can't say for sure of course, until it updates again, but I hope it's fixed now and it will be able to update by itself... Worst case scenario I fixed the su access on boot anyway, so fingers crossed... ;p

The new SuperSU v1.80 BS v0.8.2.3018 rooted files are uploading as I'm writing this, so expect them in a few. ;)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu ;)

Last edited:

vn00914361

Dec 24, 2010
Westminster
I got this message though

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 79

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
I got this message though

So, again, I just now removed my BlueStacks completely, rebooted, reinstalled it, replaced it with these files uploaded now and it still works, so... Maybe you could post ANY information?

- U got the last files (the update of 30 nov with the su binaries of v1.80)?
Does it come with the Nova Launcher and Root Explorer installed? (because that's the last one, if you still have the BS launcher, you have the wrong file...)
- U replaced them in the right folder?
- BS wasn't running when you did?
- Did you just update a previous install? (If you did, an older version of SuperSU may be installed in data/app, taking priority over system/app.)

I really don't know how it's possible when you have the only files changed exactly the same as me and you don't have root, while I do,...

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Attachments

• rootedBS.PNG
    rootedBS.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Almighty2

Oct 11, 2012
I never said it wasn't the stock ROM but you were calling it Google Play which meant it had to be 2012, the Kindle Fire existed way before then and people hacked it almost as soon as it came out. Google Play Services was not a requirement for certain Google apps until earlier 2013 when it will take you back to Google Play to install it.

This link already tells you what needs to be done to get Google Play Store on the Kindle Fire HD which is just 3 files, Google Market, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store although if you read the comments, newer versions of the stock rom already have Google Services Framework and all the person needed was the Google Play Store apk, not even Market is needed.
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-...le-play-store-on-the-kindle-fire-hd-50010454/

BlueStacks 0.7 and my HP Zeen are such devices but Google Play Services won't install on them because of the shared user id problem. BlueStacks 0.8 doesn't have this problem as there were trouble tickets filed on that issue.

They are doing some type of check when you connect to it. There might be thousands or even millions of devices but that doesn't mean they can't just all base it on the same platform and then when authenticating with Google Play, it will make it think it's that device. And they do have a list except one is a public list and one is a database which is kept on their servers:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1397129?hl=en
and this is the device list:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1727131?topic=1100168

See, there is where your problem is. You keep talking about Google Play Store looking at the dpi which is in build.prop, it is not in Google Play Services, GPS is more for apps after you install it as you can install Maps or Youtube for example, but the newer versions that came out about 1/2 year ago will tell you that it requires Google Play Services after you had installed it. The dpi part is also in Google Services Framework which is not the same as Google Play Services which I think is what you are getting mixed up as Google Services Framework is required for Google App and Google Play, Google Play Services is required more for the apps when you try to run it as Google Play works fine without Google Play Services. As you can even see here, with CM, there are gapps depending on the dpi of your device and the only file that is different is the GoogleServiceFramework.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Since you keep talking about dpi, why dont you try setting the dpi to the ones you mentioned and see if these apps ever shows up on bluestacks or your Kindle Fire or any device of your choice that is not a phone:

friend trusted, lyft, sidecar, shopkick, uber

And while on the subject, here is a post that shows what changing the fingerprint does on a Kindle Fire...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1423184

so the dpi might show you more apps but it's the fingerprint that will show you the protected apps as well as give you full market access. the dpi might be more for showing you apps that has higher dpi requirements but it won't show you the protected apps which are two different things altogether. Not to mention that unless you are in the US, what you see is never 100% of all apps available anyways. The fingerprint tells it what version of Android you are using and what hardware you have.

This explains it better:
http://androidforums.com/spica-all-...ected-app-market-fix-tutorial-build-prop.html

and this explains exactly what the fingerprint does:
http://chall32.blogspot.com/2010/06/android-market-fingerprints-demystified.html
which could mean that first you have to get the fingerprint which is how many maximum apps it gives the device access to and then the dpi might be based on that app list, it will include only those apps that meet that dpi requirement as a secondary filter since remember things can be filtered by multiple levels.

I never said a backwards facing camera was a requirement, just a camera was and in your case, no matter which device you have as they all have cameras, I'm sure all of them are more popular than the HP Zeen which was the point you keep missing as you don't have a non-camera device to test out the theory and BlueStacks emulates devices which has cameras. The HP Zeen does not even have a stock ROM so if you brick it, there is no recovery method at all as the closest thing was someone getting ahold of some files on their update server which installs just the base OS and then it requires a OTA before one will have all the functions again as it's not a standard Android tablet but rather, it has stuff that controls the printer such as scanning, faxing and printing and basically if HP takes the files offline, you will have a useless brick which can't be said about other devices as there is always a stock ROM you can just reflash.

Google Play Store doesn't require anything more than copying just like the other stuff in Gapps and as long as you can get the google account part working, the Google Play Store will work. Google Play Services is the one that will either install or it won't.

The defaults as the GT-I9100 is because of the /data/.bluestacks.prop file which exists only on BlueStack. But what's strange is some people said their default device changes everytime they uninstall and then reinstall BlueStacks which I have never done since all I ever do is upgrade the existing install and even for rooting, all I do is replace the initrd.img and the Root.fs file. What I was trying to say was why did BlueStacks choose the GT-I1900 as the default device unless that's the device they are using as a reference. So there is always a chance BS selects a different device randomly when you install from scratch, meaning there is no existing install when you install it. As it seems it's always some Samsung device with different model numbers.

The thing may be it's BS that isn't fully open as rooted compared to other devices as you can try manually copying the files to the various location which really only requires the Superuser management program's apk and the su binary but for whatever reason, it doesn't work when you manually do it but it works fine when you put the file into the Root.fs image.

I never said DPI wasn't important but it will only get you so far as the fingerprint is what gives the identity of what your device is capable of or not.
Using your link, read it carefully: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.playstorefix

Where does it say Google Play Services is involved in the dpi portion? Read my previous post and I said you are configuring Google Play Services with Google Services Framework, the later which is the one that is dpi dependent with versions before Android 3.0. The other thing is unless you have experienced a device where it doesn't show any apps at all and then having to change the fingerprint before it works, you don't have that experience because what you're talking about is things are already working but you're just changing the dpi just to get access to apps requiring a certain dpi because of the developers requirement. This is different when even basic things don't show up in Google Play and when I mean basic, I mean things like Gmail for example.

I'm not talking about the new SuperSU but rather the new CWM Superuser that's on Google Play as a few others can't get SuperSU to work and so far, no one has figured out why because you are using 32bit Windows XP and I'm using 64bit Windows 7 so we can rule out it's due to it being 64 bit as the reason it doesn't work although you have to wonder how BlueStacks is able to work on both 64bit and 32bit while Portable Ubuntu doesn't.

I really don't have time to even read the forums since I'm still trying to go through the last 4 years of emails which is over 160,000 and am only able to go through about 1,000 emails daily and ofcourse every time when you reply, I always get 2 emails because one is the notification and the 2nd one is saying I've been quoted so it's time consuming having to come back to read and then respond and also finding the links. So the dpi thing is harder to test because there isn't any apps that aren't showing up for me for apps that require Android 4.2+ but fingerprinting in build.prop is one way how people got full access to market and things can always change internally. As can be seen here, Market Helper which emulates another devices fingerprint so it will see more apps in the market has the Kindle Fire HD as one of the devices you can emulate so now you know why the Kindle Fire HD is a supported device as far as Google Play Store goes as it's Amazon who doesn't want to give you access to Google Play but Google knows that device meets the requirements since both the Nook and Kindle are popular devices:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...ted-user-should-know-about-part-7-apps-50-57/

Maybe you can post the process of how you got the last SuperSU working from within BS itself. My BlueStacks always has /system mounted read-only though which is how it is on other Android devices so not even sure how you were able to boot with /system on rw because even when I run root explorer, it will ask if I want to mount /system as r/w when I try to change something in /system. But if what you saying is correct, wouldn't installing CWM's Superuser also run into the same problem as I can go from the rooted SuperSU to CWM's Superuser without problems except the su binary in the newer version's has some bug in it so that's a CWM Superuser issue and not a BlueStacks issue. It's not too hard to test the su binary thing though since all you have to do is install CWM's Superuser with the apk I've attached in a earlier post which is the same version you had in the earlier BS 0.8 and then open the apk and let it install the su binary. After that, run the SuperSU 1.80 which is still installed and see if the su binary installs and if it fails, just replace the Root.fs again. I'll update this post in 5-10 minutes to see if I can get the SuperSU 1.80 su binary to install after I get CWM Superuser 1.0.2.1 working, this is the last version of CWM that has a working su binary, notice I said working su binary because the newer versions installs but as reported in Google Play Store, the apk doesn't prompt and running su in the shell will get a permission denied after some time, probably timed out because of the apk.

Just finished downloading the new package with the 1.80 SuperSU you provided. I'm installing over the previous BlueStacks running SuperSU v1.65 which you provided and then just doing the following on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate:
1) Run "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe"
2) Replace the existing initrd.img and Root.fs files by copying over the existing one in C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Android with the ones from the downloaded archive which have the date/timestamps of November 29, 2013 for both while the timestamp is 7:12PM for initrd.img and 8:14pm for Root.fs, atleast for Pacific Standard Time PST/GMT-800.
3) Started BlueStacks and first thing I did was launch Root Explorer, /system is mounted as read-only but you also fixed the problem where a long press in Root Explorer shows the menu instead of it going back to whatever launcher with the previous SuperSU 1.65 archive. Actually, that may be because it's using the Root Explorer included in Root.fs instead of the one I had installed which I installed during BS 0.7 as there are two versions of Root Explorer 3.1, one is for 3.0+ and one is for verisons 2.1-2.3.4, the later is what I had installed in /data/app which is weird as the system only registers the one in /system/app which is 2.14.2 instead of the 3.1, probably because Android is smart enough to pick the apk based on the API as the 3.1 is for 2.1-2.3.4, see attached and you will know what I mean. Looks like the Root Explorer included is pretty old as there is no change of owner/group as that was something I suggested to the author of Root Explorer by email on March 6, 2011:
"Greetings:

I have some suggestions of features for root explorer to add:

1) There should be a option to allow changing the owner/group of a file/directory
2) For permissions, there should be a option to do the S or s flag which is needed for some files/directories
3) There should be a option of what directory to extract to and the option to create the directory if it doesn't exist.

Thanks!

in which the reply was:

Hello <name>,
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I’ll add these to the to-do list and hopefully at least numbers 1 and 2 will be implemented quite soon.
Cheers,
Colin"

In any case, I replaced the Root Explorer apk in /data/app and now it's seeing both the one in /system/app and /data/app and using the one in /data/app.

4) Running SuperSU v1.80 from the launcher works fine, apps can prompt it for root access and su works in terminal
5) Running CWM's Superuser 1.0.2.1 and letting it install the su binary which also works for prompting for root access and su works in terminal.
At this point, the SuperSU icon is missing from the launcher but the apk is still in /system/app so back to Google Play to install SuperSU v1.80.
After installation, opening SuperSU v1.80 prompts updating the su binary so I choose the regular method of install and in less than 1 second flat, it says installation failed for the su binary.
Replacing the Root.fs as the initrd.img still has the original time/datestamps. This time it uses the Root Explorer 3.1 I have installed but the same problem exists, long press sends it back to whatever launcher I use instead of displaying the menu. There is a work around as one can just select the file and then click on the menu button. Seems like it's a bug with Root Explorer v3.1 which works correctly with my other devices, both Android 2.x and 3.0+ as 3.1.4 works correctly in BlueStacks and this is the change log:

v3.1.2
• New themes (available in preferences). Light, light with dark action bar and home wallpaper (including live wallpaper).
v3.1.3
• Updated to use latest Android SDK (4.4) and Google Drive SDK.
• General performance and stability improvements.
• Fixed bugs reported since last release.
v3.1.4
• A couple more bug fixes. Thanks for your help in tracking these down.

