m33ts4k0z

Jul 16, 2011
Örebro
viper4android driver didnt insall
I tested all the ways
-Older versions
-use mod audio lib
It may be rooted in the problem?

The reason viper4android is not working is that the latest magisk breaks compatibility with it. Try setting a custom channel in the magisk manager app and downgrade magisk to v. 20.4 and then it will work perfectly fine.

Reactions: sadaghiani

calgarymobiles

Sep 5, 2010
does this work on the PX6 android 9 Toyota landcruiser head unit?
12-1-tesla-style-And%20roid-9-0-Car-DVD-player-GPS-Navigation-For-TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER[1].jpg

talrhv

Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

how does it work?
Do I need to open hotspot on the HU and connect with my pc?
do I need to connect both devices (HU and PC) to a router and then do this?
if router is needed can I use phone hotspot instead of a router?

thanks!

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
I tested this on my Dasaita px6 mtce head unit once I installed Android 10
(thanks @Diavol for the tip)
I know that there are other ways to do this, but this is how I accomplished it.
****************DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***********************************
1- On Head Unit: install a terminal emulator and run the three following commands pressing enter each time. (device will reboot). This will open ADB witj root permissions on port 5555

setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
reboot
2- Uzip Su-Magisk folder and place the files on the root directory of your PC ( C:/ )
Open command prompt window on your PC with administrative privileges and enter one line at a time,,,,,, if you get stuck at "adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon", repeat the process on a new command prompt
window. When that is finished install Magisk V 20.4 (20400), after it gets installed it will search for updates and will say that the app is not installed, press on install, a window will pop up, choose to install it as a "Direct Install (Recommended)" when finished, press the yellow reboot button.

cd c:/
adb connect (enter here your ip address number, for example 10.0.0.2)
adb root
adb remount
adb shell setenforce 0
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb push su /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell /system/bin/su --install
adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc

I'v done just like you said except for I try to use superuser apk to install the binary. This is a px5 rk3386 4 gig ram and 64 gig rom. stock Android 10.
I've done fastboot flashing unlock, xbin shows the files but the bin shows no files. Tried several times same result.

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
1- On Head Unit: install a terminal emulator and run the three following commands pressing enter each time. (device will reboot). This will open ADB witj root permissions on port 5555

setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
reboot
2- Uzip Su-Magisk folder and place the files on the root directory of your PC ( C:/ )
Open command prompt window on your PC with administrative privileges and enter one line at a time,,,,,, if you get stuck at "adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon", repeat the process on a new command prompt
window. When that is finished install Magisk V 20.4 (20400), after it gets installed it will search for updates and will say that the app is not installed, press on install, a window will pop up, choose to install it as a "Direct Install (Recommended)" when finished, press the yellow reboot button.

adb root
adb remount
adb shell setenforce 0

I've tried this a dozen or more times with no success, New px5 rk3368 Android 10 . 1st time after reboot it stuck in boot logo, several other times either I get error because of file write permissions or titanium backup about xbin and other time about the bin. Now it stuck at boot logo again. God thing I got Xtrons to provide me the firmware. I really like there launcher.
Developer options does not have boot loader unlock option.
I use fastboot flash unlock, it say okay after I hit enter but not sure its unlocked.
I don't lose any data like they say.
Looks like I may have to give in and install custom recover so I can flash the SU in.
Any ideas anyone.

Attachments

• IMG_7146.jpg
    IMG_7146.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7147.jpg
    IMG_7147.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
yes, with the jolly app that enable debugging thought tcp and though the terminal emulator as well .with commands :
setprop sys.rkadb.root 1

but what i noticed is that , when i do connect to the adb , the android screen flashes super fast. once i was able to see the dialog prompt to allow the usb but it goes away super fast that i can not even press allow . like something happens but there is something as well that is hiding it. and i do not know how to search for this
" Can't authorise android device in USB debugging mode "because it disappeared fast? ????
or is there is anything that auto accept the dialog prompt?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Can I enable USB debugging using adb on my head unit ?through recovery mode
If tapping the build number 7 times does nothing to enable developer options
then go to factory setting and try ADBON for the password, If you see option enabled then it will be in settings at the bottom.

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
I get root and I loose root on reboot. Manual install supersu on abd command
tried the way on this post and another.. If I use supersu.apk and update binaries.
It locks on logo screen. 3 times so far and had to do a re-install from image. If I hit cancel when it reboots apks say no binaries installed. It'll show files in the system/xbin none in system/bin.
Titanium backup keeps looking for binaries in system/bin.
I've even used
# mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /system from one website
and this from xda # mount -o rw,remount /system
At the beginning of commands and switching between shell commands.
Quess I'm gonna have to try twrp recovery and try flashing it.

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
I get root and I loose root on reboot. Manual install supersu on abd command
tried the way on this post and another.. If I use supersu.apk and update binaries.
It locks on logo screen. 3 times so far and had to do a re-install from image. If I hit cancel when it reboots apks say no binaries installed. It'll show files in the system/xbin none in system/bin.
Titanium backup keeps looking for binaries in system/bin.
I've even used
# mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /system from one website
and this from xda # mount -o rw,remount /system
At the beginning of commands and switching between shell commands.
Quess I'm gonna have to try twrp recovery and try flashing it.
Newest version of magisk master v22 all in one apk solved my problem.
When patching boot it installs in the /sbin folder.
Go here to get https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v22.0
Read the install guide. https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

Do NOT delete the IO file in system/xbin if it is there. Your system needs it.

Titainum backup looks for su in system/bin or system/xbin and won't install.
Look in system/xbin and if you see the file su you need to delete it and titanium backup will then install.
Also if it's in there Magisk will tell you that there are 2 su's and you need to uninstall the other one.
You can type su in terminal to get # then type which su to confirm where su is installed.
To remove su from /system/xbin
In a terminal type su hit enter...then
# mount -o rw,remount /
rm /system/xbin/su
go to the xbin in a file explores to confirm its deleted. if so then reboot
file system should go back to read only.
You can also in a terminal after you confirmed x/binsu is deleted type
su then mount -o ro,remount / to change back to read only.
Titanium backup should install.
I'm not a developer. I've learned from the forums
and by many hours of trial and error.
Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: noise672

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
Worked for me on a Vanku PX6, however I couldn't find the older Magisk installer, so went with the latest APK instead (22.1)
It works, and can update itself, but when you next start magisk, you get a warning about another SU being installed.
To fix this:

adb connect #IP
adb shell
su - # (Accept root request on the devide itself)
mount -o remount,rw /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
rm /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
reboot

The Magisk SU (installed in /sbin/su) is kept and your su is removed. Magisk still works and no-longer complains about another SU.

Edit 13/05/2021: Also you don't even need to push rooting.rc. You can stop following the OPs instructions at the point where su --daemon hangs your command prompt, then install magisk to your bootloader, job done!

Last edited:

noise672

Nov 28, 2011
Montreal
Worked for me on a Vanku PX6, however I couldn't find the older Magisk installer, so went with the latest APK instead (22.4)
It works, and can update itself, but when you next start magisk, you get a warning about another SU being installed.
To fix this:

adb connect #IP
adb shell
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
reboot

The Magisk SU (installed in /sbin/su) is kept and your su is removed. Magisk still works and no-longer complains about another SU.
Just did it. All good thank you

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
It was 22.1 sorry. I derped when typing this up!
Irrelevent now as 23 is out. Updating to 23 went just fine.
Radio firmware update didn't go so well though, bootlooped until I reset and wiped data, also it killed Magisk, but re-rooted with this method and it's fine now.
(I'm now on a Dasaita PX6 btw, had to return the Vanku due to broken GPS)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worked for me on a Vanku PX6, however I couldn't find the older Magisk installer, so went with the latest APK instead (22.1)
    To fix this:

adb connect #IP
    adb shell
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    reboot

Edit 13/05/2021: Also you don't even need to push rooting.rc. You can stop following the OPs instructions at the point where su --daemon hangs your command prompt, then install magisk to your bootloader, job done!

setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
    reboot
    *******************************************************************************

adb root
    adb remount
    adb shell setenforce 0

To fix this:

adb connect #IP
    adb shell
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    reboot

Finally, after months of garbage "help me how do I do (the same boring question multiple new members signed up to XDA for - without reading the forums :) a thoughtful contributing post! Brilliant!
    Yeah, that's how it sometimes goes, I am still testing this stuff.
    Same for me, I've tried to install busybox magisk pack but TB still refuses to detect root.

Sent from my Phh-Treble vanilla using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Just a note here, I am using Android 10 rooted now without Magisk, only through adb Wi-Fi. I installed TB and it is detected, something with Magisk not allowing you guys to be detected must be happening. I am not gonna try it with Magisk installed since I don't really use it.
    Another PX5

Today I have rooted my px5 with this mod and everything working perfectly. The only thing that the root does not detect is the titanium-backup, I am in it to see if I solve the problem.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone