I have a bit of a problem now ... I did what you said, ( I think ) and now I have a hard/soft brick. It is stuck in a bootloop from the start screen
where it warns you abou the unlocked bootloader, and then to the Samsung screen that warns you that you are not running official Samsung
software. Then it just loops back forever. Normally not a big deal, because I can get into the stock recovery or into twrp or into download mode.
.... BUT ....
Right now I can NOT get into ANY of those modes. Not even the download/fastboot screen, so I have no way to use Odin either.
I have never seen this befor. PLEASE if you or anyone has any thoughts as to what I can try then let me know
.... here is exactly what I did from the start.
1) Allowed Samsung to push the Nov. update ASK2 to my phone.
2) Reboot and setup phone.
All working fine.... so Atempt Root next....
3) Took the boot.img file from this post and ran through 7zip to make boot.tar
4) Went into download mode and flashed boot.tar in AP slot
...Odin flash went perfect so I reboot phone to system
5) Install Magisk.apk - Reboot again - Got all green so Root went fine.
...Now I have a Rooted phone running Stock Nov. Security with no problems
so next I will attempt to flash TWRP. I followed the posted instructions from physwizz thread ...
To install TWRP
1. Download the custom recovery from here
2. On the PC rename the unpatched recovery as recovery.img
3. Use 7zip to make it into recovery.tar
4. Use 7zip to add your patched boot.img to recovery.tar
5. Download vbmeta.tar from here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=237
) and extract vbmeta.img
6. Use 7zip to add vbmeta.img to recovery.tar
7. Install recovery.tar to ap slot using Odin.
Reboot phone and now I am in this crazy boot loop I can not seem to get out of
Please help if you can, I will try anything. I can not
even turn the phone OFF now ... just loops forever untill battery dead.
thanks for reading this far