Last edited:

Almighty2

Oct 11, 2012
So, again, I just now removed my BlueStacks completely, rebooted, reinstalled it, replaced it with these files uploaded now and it still works, so... Maybe you could post ANY information?

- U got the last files (the update of 30 nov with the su binaries of v1.80)?
Does it come with the Nova Launcher and Root Explorer installed? (because that's the last one, if you still have the BS launcher, you have the wrong file...)
- U replaced them in the right folder?
- BS wasn't running when you did?
- Did you just update a previous install? (If you did, an older version of SuperSU may be installed in data/app, taking priority over system/app.)

I really don't know how it's possible when you have the only files changed exactly the same as me and you don't have root, while I do,...

Not sure what to suggest except one of us probably has to remote into his system or something to help as you can't replace the files if BS was running as I forgot to stop BS running a few times before and it doesn't let me replace the files. So assuming he has the correct files with the Nova Launcher and he doesn't have a SuperSU apk in /data/app, then not sure what is wrong unless his file transfers has the files corrupted when he downloaded as this happened before when Microsoft had their Windows betas available which shows the file received 100% but it was a corrupted image and redownloading fixed the problem as tcp/ip doesn't have CRC checks like people did when they downloaded from BBSes directly which is probably a reason to provide a MD5 just in case.

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
Not sure what to suggest except one of us probably has to remote into his system or something to help as you can't replace the files if BS was running as I forgot to stop BS running a few times before and it doesn't let me replace the files. So assuming he has the correct files with the Nova Launcher and he doesn't have a SuperSU apk in /data/app, then not sure what is wrong unless his file transfers has the files corrupted when he downloaded as this happened before when Microsoft had their Windows betas available which shows the file received 100% but it was a corrupted image and redownloading fixed the problem as tcp/ip doesn't have CRC checks like people did when they downloaded from BBSes directly which is probably a reason to provide a MD5 just in case.

I'm gonna stop the whole discussion about the Play Store, since it's going nowhere and it actually doesn't matter that much, and also there seems to be some sort of loss in understanding eachother's statements, so nm... ;)

On this next thing, I do agree that MD5's may be a good addition to the uploaded files and I will add them ASAP so ppl can check they downloaded what I upped.
EDIT: And done. ;)

...like people did when they downloaded from BBSes directly which is probably a reason to provide a MD5 just in case.

Haha, I still have a dial-in- & telnet-BBS running, though, with 16bit doors and everything. ;D I miss those days. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Last edited:

EniHS

Jun 7, 2011
Unfortunately it is not working for me either.

Just installed Bluestacks, closed it, downloaded the files, replaced in the right folder and there is no root access. It has Nova and root explorer, but root checker says it is not rooted and I can't open SuperSU.

Any help?

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
Unfortunately it is not working for me either.

Just installed Bluestacks, closed it, downloaded the files, replaced in the right folder and there is no root access. It has Nova and root explorer, but root checker says it is not rooted and I can't open SuperSU.

Any help?

Again, all I did was take Root.fs and the initrd.img, change them, put them back, so even when changing them, all I did to my install was replace the 2 files with my 2 files, which are in the 7z, and I have root.

But also, again: Could you give more information? Like is there a 'su' binary in '/system/xbin' ? (is there a file named 'su' in that folder (you should be able to look in that folder, even without root), and what are it's permissions, owner and group? And is it the same as the other files in that folder?)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Chakkas

Aug 23, 2013
I love how Bluestacks is updating regularly and fixing its issues bit by bit :D previously it was when who knows when

Btw, for all those who arent getting root, have you considered replacing root.fs and initrd.mg while in Windows's safe mofe? i had issues trying to replace them normally so i did it in safe mode then rebooted and voila, i had root

You may have to install Bluestacks from scratch first and have a normal clean version of it first before you do that though...

vblues

Oct 8, 2007
I love how Bluestacks is updating regularly and fixing its issues bit by bit :D previously it was when who knows when

Btw, for all those who arent getting root, have you considered replacing root.fs and initrd.mg while in Windows's safe mofe? i had issues trying to replace them normally so i did it in safe mode then rebooted and voila, i had root

You may have to install Bluestacks from scratch first and have a normal clean version of it first before you do that though...

You don't have to overwrite those files in Windows Safe mode if you kill all the BlueStacks processes.

noxxle

Jan 26, 2012
When searching for " ro ", I get two results (below). Which do I change to " rw "?

*edit*

#first:

try_mount ro $1 /mnt && [ -e /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img ]
[ $? -ne 0 ] && return 1
zcat /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img | cpio -id > /dev/null

#second:

Options: ro (read-only mount), force, remove_hiberfile, locale=,
uid=, gid=, umask=, fmask=, dmask=, streams_interface=.
Please see the details in the manual.

Last edited:

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
When searching for " ro ", I get two results (below). Which do I change to " rw "?

*edit*

#first:

try_mount ro $1 /mnt && [ -e /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img ]
[ $? -ne 0 ] && return 1
zcat /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img | cpio -id > /dev/null

#second:

Options: ro (read-only mount), force, remove_hiberfile, locale=,
Please see the details in the manual.

Yeah, I saw that today too, that's new. I just changed both now and as I'm a perfectionist I changed 'only' to 'write' as well. :p Dunno if the second one is necessary, though...

The new version is online!

EDIT: DO NOT CHANGE THE
Code:
Options:  ro (read-only mount), force, remove_hiberfile, locale=,
          Please see the details in the manual
ONE! BlueStacks won't boot if you change the second one!. ;)

And btw:
You don't have to overwrite those files in Windows Safe mode if you kill all the BlueStacks processes.

Doesn't Windows 7 have backups of certain files while running some processes in winsxs? If it does, it could be that it runs them from that location until you reboot...

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu ;)

Last edited:

draiyan

Dec 5, 2011
Cebu City
Current rooted version: 0.8.3.3026
!!!UPDATE 07DEC13!!! -> With SuperSU v1.80!

Code:
[URL="http://cur.lv/5atkp"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][U]Both files 7zip'd - ADrive[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

[URL="http://cur.lv/5atb6"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]Both files 7zip'd - FileDropper[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

[URL="http://bit.ly/1bP5VjD"]MD5 Checksum[/URL]: 0f199f0f353e701a7b9c535098b243b3
Please excuse me trying to get something out of the trouble, though. ;p

~ Nephatiu ;)

Hi, do i need to download both files???

draiyan

Dec 5, 2011
Cebu City
No, they're mirrors of eachother. You get to choose which one and the 7z contains the 2 files. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Thanks man!:highfive:

just last 3Qs, how can i migrate my data files from my old bluestacks? my apps, games, data.. everything. like save files from games.. this seems my biggest hurdle updating.

and i have this problem on BS(old version 0.8.0), it says my SD card isnt mounted, how will i get it mount?

lastly, do i need to install the fresh BS from the bluestacks? or i can just download ur files right away and do overwrites?

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu

np. ;)

just last 3Qs, how can i migrate my data files from my old bluestacks? my apps, games, data.. everything. like save files from games.. this seems my biggest hurdle updating.

I dunno, you could try saving the data.sparsefs, but I don't know how compatible it is with newer versions of BlueStacks,... I suppose it should work, but haven't tried it. I personally use BS for testing, and intentionally without anything saved on it I want to keep, so I can do clean reinstalls.

and i have this problem on BS(old version 0.8.0), it says my SD card isnt mounted, how will i get it mount?

There's no mounting it in your Settings > Storage ? If not, I suppose either your BS install or your sdcard.sparsefs-files are corrupted. Try first saving the 2 sparsefs dirs, doing a clean reinstall and putting them back. If it's not solved then, it's probably corrupted anyway...

lastly, do i need to install the fresh BS from the bluestacks? or i can just download ur files right away and do overwrites?

Normally it is advised to install a fresh install to use the latest updates to the framework, but I haven't tried how far back you can use Root.fs files, so it's worth a try.
I'd suggest editing your own initrd.img yourself, since you have another layout in it if it's the 0.8.0 one. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current rooted version: 0.8.3.3026
    !!!UPDATE 07DEC13!!! -> With SuperSU v1.80!

Here are the rewritable rooted filesystem-files for BlueStacks. Easy if you want to install BlueStacks for development reasons and don't want to go through the trouble of rooting it yourself. ;)
    I'll try to keep it updated as they make their updates, but since they don't really announce them, forgive me if I skip some. :silly:
    It's also allowed to point me out there's a new version, I'll probably get to it faster that way. :p

Anyway,

Usage:
    Install BlueStacks
    Quit Bluestacks completely.
    - (By clicking on their tray icon and selecting Quit, or by running the HD-Quit.exe)
    Go to your BlueStacks-ProgramData directory
    - (In Windows Vista and up it's: x:\ProgramData\BlueStacks)
    - (In Windows XP it'll be: x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks)
    Unpack and replace Root.fs and initrd.img with the 2 files in this 7zip
    Restart BlueStacks
    If "Installer" asks root access, give it root access... ;p

Done! ;)

Code:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5atkp"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'ADrive' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

Mirrors:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5atb6"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'FileDropper' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5blid"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5blth"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'MediaFire' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5bpjr"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'Android File Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

---

[URL="http://bit.ly/1bP5VjD"]MD5 Checksum[/URL]: 0f199f0f353e701a7b9c535098b243b3
    Please excuse me trying to get something out of the trouble, though. ;p

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Then, for the noobs that just can't get it working and the limitless downloaders who just don't look at filesize, next, I give you the full 'Android' directory! 7zipped while not running, these files are a certainty that all should work, because they come with /system and /data together and are meant to replace your own. All your own apps and settings (not your backupz to SD) will have gone after doing the following, so it's only recommended when you're planning to start anew anyway or when you just can't get the root into it for some reason... Or maybe you planned ahaed and backed everything up anyway... ;p These files are certain to give you not only SuperSU-root access, but also a Play Store ready to use and as a bonus a full Debian Linux (Jessie) installed underneath it. (This is why it's so much bigger. ;p)

A little info on the linux:
    Debian's root password is set to "bluestacks", and it's also the password for the "BlueStacks" user. You can change these without any problems. You can also just enter Debian Linux by opening the installed Terminal. I already preset it to do this. ;) I also used the none standard Terminal app so you can use the normal one for your own purpouses without constantly fiddling and swapping with it's settings. ;p

So, just kill BlueStacks completely and swap the contents of this 7z with the contents of your ProgData-BlueStacks-Android dir (except for the missing sdcard.sparsefs, of course). ;)
    It should be located here:
    - For XP: x:\documents and settings\all users\application data\BlueStacks\Android
    - For Vista, 7, 8,...: x:\programdata\BlueStacks\Android
    (x marks the drive your windows is installed on. ;))
    And restart BlueStacks.

Code:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5d4xj"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'ADrive' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)

[URL="http://cur.lv/5dbr7"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'FileDropper' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dct9"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download Part 1 of the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (311.5MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dcyx"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download Part 2 of the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (310.8MB)
    [URL="ttp://cur.lv/5d51y"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'MediaFire' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dciu"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Android File Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)

---

[URL="http://bit.ly/JbVniG"]MD5 Checksum (Full File)[/URL]: 5763bf8f96d4f4990494d4bab1b2fd0b
    [URL="http://bit.ly/18mVKlB"]MD5 Checksum (Part 1)[/URL]: 32ee4dc23717c2c5878dfdf125231fe1
    [URL="http://bit.ly/Jg3v1H"]MD5 Checksum (Part 2)[/URL]: 7a989a027454786ab45fe4eb6d3917b7

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

And btw, if you want to try it yourself, I always write down my steps taken, so here they are: ;)

Rooting BlueStacks as I did it:

For this you will need the following programs:
    BlueStacks (of course)
    IOBit Uninstaller
    7zip
    Notepad++
    Portable Ubuntu
    I used Windows XP x86, but I added the info for higher windows versions and x64 windows versions as well)
    x marks the drive your windows is installed on. ;)

Winkey-R (Run) "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (or "%Programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" for x64);

Kill HD-LogRotatorService.exe in Task Manager;

I used IOBit Uninstaller because I hate waiting on the Windows internal one and it does a lot more stuff we need done.
    (If you want it and haven't already, get IOBit Uninstaller here!);

Uninstall BlueStacks with IOBit Uninstaller;
    Choose to scan for remaining stuff and delete all of the findings;
    Uninstall BlueStacks Notification Center
    When it asks to keep all data and userfiles, say no;

Delete x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacksSetup (or x:\ProgramData\BlueStacksSetup in Vista or higher)
    ('BlueStacks' dir has been removed by clicking 'yes' in uninstall, if not, remove it as well);

If you can't delete hyperviser.log, you'll have to reboot first, then delete the BlueStacks folder before you'll be able to continue. ;)

Re-install BlueStacks
    (If you haven't already, get BlueStacks here!);

Download "busybox-i686" from this site and rename it to "busybox";
    Download SuperSU in flash zip format from this site.
    Inside this zip is more then just SuperSU. Unzip these files to "c:\pubuntu":
    (out of zipped directory "/common":)
    - "Superuser.apk";
    - "install-recovery.sh";
    - "99SuperSUDaemon";
    (out of zipped directory "/x86":)
    - "su";

Open Superuser.apk with 7zip, extract the files "/assets/chattr.x86.png" and "/assets/supersu.x86.png to any temporary directory, rename the files to "chattr.arm.png" and "supersu.arm.png", re-insert them (by dragging them back to the still open 7zip) and replace the other 2 png-files.
    (If you haven't already, get 7zip here!);
    Close 7zip and save;

Open x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks (or x:\ProgramData\BlueStacks in Vista or higher);
    Open "initrd.img" with 7zip;
    Unpack "initrd" to any temporary dir;
    Open "initrd" with Notepad++
    (If you haven't already, get Notepad++ here!);
    Search for " ro " (including the spaces, not the quotationmarks)
    There should be two results, change the first to " rw "
    - Hint: It's not the one which starts with "Option: ro (read-only",
    It's the one that resembles 'try_mount ro $1 /mnt && [ -e /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img ]'. ;P
    ;
    Save "initrd" and close Notepad++;
    Drag it back into the 7zip application where "initrd.img" is still open and overwrite existing "initrd";
    Close 7zip;

Then you'll need Portable Ubuntu
    (If you haven't already, get Portable Ubuntu here!);
    NOTE: Portable Ubuntu does not work on x64 Windows, so if you're not running an x86 Windows, you'll need to use a Linux box or vm (with shared folders) here instead.

- If you have Windows installed on any other drive than C, do the following, if it's installed in C, skip this:
    - Open Ubuntu Portable folder;
    - Go to the "config" subfolder;
    - Edit the file "portable_ubuntu.conf";
    - Under the line: "shared_folder0=c:\" add "shared_folder1=x:\" (where x is still the drive your windows is on);
    - Save "portable_ubuntu.conf" and exit Notepad++;

Open Portable Ubuntu;
    Open the terminal window once it's fully loaded;

Do the following in the exact order:

Code:
    sudo su
    (pubuntu's password is '123456')
    mkdir /n
    mkdir /n/rootfs
    mkdir /n/sfs
    mkdir /n/img

[B]- If windows was on C:[/B]
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    [COLOR="Gray"](or for Vista and up:
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    )[/COLOR]

[B]- If not:[/B]
    [I]e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    [COLOR="Gray"](or for Vista and up:
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    )[/COLOR][/I]

mount -o loop /n/rootfs/android/system.sfs /n/sfs
    cp /n/sfs/system.img /n/rootfs/android
    e2fsck -f -y /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    resize2fs -f /n/rootfs/android/system.img 480M
    umount /n/sfs
    rm /n/rootfs/android/system.sfs
    rmdir /n/sfs
    mount -o loop /n/rootfs/android/system.img /n/img
    mkdir /n/img/bin/.ext
    mkdir /n/img/etc/init.d
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/xbin/su
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/Superuser.apk" /n/img/app/SuperSU.apk
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/install-recovery.sh" /n/img/etc/install-recovery.sh
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/99SuperSUDaemon" /n/img/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/busybox" /n/img/xbin
    echo 1 > /n/img/etc/.installed_su_daemon
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/bin/.ext
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/xbin/su
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    chmod 777 /n/img/bin/.ext
    chmod 6755 /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    chmod 6755 /n/img/xbin/su
    chmod 6755 /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    chmod 755 /n/img/etc/install-recovery.sh
    chmod 755 /n/img/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
    chmod 644 /n/img/etc/.installed_su_daemon
    chmod 644 /n/img/app/SuperSU.apk
    umount /n/img
    rmdir /n/img
    chown 0:2000 /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    chmod 0644 /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    umount /n/rootfs
    rmdir /n/rootfs
    rmdir /n
    exit
    exit

Shutdown Portable Ubuntu;
    Boot BlueStacks;
    Install custom launcher like ADW, Go or Apex (Superuser app does not show up in BlueStacks' Launcher);
    Install Root Explorer;
    Move custom launcher from "/data/app" to "/system/app";
    Reboot BlueStacks;
    You can now safely remove apps like "Launcher2.apk" and "new_Home.apk" and other original launcher related stuff.

Enjoy and grtz,

~ Nephatiu ;)
    thanks...
    you are great. :good:
    Appreciate your hard work.:highfive: :D

Guys, i recommend checking out this Rooter instead http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49516424 its much easier, and works with any version of BlueStacks, and its easy!

I dont think the author will update his prerooted image so the rooter seems like a better solution for future BlueStacks versions
    If possible could the root files be compressed before theyre uploaded by any chance in .7z? it would half the download size from 500MB to around 256MB, im sure the many with sucky internet speeds would appreciate it >.<

Hope you enjoyed le trip ~

Good idea. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place... :p

Ah, well, I'll 7zip them and up them again,... ;)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

np. ;)

I dunno, you could try saving the data.sparsefs, but I don't know how compatible it is with newer versions of BlueStacks,... I suppose it should work, but haven't tried it. I personally use BS for testing, and intentionally without anything saved on it I want to keep, so I can do clean reinstalls.

There's no mounting it in your Settings > Storage ? If not, I suppose either your BS install or your sdcard.sparsefs-files are corrupted. Try first saving the 2 sparsefs dirs, doing a clean reinstall and putting them back. If it's not solved then, it's probably corrupted anyway...

Normally it is advised to install a fresh install to use the latest updates to the framework, but I haven't tried how far back you can use Root.fs files, so it's worth a try.
    I'd suggest editing your own initrd.img yourself, since you have another layout in it if it's the 0.8.0 one. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu
    Can you explain the steps to root my version manually instead of downloading a 500mb file, if not possible then can you please provide a mirror since Adrive gives Public File Busy error all the time to me?

Thanks

Edit:
    Never mind, ignore it. Got it now. Although it's better if you could provide mirrors for others as Adrive is giving problems. I had to download using a premium downloader.

Still want instructions, then? :confused:
    Cause I wrote down the steps I took, so I could easily paste them here (and adapt them a little for others to read, of course. :D).

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu