[ROOT][FILESYSTEM]Full 500MB SuperSU rooted Root.fs for BlueStacks

Search This thread

draiyan

Dec 5, 2011
Cebu City
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Google Play Store comes installed with the latest BlueStacks,... It should ask you to set up your Google-account and 1-Click Sync when searching something it doesn't find, and after that you should have the Play Store activated.

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

so i need to do that before doin the root(extracting the files to programdata)?
what I did is, install fresh bluestacks. then extracted the root files right away. and restart bluestacks.

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
so i need to do that before doin the root(extracting the files to programdata)?
what I did is, install fresh bluestacks. then extracted the root files right away. and restart bluestacks.

Isn't there a Play Store button in the App Drawer? Cause normally it should be in '/data/app', which I do not provide. (My 7zip only contains everything in /system).

You could maybe try moving the Play Store's apk from '/data/app' to '/system/app' and then rebooting BlueStacks, but that's just a wild guess. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

draiyan

Dec 5, 2011
Cebu City
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Isn't there a Play Store button in the App Drawer? Cause normally it should be in '/data/app', which I do not provide. (My 7zip only contains everything in /system).

You could maybe try moving the Play Store's apk from '/data/app' to '/system/app' and then rebooting BlueStacks, but that's just a wild guess. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Hi, sad to say there isnt a play store app in the drawer, in my case. I tried doing a fresh install of non rooted BS, did some setup, then i saw a play store app, then I installed/extracted the root files, after restarting the bluestacks, i cant see the play store app nor there is no setup that pop out.

there is no play store app in the data/app
attachment.php

i guess the only way is to push the app?
dont i need google framework systems for that?
if you could please uplaod for me the needed files.

for the other users, am I the only one having this problem?

Attachments

• blue.png
    blue.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 820

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
Hi, sad to say there isnt a play store app in the drawer, in my case. I tried doing a fresh install of non rooted BS, did some setup, then i saw a play store app, then I installed/extracted the root files, after restarting the bluestacks, i cant see the play store app nor there is no setup that pop out.

there is no play store app in the data/app
attachment.php

i guess the only way is to push the app?
dont i need google framework systems for that?
if you could please uplaod for me the needed files.

Very strange, indeed. Anywho, just download any market and put it in your data/app folder with Root Explorer, or maybe even first just try installing it the regular way, since it runs from data/app normally anyway.

Anyway, I've changed the OP and added a second set of links to a new 7zip containing not only the rooted Root.fs and initrd.img, but it also contains everything else in the BlueStacks/Android folder, except for the SDcard.sparsefs (which you can keep your own for backups and such).
These new files also contain a fully working and on boot loading Debian Linux which is accessable by just opening the provided preconfigured Terminal app. (Which isn't the one everyone uses, so you can use the popular one for regular Android-linux access, if you like. ;p)
Already installed and working on the internal BlueStacks Debian Linux are stuff like screen, irssi, sudo, andromize, (of course) aptitude,... And 'apt-get install build-essential' will get you the needed files to even compile stuff on it. ;p
Replacing all the files with the files in the second new 7zip will delete all your personal settings and apps installed at this time and you'll need to start over. You can however first use something like Titanium Backup or something alike and restore your apps and settings afterwards, since the only thing remaining yours is the virtual SDcard, Titanium should have no problems before or after replacing the files. You will need to reinstall the app of course, but all backups you make should remain. ;)
In theory, you could then use BlueStacks as a Portable Linux on x64 Windows for anything, except of course for the rooting of BlueStacks, since you're already running it then. :D

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sedariya11

Chakkas

Aug 23, 2013
Ive found the solution to making backups for apps and their data when say you want do do a fresh install of Bluestacks or just want to make a backup of your apps + their data.

For this you will need a file manager (personally i recommend this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.clean, however any file manager would work) and most importantly this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup (Helium Backup)

Get the app from the play store and let it install, when done open it, it will list all your apps, choose what apps you want to backup by marking their checkbox, when done at the very bottom it will show a checkbox saying "app data only" untick that box, because if you leave it ticked it will only backup the data of the apps but not the app itself and youll be forced to download the app manually yourself. when done with that press the button called "Backup" it will start backing up your apps+data to a folder called "carbon" on Bluestack's emulated SDCard.

Using a file manager navigate to the SDCard and copy that carbon folder to one of the shared folders Bluestacks lists so that you can have those folders on Windows (by default, Bluestacks shows you your Documents, Pictures, and Music folder of Windows in the subfolder of the SDCard called "bstfolder") , once done you should be able to see a folder called "carbon" on your computer in the folder you copied it to.

Now you may delete, uninstall, or do anything you want with Bluestacks because your apps+data are backed up. if you want to restore your data from that backup, first make sure you reinstalled Helium Backup to Bluestacks and a file manager too. With the file manager copy that "carbon" folder back to the root of the SDCard. open Helium Backup and on the top of it there will be a tab called "Restore", click on it and it should now list all the apps that you backed up previously.

Note: If you want you can also make Helium Backup make backups to your Dropbox/Box/Google Drive account instead of the SDCard if you get the premium version of it (thats what i use)

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Also, for all those getting an issue with apps in Bluestacks opening and closing randomly, it seems to be solved by having the Google Play Services installed (cant completely confirm this though) to get the google play services you have to install an app that includes it such as the official Youtube .apk, you can get that from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23189362627840301

Also, for all those who dont see see Bluestacks listing Google Play, then simply get the Google Play .apk from here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973351 to install it, simply double click it and Bluestacks will install it for you.

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
Yeah, I've found that folder the hard way... I was deleting everything off of the internal BS SD-card and when it got to that folder, I saw my entire Documents folder go along with it. :/

And no, I don't have backups, since I'm always short of space (even with my current 5TB,... :p), so, yeah,... I'm going to curse myself for a future while now, everytime I will search for something and then remember that it was in My Documents,... Grmbl... :p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Reactions: Chakkas

Chakkas

Aug 23, 2013
Yeah, I've found that folder the hard way... I was deleting everything off of the internal BS SD-card and when it got to that folder, I saw my entire Documents folder go along with it. :/

And no, I don't have backups, since I'm always short of space (even with my current 5TB,... :p), so, yeah,... I'm going to curse myself for a future while now, everytime I will search for something and then remember that it was in My Documents,... Grmbl... :p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu
Dont beat yourself up on it :p Bluestacks is a confusing thing anyways, could have happened to anyone, especially since Bluestacks's team doesnt document a thing about their own app so we have to learn the hard way to do things...

Btw, if someone wants to add their own folder to be a shared folder for Bluestacks you can do so by opening RegEdit, find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > BlueStacks > Guests > Android > SharedFolder, theres several subfolders it will show that its making available as shared ones, you can change one of the ones it lists to a custom folder of your choice and it should be available the next time you restart Bluestacks

Chakkas

Aug 23, 2013
Hi, i'm getting a strange error.
All the time, when I'm using one app, the app closes and it's go back to the desktop.
Sometimes the entire bluestacks freezes,
Here a screencast of the error:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnonKdRpDy8

Thanks!
Id love to know why that happens too... Chrome for android, Nova Launcher, and Apex all make that happen to Bluestcaks and it has to be restarted, the Bluestacks staff ignored my q wheen i asked them about it, could it be because of an ARM translation bug?

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
Id love to know why that happens too... Chrome for android, Nova Launcher, and Apex all make that happen to Bluestcaks and it has to be restarted, the Bluestacks staff ignored my q wheen i asked them about it, could it be because of an ARM translation bug?

Hasn't happened to me yet, though... Does everybody have this problem?

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

manthos1978

Mar 15, 2012
Thessaloniki
So, again, I just now removed my BlueStacks completely, rebooted, reinstalled it, replaced it with these files uploaded now and it still works, so... Maybe you could post ANY information?

- U got the last files (the update of 30 nov with the su binaries of v1.80)?
Does it come with the Nova Launcher and Root Explorer installed? (because that's the last one, if you still have the BS launcher, you have the wrong file...)
- U replaced them in the right folder?
- BS wasn't running when you did?
- Did you just update a previous install? (If you did, an older version of SuperSU may be installed in data/app, taking priority over system/app.)

I really don't know how it's possible when you have the only files changed exactly the same as me and you don't have root, while I do,...

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

I made clean installation 3 times and still no luck making my BS root. ofc after unistall i reboot my pc
1. downloaded newest file from post no1
2. installed bs from official website
3. placed the 2 files on programdata/bluestacks/android/ and i replace the old file
4. im 100% that BS wasnt running even on the icon area
5. su binary still not working...

Dunno what else to do...

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu
I made clean installation 3 times and still no luck making my BS root. ofc after unistall i reboot my pc
1. downloaded newest file from post no1
2. installed bs from official website
3. placed the 2 files on programdata/bluestacks/android/ and i replace the old file
4. im 100% that BS wasnt running even on the icon area
5. su binary still not working...

Dunno what else to do...

Just out of curiosity,... Normally you can read (but not write) /system without root, so could you open a Terminal window in BlueStacks and go to /system/xbin, then type: 'ls -l' (LS -L in lowercase ;p) and check if the file 'su' is there and if it's user and group are 'root' and 'system'?

Then,...

You could maybe try the second 7zip I added a few days ago a bit lower in the first post. It contains everything but the SDcard, so it should undo anything set in dalvik cache or data-data. If even that doesn't work, I'm going to assume the problem lies with a setting or software in your OS somewhere as there would be nothing in your BS that differs from mine. Virusscanners, firewalls, Windows Defender, any other usual suspect,...
I can't check, since I'm against virusscanners, so I don't have any, same goes for Windows Defender, and my firewall is not on this pc... ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

manthos1978

Mar 15, 2012
Thessaloniki
Just out of curiosity,... Normally you can read (but not write) /system without root, so could you open a Terminal window in BlueStacks and go to /system/xbin, then type: 'ls -l' (LS -L in lowercase ;p) and check if the file 'su' is there and if it's user and group are 'root' and 'system'?

Sorry i will post screenie cause this looks a bit chinese to me :p

2a9bhwi.jpg

If i need to choose a diffirent path to press the command u told me, please guide me :)

Last edited:

Nephatiu

Sep 13, 2011
Tienen
www.ggtm.eu

Well, you see that 'su' file in that list. It's the only one modified on the 7th of December and has the right owner (root) and the right group (yeah I know, it was 'shell', not 'system'. ;p). It's also clearly bootable and suid'ed (the S in RWS stands for: run with root permissions for all users). Even the filesize is right, so I can confirm that this 'su' file you see there is the SuperSU v1.80 su-binarie and that is the right place it should be.
I was actually hoping on any of these things to be incorrect to see where the error lies, but apparently to no avail. :(

Here's a screenshot of my /system/xbin dir in BS, btw, showing the exact same thing (if you don't count the colored terminal. ;p)

BSsubins.PNG

So I'm still puzzled by this mindboggling situation,...

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current rooted version: 0.8.3.3026
    !!!UPDATE 07DEC13!!! -> With SuperSU v1.80!

Here are the rewritable rooted filesystem-files for BlueStacks. Easy if you want to install BlueStacks for development reasons and don't want to go through the trouble of rooting it yourself. ;)
    I'll try to keep it updated as they make their updates, but since they don't really announce them, forgive me if I skip some. :silly:
    It's also allowed to point me out there's a new version, I'll probably get to it faster that way. :p

Anyway,

Usage:
    Install BlueStacks
    Quit Bluestacks completely.
    - (By clicking on their tray icon and selecting Quit, or by running the HD-Quit.exe)
    Go to your BlueStacks-ProgramData directory
    - (In Windows Vista and up it's: x:\ProgramData\BlueStacks)
    - (In Windows XP it'll be: x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks)
    Unpack and replace Root.fs and initrd.img with the 2 files in this 7zip
    Restart BlueStacks
    If "Installer" asks root access, give it root access... ;p

Done! ;)

Code:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5atkp"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'ADrive' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

Mirrors:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5atb6"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'FileDropper' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5blid"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5blth"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'MediaFire' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5bpjr"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download both files 7zip'd from 'Android File Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (269.3MB)

---

[URL="http://bit.ly/1bP5VjD"]MD5 Checksum[/URL]: 0f199f0f353e701a7b9c535098b243b3
    Please excuse me trying to get something out of the trouble, though. ;p

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Then, for the noobs that just can't get it working and the limitless downloaders who just don't look at filesize, next, I give you the full 'Android' directory! 7zipped while not running, these files are a certainty that all should work, because they come with /system and /data together and are meant to replace your own. All your own apps and settings (not your backupz to SD) will have gone after doing the following, so it's only recommended when you're planning to start anew anyway or when you just can't get the root into it for some reason... Or maybe you planned ahaed and backed everything up anyway... ;p These files are certain to give you not only SuperSU-root access, but also a Play Store ready to use and as a bonus a full Debian Linux (Jessie) installed underneath it. (This is why it's so much bigger. ;p)

A little info on the linux:
    Debian's root password is set to "bluestacks", and it's also the password for the "BlueStacks" user. You can change these without any problems. You can also just enter Debian Linux by opening the installed Terminal. I already preset it to do this. ;) I also used the none standard Terminal app so you can use the normal one for your own purpouses without constantly fiddling and swapping with it's settings. ;p

So, just kill BlueStacks completely and swap the contents of this 7z with the contents of your ProgData-BlueStacks-Android dir (except for the missing sdcard.sparsefs, of course). ;)
    It should be located here:
    - For XP: x:\documents and settings\all users\application data\BlueStacks\Android
    - For Vista, 7, 8,...: x:\programdata\BlueStacks\Android
    (x marks the drive your windows is installed on. ;))
    And restart BlueStacks.

Code:
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5d4xj"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'ADrive' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)

[URL="http://cur.lv/5dbr7"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'FileDropper' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dct9"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download Part 1 of the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (311.5MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dcyx"][COLOR="DarkBlue"][U]Download Part 2 of the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Dev-Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (310.8MB)
    [URL="ttp://cur.lv/5d51y"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'MediaFire' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)
    [URL="http://cur.lv/5dciu"][COLOR="Red"][U]Download the BlueStacks Androdebian Project from 'Android File Host' here[/U][/COLOR][/URL] (622.3MB)

---

[URL="http://bit.ly/JbVniG"]MD5 Checksum (Full File)[/URL]: 5763bf8f96d4f4990494d4bab1b2fd0b
    [URL="http://bit.ly/18mVKlB"]MD5 Checksum (Part 1)[/URL]: 32ee4dc23717c2c5878dfdf125231fe1
    [URL="http://bit.ly/Jg3v1H"]MD5 Checksum (Part 2)[/URL]: 7a989a027454786ab45fe4eb6d3917b7

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

And btw, if you want to try it yourself, I always write down my steps taken, so here they are: ;)

Rooting BlueStacks as I did it:

For this you will need the following programs:
    BlueStacks (of course)
    IOBit Uninstaller
    7zip
    Notepad++
    Portable Ubuntu
    I used Windows XP x86, but I added the info for higher windows versions and x64 windows versions as well)
    x marks the drive your windows is installed on. ;)

Winkey-R (Run) "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (or "%Programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" for x64);

Kill HD-LogRotatorService.exe in Task Manager;

I used IOBit Uninstaller because I hate waiting on the Windows internal one and it does a lot more stuff we need done.
    (If you want it and haven't already, get IOBit Uninstaller here!);

Uninstall BlueStacks with IOBit Uninstaller;
    Choose to scan for remaining stuff and delete all of the findings;
    Uninstall BlueStacks Notification Center
    When it asks to keep all data and userfiles, say no;

Delete x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacksSetup (or x:\ProgramData\BlueStacksSetup in Vista or higher)
    ('BlueStacks' dir has been removed by clicking 'yes' in uninstall, if not, remove it as well);

If you can't delete hyperviser.log, you'll have to reboot first, then delete the BlueStacks folder before you'll be able to continue. ;)

Re-install BlueStacks
    (If you haven't already, get BlueStacks here!);

Download "busybox-i686" from this site and rename it to "busybox";
    Download SuperSU in flash zip format from this site.
    Inside this zip is more then just SuperSU. Unzip these files to "c:\pubuntu":
    (out of zipped directory "/common":)
    - "Superuser.apk";
    - "install-recovery.sh";
    - "99SuperSUDaemon";
    (out of zipped directory "/x86":)
    - "su";

Open Superuser.apk with 7zip, extract the files "/assets/chattr.x86.png" and "/assets/supersu.x86.png to any temporary directory, rename the files to "chattr.arm.png" and "supersu.arm.png", re-insert them (by dragging them back to the still open 7zip) and replace the other 2 png-files.
    (If you haven't already, get 7zip here!);
    Close 7zip and save;

Open x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BlueStacks (or x:\ProgramData\BlueStacks in Vista or higher);
    Open "initrd.img" with 7zip;
    Unpack "initrd" to any temporary dir;
    Open "initrd" with Notepad++
    (If you haven't already, get Notepad++ here!);
    Search for " ro " (including the spaces, not the quotationmarks)
    There should be two results, change the first to " rw "
    - Hint: It's not the one which starts with "Option: ro (read-only",
    It's the one that resembles 'try_mount ro $1 /mnt && [ -e /mnt/$SRC/ramdisk.img ]'. ;P
    ;
    Save "initrd" and close Notepad++;
    Drag it back into the 7zip application where "initrd.img" is still open and overwrite existing "initrd";
    Close 7zip;

Then you'll need Portable Ubuntu
    (If you haven't already, get Portable Ubuntu here!);
    NOTE: Portable Ubuntu does not work on x64 Windows, so if you're not running an x86 Windows, you'll need to use a Linux box or vm (with shared folders) here instead.

- If you have Windows installed on any other drive than C, do the following, if it's installed in C, skip this:
    - Open Ubuntu Portable folder;
    - Go to the "config" subfolder;
    - Edit the file "portable_ubuntu.conf";
    - Under the line: "shared_folder0=c:\" add "shared_folder1=x:\" (where x is still the drive your windows is on);
    - Save "portable_ubuntu.conf" and exit Notepad++;

Open Portable Ubuntu;
    Open the terminal window once it's fully loaded;

Do the following in the exact order:

Code:
    sudo su
    (pubuntu's password is '123456')
    mkdir /n
    mkdir /n/rootfs
    mkdir /n/sfs
    mkdir /n/img

[B]- If windows was on C:[/B]
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    [COLOR="Gray"](or for Vista and up:
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    )[/COLOR]

