How To Guide [ROOT] [FLASH STOCK]

Search This thread

R41N MuTT

DISCLAIMER:
Please post failures and successes. Keep it relevant, everything else to the DMs please. It makes it easier for others to Q&A. Everyone thanks you for your understanding.

***IF YOU ARE NEW BEWARE!!! BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING MAKE A BACKUP. LET THIS APPLY TO EVERYTHING. WHENEVER THE OPTION TO BACKUP IS AVAILABLE IT WOULD BE WISE TO DO SO. FAILURE TO BACKUP YOUR DEVICE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF DATA***

ALL LINKS ALLOWED, APPROVED AND/OR UTILIZED BY XDA. SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE DEVS WHO CREATED THE TOOLS WITHOUT WHICH THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. I DIDN'T BUILD ANY SOFTWARE MENTIONED IN THIS POST. IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, DO NOT BLAME ME. I'M NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO IT, BUT NARRATING A GUIDE TO HOW I DID IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
REVVL V+ 5G TMOBILE VARIANT ANDROID 11

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING LOSING WIFI AFTER ROOT, AS HAVE I. I HAVE NOT YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX THIS. I'M THANKFUL FOR ANY ASSISTANCE. FLASHED STOCK BOOT_A DIDN'T FIX IT, ONLY FLASHING BACK TO STOCK ROM. ON ANOTHER IDENTICAL PHONE DIDN'T LOSE WIFI. YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE. LOOKING INTO IT, NO PROMISES

Without further ado, let's start at the unboxing.

1) PREP PHONE:
power on. navigate to settings>about phone and tap "build number" seven times to enable developer options.
navigate to settings>system>developer options and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM unlock"
FIRST disconnect the device from your comp THEN power the device off.

2) DONWLOAD PYTHON & DRIVERS:
Python
BE SURE TO TICK THE BOX THAT SAYS ADD PYTHON TO PATH and install.
Download and install mediatek drivers from here:
Mediatek USB drivers
Download and install UsbDk from here:
UsbDk
Download MTK client from here:
MTK client
and extract to the desktop. Open the folder and move everything to
C:>Users>[username]>AppData>Local>Programs>Python>Python310
In the 310 directory press Alt + D to highlight your directory path and type CMD and hit enter. This opens a command prompt in the Python310 directory.
In cmd type this command without "":
"python setup.py install"
Go make a sandwich. Preferably turkey with mustard.
When you finish your sandwich, come back and type this command without "":
"python -m pip install -r requirements.txt"
Do not exit the command window.

3) BOOT INTO B ROM MODE:
This is kind of tricky when you don't know it. The screen will will be black. Sometimes, the device will not even vibrate. There's no sunbathing android, no "No Command", no fastboot, no download mode, no recovery- nothing, nada, zip, zilch, goose egg.
Make sure you unplug the device entirely from charger and pc BEFORE you power off. Now that you properly powered off, hold ONLY BOTH volume + - keys while you connect it to your PC. Try to be quick about it. DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER KEY. Continue to hold the volume keys until you know your device connected. When you hear your device connected jingle immediately let go. The screen will remain blacked out and unresponsive. It's normal.
Let's make sure we did it right. Enter the following command without ":
"python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc"
Disconnect and power on. If the device has been reset, then you have confirmation.

4) PREP PHONE AGAIN (STEP 1):

5) UNLOCK BOOTLOADER:

Enter the following command without ":
"python mtk da seccfg unlock"

~To relock the bootloader in the future use command "python mtk da seccfg lock". If you flash a custom recovery/ROM and want to return to stock, then you must unroot with magisk first, then flash stock ROM with SP flash tool at the end of this post~

Power on. On the splash screen you will see system type:
"Orange State
Your device is corrupted. Device has been unlocked and cannot be trusted. Press Power key to boot.
Will Reboot in 5 seconds
."
This will happen each time you boot the device because your bootloader is now unlocked.

6) PREP PHONE AGAIN (STEP 1):

7) ENABLE ADB FASTBOOT COMMANDS:

Download sdk platform tools here:
sdk platform tools
Extract.
Navigate to the platform tools folder and type Alt+D to highlight directory and type CMD to open a cmd window in platform tools.
Connect device to pc and choose file transfer.
"adb devices"
A prompt will appear on your phone, click allow.
Enter the following command (again) without ":
"adb devices"
First you'll see a random, arbitrary number. Second time you should see your device serial number and "Authorized", "Allowed", or "Device".
Keep this cmd window open.

8) DOWNLOAD MAGISK AND PATCH BOOT IMG:
Download Magisk from here:
Magisk
Move it to your phone and install. You'll need to allow the installation from unknown sources.

Download firmware from here:
T-Mobile_REVVL_V%252B_5G.zip

Unzip and move boot_a to the downloads folder on your phone.
On your phone, open Magisk and click install and choose boot_a.
Make sure magisk_patched file is in your phone's download folder.

In your platform tools cmd window enter the following command without ":
"adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[numbers].img"

9) ENTER FASTBOOT MODE:
Disconnect device and power off. Hold Vol - and power to enter fastboot mode.
Connect device to PC.

10) ACHIEVE ROOT:
***NOTE: IN THIS STEP YOU MUST LOCATE THE PATCHED FILE ON YOUR PC AND COPY AS PATH. PASTE IT IN THE CMD WINDOW IN PLACE OF "[path to patched file]"***
In the platform tools cmd window enter the following command without ":
"fastboot flash boot [path to patched file]"

Now that you've achieved root, you can play around a little bit. But be careful what you go deleting if you get debloat happy like me and delete your NVRAM & wifi. Just in case you do, here's how to return to stock.

NVRAM backup. This video makes it look easy as pie. (It IS easy)
NVRAM Backup Tutorial
Now we have to bypass DA else SP flash tool will not be able to flash ROM.
Open cmd window and type the following without "":
"python -m pip install pyusb pyserial json5"
Then, update by entering the following command without "":
"python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip"

Download LIBUSB:
LIBUSB

Run LIBUSB Win 32 filter installer and select Mediatek driver

Enter B ROM mode and connect to PC
Navigate to bypass tool and open "brom.bat"
Close cmd...

Run "flash_tool.exe" in sp flash folder
Options>options>connection tick UART

That's it. Now you can flash with sp flash without encountering error

Here is a helpful link that came from a senior mod:
mtk tool

Download SP Flash tool here:
SP Flash
Extract and launch flash_tool application

Download scatter mt6833 here:
MT6833_scatter.txt

Download bypass tool from here:
bypass tool

download rom2box:
rom2box

Download OTA and use a payload dumper to extract boot and scatter. You can also get DA, but it does nothing. You must bypass DA in order to flash ROM.
OTA

THIS SECTION IS FOR LATER REFERENCING, DISREGARD ANYTHING BELOW THIS
[A13 ota news https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/t-mobile-revvl-v-plus-android-update]

[Twrp https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-6-0-release-android-11-support/?_ga=2.195721068.1777813512.1675477697-1767133243.1662515191]
~fastboot set_active other
~fastboot flash recovery_a twrp file
~fastboot flash recovery_b twrp file
[Sprout https://dl.twrp.me/sprout/]
https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-porting-twrp-without-source.3843473/
https://www.mediafire.com/download/sxq4cz8bddmr49
https://www.mediafire.com/file/irigs9iviy3sobw/T-Mobile_REVVL_V%2B_5G.zip/file
https://download1526.mediafire.com/ih0pus48i1kg/mwl6h20noutg005/revvplus.zip

[Patched boot_a pending verification https://xdaforums.com/attachments/magisk_patched-25100_hiu69-img.5648347/]

[FLASH STOCK MODEM FILE]

My next guide will be how to use assurance wireless with ANY phone. I'm using assurance wireless on my Oneplus N200 (DE2118).

Last edited by a moderator:

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
Hi. I read many posts of yours regarding the REVVL V+ 5G, I was encouraged by your progress, and took comfort that someone else had some of the same struggles that I did. I was able to unlock the bootloader, I was able to root the phone (using an img file posted by someone else here; I hadn't yet read your root recipe), but I was no longer able to connect to wifi. (is this familiar?) In trying to undo the mess, I ended up making my phone unbootable.
I wanted to install stock ROM from scratch. I read your instructions, but there's no scatter file in the ROM that you posted. So I'm confused.
I figured that I could install the stock ROM zip via TWRP; I googled and found a TWRP for "Sprout" (the codename of our device), but for the life of me I couldn't install it on my phone, no matter what I tried.
You're ahead of me here; perhaps you can get me on track. Right now, my phone isn't booting at all.

Thank you!

R41N MuTT

Hi. I read many posts of yours regarding the REVVL V+ 5G, I was encouraged by your progress, and took comfort that someone else had some of the same struggles that I did. I was able to unlock the bootloader, I was able to root the phone (using an img file posted by someone else here; I hadn't yet read your root recipe), but I was no longer able to connect to wifi. (is this familiar?) In trying to undo the mess, I ended up making my phone unbootable.
I wanted to install stock ROM from scratch. I read your instructions, but there's no scatter file in the ROM that you posted. So I'm confused.
I figured that I could install the stock ROM zip via TWRP; I googled and found a TWRP for "Sprout" (the codename of our device), but for the life of me I couldn't install it on my phone, no matter what I tried.
You're ahead of me here; perhaps you can get me on track. Right now, my phone isn't booting at all.

Thank you!
Hey, I finished the guide. You can return to stock following the guide above. As you may have noticed I edited this message instead of posting again. It's okay, cause I brought good news, right? Cheers

Last edited:

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
i totally forgot, yeah, i will look up the proper method to install twrp. it's supposed to be easy. i thought i was going to have to port twrp-and i still might- so i'm looking into it. i need to flash twrp myself. there is supposed to be a way to use rom2box or spflash or twrp or something to make a flashable zip. i don't know if that's a thing. it seems to me somebody needs to build a preinstaller that automatically flashes each img. for you. like a 1 click. if we can get twrp on this, that's the next step. to make a flashable zip. or somehow one click installer. i imagine if i did, it would only work for this phone, but could be modified for similar devices. i know tcl has a software like that. they plug a phone up and click one button. on their end it's one folder and that program does the rest. that program is what i want to write. reverse engineer this shiz and get a complete understanding of it. i know good and well the folks at tcl aren't sitting on a cmd window using adb to flash dozens of duplicate images time and time again for each device they build. it's screw it together, plug it up, click a button and test. they already have all the files preloaded and they have a preinstaller that pretty much instantly flashes the software. damn, wouldn't it sure be nice to have? but i don't foresee anybody leaking it any time soon. maybe if you have the cheese

Reactions: R41N MuTT

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
I looked; our REVVL does not seem to be listed in the list of supported devices. :(

I looked; our REVVL does not seem to be listed in the list of supported devices. :(
And may I ask for a clarification, please: You wrote above, "the firmware links i sent you- there should be at least 2 different ones, and an OTA... well, if you open the root folder and type 'scatter.txt' in the search bar it will pop up." In your post, I see 2 links to firmware; one is called https://www.mediafire.com/download/sxq4cz8bddmr49l, and one is called https://www.mediafire.com/file/irigs9iviy3sobw/T-Mobile_REVVL_V%2B_5G.zip/file. I downloaded both. I clicked on the downloaded file, and in the search bar, I searched for "scatter.txt", and got no results. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

R41N MuTT

It needs to be ported still. Unless it's already ported I'm working on it now. Nightmare. I'm trying to follow a guide on here about porting TWRP... Going slow...

OTA

Firmware

Here is the link to the scatter.txt for mt6833 (revvl v+).

Tmobile just recently announced the release of the a13 update. It's supposed to be before the end of february.

Message edited at completion of guide. Irrelevant content removed.

Last edited:

vinnie215215

Feb 6, 2023
After installing the modified boot img with fastboot my phone bricked and i cant fix it, it just crashes on boot and loops back whenever i try to normal boot.

If there's any help you can offer I'd appreciate it.

vinnie215215

Feb 6, 2023
When your phone boots up do you see system font on the screen? It should prompt you to press power to boot normally, otherwise it will continue to reboot. It's because the bootloader is unlocked and you must press power to acknowledge this or else the phone will boot loop. Does this help? If not, get another phone and download magisk and try to patch boot_a again. You can use another device to do all those steps to get the file ready. Pull it, plug in your revvl v+ again and try flashing it. You can also try a different copy of the firmware, I linked 3. You can also flash stock boot_a and boot_b and that should get you going. I'm still figuring this device out. I advise you reach out to somebody who has a lot of experience flashing a/b partition scheme devices, namely mediatek. Project oppo. My only other suggestion is to flash the stock firmware using adb fastboot commands. In the forums you can find a guide to flashing a/b... So, just to be clear, recite to me exactly what you did up to the point it boot loops. And tell me is there system type on the screen when it boots?

So i Followed the guide exactly and everything seemed to work fine until i flashed the img modified by magisk. Fastboot said it moved and wrote successfully.
Then when i rebooted and hit the power button again to bypass the 'orange' warning instead of starting into a factory reset phone, it flashes the backlight and starts booting again.
Im also unable to get into recovery, fastboot mode is all that works now. I've tried to flash the stock boot_a img but not the boot_b, do you think that would help?
I'm gonna make a new img with my s9 and try that as you suggested.

Edit:
Well i might be handicapped.
I had 2 phones here, the V+ and the 6 pro.
Turns out i did youre walkthrough on the revvl 6 pro. It did unlock it, but obviously when i flashed the boot.img for the V+ it bricked. And i cant find the backup anywhere.

In short thanks for your time, I'm afraid all i did was waste it :\

Last edited:

R41N MuTT

So i Followed the guide exactly and everything seemed to work fine until i flashed the img modified by magisk. Fastboot said it moved and wrote successfully.
Then when i rebooted and hit the power button again to bypass the 'orange' warning instead of starting into a factory reset phone, it flashes the backlight and starts booting again.
Im also unable to get into recovery, fastboot mode is all that works now. I've tried to flash the stock boot_a img but not the boot_b, do you think that would help?
I'm gonna make a new img with my s9 and try that as you suggested.

Edit:
Well i might be handicapped.
I had 2 phones here, the V+ and the 6 pro.
Turns out i did youre walkthrough on the revvl 6 pro. It did unlock it, but obviously when i flashed the boot.img for the V+ it bricked. And i cant find the backup anywhere.

In short thanks for your time, I'm afraid all i did was waste it :\
Edited to remove irrelevant content. Guide complete. Try it again. If your phone will not hard reboot, try adb reboot bootloader. All activity should cease and your device should promptly enter fastboot.

Last edited:

R41N MuTT

i started messing with this phone on my own until ididn't have right stock firm. is alot steps get this phone rooted.
I couldn't agree more. Lol. I'm actively editing the content to condense it. I'm also working on porting TWRP. I've done some other things to save a few steps, like patching boot_a and putting it on Dropbox so all you'll have to do is download it and flash it. When a13 OTA gets captured it'll get better

Reactions: contevo

pickymarker

Mar 19, 2023
1679262062875.png
i get this error when loading the scatter file ad i'm using the latest version
v5.1924

pickymarker

Mar 19, 2023
I couldn't agree more. Lol. I'm actively editing the content to condense it. I'm also working on porting TWRP. I've done some other things to save a few steps, like patching boot_a and putting it on Dropbox so all you'll have to do is download it and flash it. When a13 OTA gets captured it'll get better
can you help

R41N MuTT

I am able to unlock the bootloader, then my phone just hangs at the boot screen, but I can can lock it again Now it just boots with the orange warning and it doesn't matter after that if it is locked or unlocked

The android version is still 11 with a security update from Dec 5, 2022.

I am just curious if there is a way to revert back to a previous version that might just work like the version listed for download. There could also be differences in the boot file that is in the firmware zip file from what is on my phone so patching and installing a different version won't work.

Maybe just waiting until the next version is releases would be the best option?
Perhaps that. In fact, that's what I'm waiting on- the a13 update. I intend to capture the OTA and follow the spflash walkthrough. Then I can update this how to where it'll work for everybody. I have 4 people right now with boot issues after root that go beyond WiFi, and they all 4 can't get spflash to work. It's bugging the crap out of me, I haven't been able to figure out what to do to fix it. I'm still waiting on some other folks I've reached out to, if they ever have the time...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Please post failures and successes. Keep it relevant, everything else to the DMs please. It makes it easier for others to Q&A. Everyone thanks you for your understanding.

***IF YOU ARE NEW BEWARE!!! BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING MAKE A BACKUP. LET THIS APPLY TO EVERYTHING. WHENEVER THE OPTION TO BACKUP IS AVAILABLE IT WOULD BE WISE TO DO SO. FAILURE TO BACKUP YOUR DEVICE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF DATA***

ALL LINKS ALLOWED, APPROVED AND/OR UTILIZED BY XDA. SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE DEVS WHO CREATED THE TOOLS WITHOUT WHICH THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. I DIDN'T BUILD ANY SOFTWARE MENTIONED IN THIS POST. IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, DO NOT BLAME ME. I'M NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO IT, BUT NARRATING A GUIDE TO HOW I DID IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING LOSING WIFI AFTER ROOT, AS HAVE I. I HAVE NOT YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX THIS. I'M THANKFUL FOR ANY ASSISTANCE. FLASHED STOCK BOOT_A DIDN'T FIX IT, ONLY FLASHING BACK TO STOCK ROM. ON ANOTHER IDENTICAL PHONE DIDN'T LOSE WIFI. YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE. LOOKING INTO IT, NO PROMISES

1) PREP PHONE:
    power on. navigate to settings>about phone and tap "build number" seven times to enable developer options.
    navigate to settings>system>developer options and enable "USB Debugging" and "OEM unlock"

Python
    Mediatek USB drivers
    UsbDk
    MTK client
    In the 310 directory press Alt + D to highlight your directory path and type CMD and hit enter. This opens a command prompt in the Python310 directory.

3) BOOT INTO B ROM MODE:
    This is kind of tricky when you don't know it. The screen will will be black. Sometimes, the device will not even vibrate. There's no sunbathing android, no "No Command", no fastboot, no download mode, no recovery- nothing, nada, zip, zilch, goose egg.
    Make sure you unplug the device entirely from charger and pc BEFORE you power off. Now that you properly powered off, hold ONLY BOTH volume + - keys while you connect it to your PC. Try to be quick about it. DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER KEY. Continue to hold the volume keys until you know your device connected. When you hear your device connected jingle immediately let go. The screen will remain blacked out and unresponsive. It's normal.
    Disconnect and power on. If the device has been reset, then you have confirmation.

5) UNLOCK BOOTLOADER:

~To relock the bootloader in the future use command "python mtk da seccfg lock". If you flash a custom recovery/ROM and want to return to stock, then you must unroot with magisk first, then flash stock ROM with SP flash tool at the end of this post~

"Orange State
    Your device is corrupted. Device has been unlocked and cannot be trusted. Press Power key to boot.
    Will Reboot in 5 seconds
    ."
    This will happen each time you boot the device because your bootloader is now unlocked.

sdk platform tools
    Extract.
    Navigate to the platform tools folder and type Alt+D to highlight directory and type CMD to open a cmd window in platform tools.
    "adb devices"
    "adb devices"
    First you'll see a random, arbitrary number. Second time you should see your device serial number and "Authorized", "Allowed", or "Device".

Magisk
    Move it to your phone and install. You'll need to allow the installation from unknown sources.

9) ENTER FASTBOOT MODE:
    Connect device to PC.

10) ACHIEVE ROOT:
    ***NOTE: IN THIS STEP YOU MUST LOCATE THE PATCHED FILE ON YOUR PC AND COPY AS PATH. PASTE IT IN THE CMD WINDOW IN PLACE OF "[path to patched file]"***

Now that you've achieved root, you can play around a little bit. But be careful what you go deleting if you get debloat happy like me and delete your NVRAM & wifi. Just in case you do, here's how to return to stock.

NVRAM Backup Tutorial

Download LIBUSB:
    LIBUSB

Close cmd...

mtk tool

SP Flash

MT6833_scatter.txt

bypass tool

download rom2box:
    rom2box

Download OTA and use a payload dumper to extract boot and scatter. You can also get DA, but it does nothing. You must bypass DA in order to flash ROM.
    OTA

[A13 ota news https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/t-mobile-revvl-v-plus-android-update]

[Twrp https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-6-0-release-android-11-support/?_ga=2.195721068.1777813512.1675477697-1767133243.1662515191]

[Patched boot_a pending verification https://xdaforums.com/attachments/magisk_patched-25100_hiu69-img.5648347/]

[FLASH STOCK MODEM FILE]

My next guide will be how to use assurance wireless with ANY phone. I'm using assurance wireless on my Oneplus N200 (DE2118).
    The guide is fine, but not perfect. If it was, I'd be suspicious as to its authenticity. To further elaborate: Would I, objectively speaking follow this guide? No, I would not, although my reasons would be for my interest in the scene as a whole, my drive to learn and my mission to find my own way to root and/or mod my device, and not for the lack of accuracy in this guide or any perceived incompetence of OP. The very nature of these processes call on one to outline themselves with the basics , and to soak up all the anecdote and documentation they can. You do that so that ultimately, you FIND YOUR OWN WAY to accomplish your goal. You learn nothing by following guides step by step, and I've been at this long enough to know that NOONE creates a perfect guide, haven't seen it yet unless refined by the support of other members who come together and sometimes create definitive instructions, and even then, due to the dynamics of each particular users device state, it will never be the same road to root for everyone. That is what we are all here for though, right? Also that's the fun of it all. People who come to platforms like these to follow the guides exactly, don't learn anything and when their device INEVITABLY bricks (TRUST me, that also comes with the territory) they are stuck trying to find a guide to again follow it word for word only to exacerbate their problem and at the end still have not learned a thing. So, after reading that, do you still want to root your device? Should you follow the guide? That is a question that none of us here can answer. Good luck! (Shout out to OP, it takes time to create guides here and we do not get paid for it. GOOD JOB.)

For those of you that got stuck in a perpetual boot loop, I may just have a solution.

I noticed I was getting a second error. It wasn't saying "orange state," but "dm-verity error," followed by a different explanation basically saying you've toasted it

The first part that almost caused several new holes in my wall was trying to get it into any fastboot mode, so I let it boot loop the battery dead (this takes almost 2.5 days if it's fully charged, btw).

So noticing the new "oh crap" error, I used the extracted IMG files from the zip and went on a flashing spree. (I held power and volume down before plugging it in and it went into the fastboot mode with just the text at the bottom of the screen, which worked).

I went ahead and did:

Fastboot flash boot /your_path/to_your/boot.img --disable-verity --disable-verification

This got rid of the dm-verity error and went back to boot loop but reverted back to the "orange state" message and lasted longer until it rebooted and entering fastboot worked fine.

Now there's steam coming out of my ears...so I ran almost every command for flashing with filenames matching the command but added the two disable commands for each one.

Fastboot flash vbmeta_a /pathto/vbmeta_a.img --disable-verity --disable-verification

I have no idea which of all the 17+ files I flashed individually with the added disable verity options actually worked, but I had a factory non-rooted and working revvl v+ 5g like nothing ever happened. (The orange state message was the only persistent thing)

So I did
    Fastboot flash boot /samemagisk/patched.img --disable-verity --disable-verification

Now the phone is rooted and working, however without ANY network abilities..
    No Bluetooth. No wifi. No mobile networks. No NFC. Nothing. All entirely u phased by any changes in engineer menu or adb pulling and editing then pushing files back, even though the edited files persist after reboots.

This is because the patched magisk file does something with the firmware version or something along those lines that mismatches the magisk patched file with the rest of the system, completely severing all ties to all radio (modem) functionality. It knows the hardware exists, but forgot how to talk to it.

If you flash back to the supplied (not patched) boot.img, everything works as intended and it doesn't matter if you add the two disable commands when doing so.(but you lose root regardless).

I wanted to see if flashing the modem image with the verity disabled would fix it since it was pretty much the only file I didn't patch considering it doesn't have the typical obvious name like "system_a.img" that has a matching flash command associated:

System_a with system_a.img
    Vbmeta_a with vbmeta_a.img
    But ..

Wtf are all these other IMG files that seem to not have any matching flash commands? I can take a shot in the dark at a few and confident I'd still be in the ballpark but WHICH IMG IS THE MODEM IMG????

I want to flash it with --disable-verity --disable-verification and see if that tells whatever part of the system it's supposed to just to ignore whatever got mismatched along the way and maybe that would let it work again, like how the magisk patched image just magically started working doing the same thing.
    try the command: fastboot getvar all That will show you a list of all variables as well as which partitions you need to flash.
    i totally forgot, yeah, i will look up the proper method to install twrp. it's supposed to be easy. i thought i was going to have to port twrp-and i still might- so i'm looking into it. i need to flash twrp myself. there is supposed to be a way to use rom2box or spflash or twrp or something to make a flashable zip. i don't know if that's a thing. it seems to me somebody needs to build a preinstaller that automatically flashes each img. for you. like a 1 click. if we can get twrp on this, that's the next step. to make a flashable zip. or somehow one click installer. i imagine if i did, it would only work for this phone, but could be modified for similar devices. i know tcl has a software like that. they plug a phone up and click one button. on their end it's one folder and that program does the rest. that program is what i want to write. reverse engineer this shiz and get a complete understanding of it. i know good and well the folks at tcl aren't sitting on a cmd window using adb to flash dozens of duplicate images time and time again for each device they build. it's screw it together, plug it up, click a button and test. they already have all the files preloaded and they have a preinstaller that pretty much instantly flashes the software. damn, wouldn't it sure be nice to have? but i don't foresee anybody leaking it any time soon. maybe if you have the cheese
    After installing the modified boot img with fastboot my phone bricked and i cant fix it, it just crashes on boot and loops back whenever i try to normal boot.

If there's any help you can offer I'd

Edited: guide complete. Try it now.
    DISCLAIMER:

1) PREP PHONE:

Python
    Mediatek USB drivers
    UsbDk
    MTK client

3) BOOT INTO B ROM MODE:

5) UNLOCK BOOTLOADER:

"Orange State
    Will Reboot in 5 seconds
    ."

sdk platform tools
    Extract.
    "adb devices"
    "adb devices"

Magisk

9) ENTER FASTBOOT MODE:
    Connect device to PC.

10) ACHIEVE ROOT:

NVRAM Backup Tutorial

Download LIBUSB:
    LIBUSB

Close cmd...

mtk tool

SP Flash

MT6833_scatter.txt

bypass tool

download rom2box:
    rom2box

OTA

[FLASH STOCK MODEM FILE]

can i get stockrom for this model T-Mobile Revvl v+ 5G
    already corrupted