Root for 8.0 Oreo

Search This thread

zainbfaisal

May 3, 2018
Usa
meettomy.site
Hello,
I have tried to root multiple times but everytime I flash TWRP and format Data and then restart the data partition keeps getting encrypted again, I am using the official 8.0 Oreo UK version which recently got released, I have tried installing Magisk and Xposed both are installed successfully but with error that /data is not mounted and like I said if I format data to decrypt it and then restart it automatically encrypts it. I also tried flashing Samsung anti root and no opt zips but it also didn't help.

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
1 workaround for now :
flash rom via odin /
flash twrp via odin /
flash no_encrypt 6.0, full wipe, reboot to recovery /
flash MoroKernel 1.5 (magisk already included) /
reboot and have fun with no encryptation anymore ;)

Reactions: ongxa and dovitec1

joeufrey

Jul 24, 2013
Hello,
I have tried to root multiple times but everytime I flash TWRP and format Data and then restart the data partition keeps getting encrypted again, I am using the official 8.0 Oreo UK version which recently got released, I have tried installing Magisk and Xposed both are installed successfully but with error that /data is not mounted and like I said if I format data to decrypt it and then restart it automatically encrypts it. I also tried flashing Samsung anti root and no opt zips but it also didn't help.

sir may i ask how come ur able to have twrp .
how dd u install twrp on android 8.0 UK firmware?
thanks for help

NewbieFTW

Aug 8, 2014
What I did :
1. Install official room through Odin
2. Do not reboot!!!!
3. Install TWRP through Odin
4. Install Magisk
5. Install Encryption Disabler

It worked for me

Reactions: Waqasasghar

fre78

OREO stock keeps encrypting DATA partition

What I did :
2. Do not reboot!!!!
4. Install Magisk

It worked for me

Hi NewbieFTW,

I've followed the steps you've described. (in step 3, I also did format the DATA partition because it was encrypted)
The result is that I'm on stock OREO and I can boot in TWRP.
But whatever I try, after booting OREO the first time, my DATA partition is encrypted again.
So, I have a TWRP as recovery, but only in READ ONLY mode, because it cannot mount an encrypted DATA partition.
This way, I cannot backup or restore my DATA partition.

Can you confirm that your TWRP is not READ ONLY?
And what encryption disabler did you use? (I used no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip)

Last edited:

NewbieFTW

Aug 8, 2014
Hi NewbieFTW,

I've followed the steps you've described. (in step 3, I also did format the DATA partition because it was encrypted)
But whatever I try, after booting OREO the first time, my DATA partition is encrypted again.
So, I have a TWRP as recovery, but only in READ ONLY mode, because it cannot mount an encrypted DATA partition.

And what encryption disabler did you use? (I used no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip)

Yes, I can confirm that I can do whatever I want on TWRP.
I used a .zip found somewhere on a 8.0 thread. I feel like the no-verity zip doesn't work on some devices as it didn't on mine.
Let me grab the link for you : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tCLamw9j07bhRgEd6qhymqUxExazy04c/view?usp=sharing
Here you go, try this. It should work now. Try doing the exact same steps as you did before but with this zip instead of no-verity.

Good luck mate

skydivider

Aug 7, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A53
I used a .zip found somewhere on a 8.0 thread. I feel like the no-verity zip doesn't work on some devices as it didn't on mine.
Let me grab the link for you : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tCLamw9j07bhRgEd6qhymqUxExazy04c/view?usp=sharing
Here you go, try this. It should work now. Try doing the exact same steps as you did before but with this zip instead of no-verity.

Good luck mate

Can anyone confirm that magisk should be installed in twrp before encryption disabler?

zainbfaisal

May 3, 2018
Usa
meettomy.site
Sounds good dosen´t work.
When you flash Magisk it flashes its own boot or system img and remove encrypt flashes its own, if you flash the magisk itll flash the img but if you then flash encryption disabler it will overwrite the magisk img and magisk will uninstall or if you flash the encrypt and then magisk then you will have magisk but encryption will be enabled.

What I did :
2. Do not reboot!!!!
4. Install Magisk

It worked for me

NewbieFTW

Aug 8, 2014
Sounds good dosen´t work.
When you flash Magisk it flashes its own boot or system img and remove encrypt flashes its own, if you flash the magisk itll flash the img but if you then flash encryption disabler it will overwrite the magisk img and magisk will uninstall or if you flash the encrypt and then magisk then you will have magisk but encryption will be enabled.

I'm sorry then, I don't know what to say. It worked for me.

riseofsand

May 27, 2013
Hi NewbieFTW,

When this happend to me, i hit format data and typed yes, when i mount on TWRP i can see my storage again

fre78

Apparently there are 2 kind of users here.
One part did manage to install stock Oreo (BTU? other CSC?) , with root (magisk? superSu?) and a working TWRP (3.2.1?) which is not read-only on our beloved S7 Edge (SM-G935F)
The other part did not manage to setup this particular config.
It would be nice to have a detailed step-by-step guide from scratch by someone who managed to do it, so we can reproduce it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To decrypt and flash Magisk S7 Edge Oreo Stock Rom

Working on SM-G935F Other versions should work too. Heres the Guide:
    THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN ALL OTHER GUIDES HERE SO THIS MAY HELP YOU OUT;
    The big difference is to firstly not install magisk, install only remove encrypt, boot into your phone and after that to flash magisk again from TWRP. i dont rlly know why but its working.
    btw i figured out myself

Needs:
    Odin (Odin3_v3.13.x.zip)
    Magisk (Magisk-v16.x.zip)
    TWRP (twrp-3.2.x-x-hero2lte.img.tar)
    remove encryption.zip (link posted in this Thread)

1. Go to Download mode; Open Odin;
    2. Make sure to uncheck Auto Reboot
    3. Flash via AP > twrp-3.2.x-x-hero2lte.img.tar
    4. Wait for Odin to Pass and exit the Download Mode again with (Volume Down+Home+Power)
    5. Then directly boot intro recovery (Volume Up+Home+Power)
    6. Swipe for Modifications and Wipe Data, confirm with typing "yes" and reboot again into recovery
    7. Install only the remove encryption.zip and reboot into your system
    8. Setup your phone and after you did reboot again into the recovery
    9 Install Magisk and reboot your phone; Thats all now your phone is running Magisk fully decrypted
    Hi NewbieFTW,

Good luck mate
    before rooting make sure you have following ..
    working S7 / S7 edge updated to oreo 8.0
    links are
    G935F
    SM-G930F

ODIN 3.13.1

NO VERITY OPT ENCRYPT AND MAGISK CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM HERE

ROOT PROCEDURE FOR S7 EDGE AND S7 FLAT FOR OREO
    COPY MAGISK AND NO VERITY ZIP ON EXTERNAL MEMORY

FLash TWRP in Odin > click here (for International & Canada (SM-G935F, SM-G935FD, SM-G935X, SM-G935W8)
    or HERE for Korea (SM-G935K, SM-G935L, SM-G935S):

or Here (for S7 Flat International & Canada (SM-G930F, SM-G930FD, SM-G930X, SM-G930W8)
    or HERE for Korea (SM-G930K, SM-G930L, SM-G930S)

uncheck auto reboot and f reset in Odin options
    after flashing TWRP .. boot phone in Recovery mode and do following...

Wipe > advance wipe > Format Data to Ext2
    Wipe > advance wipe > Format Data to Ext4 & reboot to bootloader , do not install twrp app
    TWRP > Install >Magisk-v16.4(1642).zip
    TWRP > Install >NO VERITY OPT ENCRYPT.zip
    & reboot to system ( do not install TWRP app )

enjoy

( please note : this is a tutorial showing how to root the Samsung galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE running android 8.0 )
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THIS WILL TRIP KNOX COUNTER , SO CANT USE SAMSUNG PAY AND SHEALTH
    NONE OF THE CREDITS GOES TO ME , JUST TRIED TO SHOW THE PROCEDURE IN A SIMPLE WAY
    I HAVE TRIED WITH SM-G935F/FD AND G930F/FD , Please test on other models on your own risk
    best method I've found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwLja68KmKM

Tried so many ways and nothing worked.
    Yes you do end up having to wipe, but if your phone was already rooted on Android 7 then you should've already backed it up with something like titanium backup so restoring after a wipe is simple.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

in my experience, the moment you flash Magisk, the show is over, wathever order you try. When using SuperSu, no problem. Maybe/hopefully the next update of Magisk will work for us all.

Tried so many methods and nothing worked. Try this guy's method. Absolutely the best and worked

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

in my experience, the moment you flash Magisk, the show is over, what ever order you try. When using SuperSu, no problem. Maybe/hopefully the next update of Magisk will work for us all.

Tried so many methods and nothing worked. Try this guy's method. Absolutely the best and worked
    SOLVED Data drive decryption issue, root and TWRP for both s7 Edge & Non-edge

If you follow the following steps the Data decryption issue is gone:
    All zip & tar files you can find attached in the previous messages.

After Oreo Install
    1. Odin > twrp-3.2.1-1-hero2lte.img.tar (for Edge) or twrp-3.2.1-1-herolte.img.tar (for Non-Edge)
    2. TWRP > Wipe > Format Data to Ext2
    3. TWRP > Wipe > Format Data to Ext4 & reboot
    4. TWRP > Magisk-v16.4(1642).zip
    5. TWRP > no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
    6. TWRP > remove encryption.zip
    & reboot

7. Boot and follow the initial Oreo wizard till WiFi selection and reboot to Download menu to reinstall TWRP

8. Odin > twrp-3.2.1-1-hero2lte.img.tar (for Edge) or twrp-3.2.1-1-herolte.img.tar (for Non-Edge)
    9. TWRP >(Optional) Back Up all to SD
    10. TWRP > Magisk-v16.4(1642).zip

All the best.

Regards,
    Konstantin