[B]- If not:[/B]
    [I]e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs3/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    [COLOR="Gray"](or for Vista and up:
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs3/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /n/rootfs
    )[/COLOR][/I]

mount -o loop /n/rootfs/android/system.sfs /n/sfs
    cp /n/sfs/system.img /n/rootfs/android
    e2fsck -f -y /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    resize2fs -f /n/rootfs/android/system.img 480M
    umount /n/sfs
    rm /n/rootfs/android/system.sfs
    rmdir /n/sfs
    mount -o loop /n/rootfs/android/system.img /n/img
    mkdir /n/img/bin/.ext
    mkdir /n/img/etc/init.d
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/xbin/su
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/Superuser.apk" /n/img/app/SuperSU.apk
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/install-recovery.sh" /n/img/etc/install-recovery.sh
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/99SuperSUDaemon" /n/img/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/busybox" /n/img/xbin
    echo 1 > /n/img/etc/.installed_su_daemon
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/bin/.ext
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/xbin/su
    chown 0:2000 /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    chmod 777 /n/img/bin/.ext
    chmod 6755 /n/img/bin/.ext/.su
    chmod 6755 /n/img/xbin/su
    chmod 6755 /n/img/xbin/daemonsu
    chmod 755 /n/img/etc/install-recovery.sh
    chmod 755 /n/img/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon
    chmod 644 /n/img/etc/.installed_su_daemon
    chmod 644 /n/img/app/SuperSU.apk
    umount /n/img
    rmdir /n/img
    chown 0:2000 /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    chmod 0644 /n/rootfs/android/system.img
    umount /n/rootfs
    rmdir /n/rootfs
    rmdir /n
    exit
    exit

Shutdown Portable Ubuntu;
    Boot BlueStacks;
    Install custom launcher like ADW, Go or Apex (Superuser app does not show up in BlueStacks' Launcher);
    Install Root Explorer;
    Move custom launcher from "/data/app" to "/system/app";
    Reboot BlueStacks;
    You can now safely remove apps like "Launcher2.apk" and "new_Home.apk" and other original launcher related stuff.

Enjoy and grtz,

~ Nephatiu ;)
    thanks...
    you are great. :good:
    Appreciate your hard work.:highfive: :D

Guys, i recommend checking out this Rooter instead http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49516424 its much easier, and works with any version of BlueStacks, and its easy!

I dont think the author will update his prerooted image so the rooter seems like a better solution for future BlueStacks versions
    If possible could the root files be compressed before theyre uploaded by any chance in .7z? it would half the download size from 500MB to around 256MB, im sure the many with sucky internet speeds would appreciate it >.<

Hope you enjoyed le trip ~

Good idea. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place... :p

Ah, well, I'll 7zip them and up them again,... ;)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu
    Thanks man!:highfive:

np. ;)

just last 3Qs, how can i migrate my data files from my old bluestacks? my apps, games, data.. everything. like save files from games.. this seems my biggest hurdle updating.

I dunno, you could try saving the data.sparsefs, but I don't know how compatible it is with newer versions of BlueStacks,... I suppose it should work, but haven't tried it. I personally use BS for testing, and intentionally without anything saved on it I want to keep, so I can do clean reinstalls.

and i have this problem on BS(old version 0.8.0), it says my SD card isnt mounted, how will i get it mount?

There's no mounting it in your Settings > Storage ? If not, I suppose either your BS install or your sdcard.sparsefs-files are corrupted. Try first saving the 2 sparsefs dirs, doing a clean reinstall and putting them back. If it's not solved then, it's probably corrupted anyway...

lastly, do i need to install the fresh BS from the bluestacks? or i can just download ur files right away and do overwrites?

Normally it is advised to install a fresh install to use the latest updates to the framework, but I haven't tried how far back you can use Root.fs files, so it's worth a try.
    I'd suggest editing your own initrd.img yourself, since you have another layout in it if it's the 0.8.0 one. ;p

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu
    Can you explain the steps to root my version manually instead of downloading a 500mb file, if not possible then can you please provide a mirror since Adrive gives Public File Busy error all the time to me?

Thanks

Edit:
    Never mind, ignore it. Got it now. Although it's better if you could provide mirrors for others as Adrive is giving problems. I had to download using a premium downloader.

Still want instructions, then? :confused:
    Cause I wrote down the steps I took, so I could easily paste them here (and adapt them a little for others to read, of course. :D).

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu