• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Root for all models that don't have it...

Search This thread

Slopeslosh

May 21, 2015
Colorado
Also eagerly awaiting runningnak3d's next post. I've got a Boost Mobile LG-LS993 (LS993ZVE) and I won't rest until I've either bricked it, rooted it, or returned it.

For what it's worth, I'm an seasoned software engineer with a great deal of linux experience (though only a little direct android experience), and I would be more than happy to contribute to the effort in any way I can.

MahmudS

Oct 10, 2010
Chernivtsi.UA
Just a quick status update. @jayp1177 has dumped the phone and I am downloading the files now. As soon as I am sure I have everything I need, I will open a thread with some very detailed instructions.

If you have read the thread on how to root the H872 and thought that was hard -- you haven't seen anything yet ;)

As long as you follow the instructions TO THE LETTER, you shouldn't have a problem though.

Lastly, for now, this will just be for the:
  • H871
  • H873
  • US997 (US Cellular)
  • US997 (if you don't want to void your warranty and get your own unlock.bin, or if you bought it used and CAN'T get an unlock.bin)
  • LS993
  • AS993
  • VS998

I will then open a thread for volunteers for the:
  • H870
  • H870DS
  • G600*

EDIT: Also, if you are not currently ARB1, you will be ARB1.....

-- Brian

What about LG G6+ models? I have US997U version, and as I understand, firmware looks identical to US997 model.

Arif.Hameed

Feb 2, 2018
Quetta
That is awesome that you are ready to test.

I will send you a PM with some contact info. I want to run through this with one person before I make it public just to make sure we don't end up with a bunch of bricks.

Writing up procedures when I don't own a device to test on isn't easy.

-- Brian
Brought Korean G6 G600S due to higher storage and quad DAC. Updated it to Oreo 8.0 20d released on 4 May 2018. Korean firmware versions and release dates are different from other varients. Now another update 20g dated 25 Jun 2018 is available. Please look at my current ARB version and guide me whether I should update or not? I would like to try your root method in future and don't wana lose that opportunity.

Attachments

• C360_2019-02-20-21-15-53-263.png
    C360_2019-02-20-21-15-53-263.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 493
  • C360_2019-02-20-21-16-52-756.jpg
    C360_2019-02-20-21-16-52-756.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 501

cheeze.keyk

Aug 8, 2012
Mandaluyong
Brought Korean G6 G600S due to higher storage and quad DAC. Updated it to Oreo 8.0 20d released on 4 May 2018. Korean firmware versions and release dates are different from other varients. Now another update 20g dated 25 Jun 2018 is available. Please look at my current ARB version and guide me whether I should update or not? I would like to try your root method in future and don't wana lose that opportunity.

Just update it. It doesn't matter if youre ARB 0 or not. :good:

BenG7

Jun 24, 2009
Hi
I am considering buyong a H870DS, I can see some unlocked phone on the internet - does that actually mean the bootloader is unlocked?
Thanks

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo
Hey. Sorry guys. Been massively busy at work and home so I haven't had a chance to get in touch with one of the guys to test the procedure.

Things are letting up, so I hope I can get with one of them over the weekend.

I would just post it, but I know for a fact (history from the H918 root) that it wouldn't end well.

Again, just to reiterate, this works .. just need to get the instructions as clear as possible.

Again, sorry for the delay, but RL comes first.

-- Brian

sbkjuggalo

Mar 14, 2011
A-town (amarillo) Sh*thole
LG K92 5G
Hey. Sorry guys. Been massively busy at work and home so I haven't had a chance to get in touch with one of the guys to test the procedure.

I would just post it, but I know for a fact (history from the H918 root) that it wouldn't end well.

Again, just to reiterate, this works .. just need to get the instructions as clear as possible.

-- Brian

I can't speak for everyone here but I'm sure I'm not out of line to say thank you for this. May not realize it but something even this small to some can make a person's day. So sincerely good sir thank you for all the spare time to have spent to do this

Feb 23, 2016

-- Brian

Great work, hoping everything comes together and we can finally unlock the true potential of this amazing phone. If this comes together i might have to chip some money your way for your time and effort on a phone you dont even own.

Anyways one quick question any reason why a rom from a diffrent model of this phone wouldnt work once we get it wide open? AKA vs988 running a rom made for hd780 or something along those lines.

<3

Reactions: Serchrk1

wolfy

Apr 1, 2005
Brian, thanks for your efforts. This is really going to make a difference in the way I use my phone. Background YouTube, Titanium Backup, Carstream are apps I absolutely hate to lose...

That is awesome that you are ready to test.

I will send you a PM with some contact info. I want to run through this with one person before I make it public just to make sure we don't end up with a bunch of bricks.

Writing up procedures when I don't own a device to test on isn't easy.

-- Brian

i4iex

Sep 28, 2012
Concepción
Hi, i have an H870 Latinoamerica model and his bootloader is locked (can't unlock because LG is blocking for this model).
How can root this model ? Any steps or guide exactly? or i must experiment?

Thanks!!

9bestenbier

Sep 21, 2016
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to know if there would be a way to unlock my H870? I live in South Africa and it said my variant doesn't support unlocking, but I can at least enter fastboot and use commands. Hope there's a way for me to unlock because I'd like to install AOSP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a quick status update. @jayp1177 has dumped the phone and I am downloading the files now. As soon as I am sure I have everything I need, I will open a thread with some very detailed instructions.

If you have read the thread on how to root the H872 and thought that was hard -- you haven't seen anything yet ;)

As long as you follow the instructions TO THE LETTER, you shouldn't have a problem though.

Lastly, for now, this will just be for the:
    • H871
    • H873
    • US997 (US Cellular)
    • US997 (if you don't want to void your warranty and get your own unlock.bin, or if you bought it used and CAN'T get an unlock.bin)
    • LS993
    • AS993
    • VS998

I will then open a thread for volunteers for the:
    • H870
    • H870DS
    • G600*

EDIT: Also, if you are not currently ARB1, you will be ARB1.....

-- Brian
    The Sprint G6 that @engMTW is loaning me should be here today which means I will be able to get started tomorrow. Since I have already solved HOW to do it, and just need to make sure that the steps are in the right order and as easy as possible to understand, it shouldn't take me long to get something written up. I will also be scripting as much as possible so all you have to do is type:

Code:
    ./step1.sh

* Do some manual stuff then...

./step2.sh
    etc...

Bottom line, this is REAL close finally :)

-- Brian

-- Brian
    I think I have figured out how to root every G6 that is still ARB 0, and doesn't currently have root.

However, I can't test it (sorry not buying yet another G6), so I need someone willing to try.

If I am wrong, you WILL end up with a brick that can't be fixed except by LG.

If you are interested, reply to this thread. Please do not PM me, it will be ignored (sorry too many PMs).

Also, please don't quote this entire post .. just @ mention me.

-- Brian
    @runningnak3d I will try it. I have a G6 H873 to test the method on. If it bricks, it bricks for science.