Root for a PX5 unit with Android 11

Search This thread

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
Hello,

Recently I bought an Android PX5 head unit from AliExpress. I successfully installed it and set it up. After a while I found out, that the AutoSeek function on the default Radio app doesn't catch any local stations. However, when i tune in the frequency manually, the radio station is tuned in and sounds clearly. I decided to find an alternative, NavRadio. Which worked well, but after a restart of the unit, when I opened the NavRadio app, it opened both radio apps and sound came just from the default app.

As I scrolled through the NavRadio settings I saw an option to replace the default Radio app. As I pressed it, it showed me a warning, that my device has to be rooted in order to do that.

I then did some research and found some tutorials on how to root a PX5 unit, but it was for older versions of Android.

My question is, can I use a tutorial for an older Android system? If not, what would you suggest me to do?

Thanks for the answer,

Mark

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi,

Sorry, I am pretty new to this. What exactly do you mean by uploading my firmware? What do I do to upload it?

I am using this unit: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOXKsAq

I have the 4GB RAM version.

Thanks,

Mark
Make some screenshots of the "About Tablet" page of you unit.
Mostly all PX5 units can be rooted really simple.
But to see what we are talking about - by the way... the link does not work - we need just these pictures.
Make sure you got all information visible there.

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
Make some screenshots of the "About Tablet" page of you unit.
Mostly all PX5 units can be rooted really simple.
But to see what we are talking about - by the way... the link does not work - we need just these pictures.
Make sure you got all information visible there.
I took some pictures of the "About" page on the unit, since I don't know the button combination for a screenshot.

Attachments

• 20220730_103243.jpg
    20220730_103243.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220730_103230.jpg
    20220730_103230.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 134
  • 20220730_103224.jpg
    20220730_103224.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220730_103210.jpg
    20220730_103210.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220730_103155.jpg
    20220730_103155.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 136

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I took some pictures of the "About" page on the unit, since I don't know the button combination for a screenshot.
Okay, unfortunately this is one of these units which are not yet supported fully..
Just search for your MCU version: MF1 you will find some more information about these units.
First of all I would send you to this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-for-mcu-mf1.4273219/

As you can read there, they even have not found any good solution. If I would be you, I would participate there and you may look if your unit is really Android 11... I fear it is not. May be something to start with.

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
Okay, unfortunately this is one of these units which are not yet supported fully..
Just search for your MCU version: MF1 you will find some more information about these units.
First of all I would send you to this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-for-mcu-mf1.4273219/

As you can read there, they even have not found any good solution. If I would be you, I would participate there and you may look if your unit is really Android 11... I fear it is not. May be something to start with.
Thanks a lot,

I already posted a message about my problem there. I am hoping to see a solution. As i noticed, someone already found a firmware. I'm wondering if it would be suitable for my device. Someone also mentioned messaging the AliExpress seller, maybe I will try.

Reactions: rigattoni

spidabug

Oct 10, 2012
A little off topic here. But which backup camera did you use with the unit. The one the seller sent with mine isn't working and the seller don't seem to have a solution.

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
A little off topic here. But which backup camera did you use with the unit. The one the seller sent with mine isn't working and the seller don't seem to have a solution.
I used an AliExpress backup camera (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtyJI5I) made specially for my car model. It has a dynamic trajectory function. I hooked it up and it works well. As i shift into reverse the display automatically switches to the backup camera mode. I attach an amateur diagram of how I connected the cables.

First, I connected the red wire from the video cable (on the camera end) with the red voltage cable from the camera, then I took both the black wire from the camera and the 2 connected red wires and I soldered them to the reverse light voltage cables by color (red to red, black to black (in my case white was the negative)). At the head unit I connected the yellow cinch video cable to the "Reverse Camera" connector on the unit and I soldered the red wire from the video cable to the red "Back-car" cable on the unit.

I didn't have to set anything, it worked right away, but as I've seen in some videos they had to allow an option in the "Factory Settings" in the setting app. The code to the "Factory Settings" should be 0000 (in my case it was). Just scroll through the settings and find something that would solve your problem.

I hoped I explained it right, if there is anything more I can help you with, you can continue in this thread.

Mark

Attachments

• 3dqs7ocvqz541.jpg
    3dqs7ocvqz541.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
upload your firmware. maybe it is possible to root.
Hello,

Sorry for my late response to your reply. I've been looking into my problem better and as I found out from other replies, it wouldn't be possible to root this firmware. After some time I got a response from the AliExpress seller and he sent me the newest firmware file they had. You mentioned me sending you the firmware, so I am attaching it. Please tell me if it would be possible to root.

Thanks,

Mark

The link for the firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q184V4cdXXr7mwRPSPM4ejgoRY9x8ZIX/view?usp=drive_web

Last edited:

MarkCodes

Jul 29, 2022
Hello,

Sorry for my late response to your reply. I've been looking into my problem better and as I found out from other replies, it wouldn't be possible to root this firmware. After some time I got a response from the AliExpress seller and he sent me the newest firmware file they had. You mentioned me sending you the firmware, so I am attaching it. Please tell me if it would be possible to root.

Thanks,

Mark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a lot,

I already posted a message about my problem there. I am hoping to see a solution. As i noticed, someone already found a firmware. I'm wondering if it would be suitable for my device. Someone also mentioned messaging the AliExpress seller, maybe I will try.