• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root for Android 10 PX6 MTCE

Search This thread

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
To keep it all in one place, here is my simplified root method, mostly based on the OP and shamefully cut&pasted where appropriate:
  1. On radio, install a simple terminal emulator (not Termux, that one doesn't work for some reason), launch it and enter:
    setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555 setprop sys.rkadb.root 1 ifconfig # Make a note of your IP address - you need it for the next step reboot
  2. On a computer connected to the same wifi network, open a command prompt, CD to the directory where you put adb.exe and the su file from OPs post and enter:
    adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb root adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb remount adb push su /system/bin/su adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su adb shell /system/bin/su --install adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
  3. Your command prompt might hang here, but ignore that and carry on..
  4. Install Magisk Manager from APK
  5. Launch Magisk and perform a direct install, but do not reboot
  6. Press ctrl+C in your command prompt if it is hung
  7. Enter:
    adb shell rm /system/bin/su
  8. Press the reboot button in Magisk Manager
Job done.

Last edited:

deviant-runner

Feb 6, 2015
Hi everyone!
I'm asking for help!
Made everything according to the description, but after entering "adb reboot" and after that, the "reboot" command the device has rebooted twice.
After this, I repeated "adb connect" and tried to continue with adb remount. But received the answer that I have to make adb root before. The device has restarted again.
I tried to repeat "adb root" it is not successful anymore.
I tried to repeat everything from the very beginning, but the terminal freezes. And the device rebooting every 5 minutes with too long loading.
Any ideas on how can I fix this?

fdm1971

May 3, 2012
Hi, I have a question.
If I root my Dasaita Max10 PX6, can I have "developer options" and/or install a driver for a USB microphone?

Hadriel18

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Ouya
OnePlus One
Has anyone had luck getting adb working again after reboot? I ran through the steps and successfully rooted, but my file explorers can't actually get root and I'm unable to run certain commands in terminal as root.

[Dasaita PX6 android 10]

Elchango1

Jun 17, 2021
I managed to root my radio using this method but i updated to latest firmware and did the same method but on magisk the option to install directly wont appear any suggestions

Last edited:

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
    1. On a computer connected to the same wifi network, open a command prompt, CD to the directory where you put adb.exe and the su file from OPs post and enter:
      adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb root adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb remount adb push su /system/bin/su adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su adb shell /system/bin/su --install adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
    2. Your command prompt might hang here, but ignore that and carry on..
    3. Install Magisk Manager from APK
    4. Launch Magisk and perform a direct install, but do not reboot
    5. Press ctrl+C in your command prompt if it is hung
    6. Enter:
    7. Press the reboot button in Magisk Manager
  1. Job done.

don't need to install su on xbin dir too?
And titanium backup working with magisk v23?

Last edited:

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
don't need to install su on xbin dir too?
And titanium backup working with magisk v23?
Nope, it worked fine without the xbin directory. The SU provided by OP is really just a temp root. Magisk then installs its own SU binary meaning the temp root is unnecessary and can be removed.

I haven't tested TiBu, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Reactions: kill_one

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
Nope, it worked fine without the xbin directory. The SU provided by OP is really just a temp root. Magisk then installs its own SU binary meaning the temp root is unnecessary and can be removed.
is it necessary anyway if I use Magisk V23?

Commands ADB root and
ADB remount would not be enough to have the temporary root?

Last edited:

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
To keep it all in one place, here is my simplified root method, mostly based on the OP and shamefully cut&pasted where appropriate:
  1. On radio, install a simple terminal emulator (not Termux, that one doesn't work for some reason), launch it and enter:
    setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555 setprop sys.rkadb.root 1 ifconfig # Make a note of your IP address - you need it for the next step reboot
  2. On a computer connected to the same wifi network, open a command prompt, CD to the directory where you put adb.exe and the su file from OPs post and enter:
  7. Enter:
Job done.

I confirm that by performing this simplified procedure I have obtained the root on my HU PX5 Eunavi. Everything works perfectly even Titanium Backup. Thanks Lum_UK

gianmaxfactor

Sep 5, 2012
I also confirm that it worked even on PX5 RK3368 Android 10

And you can even get Titanium Backup working with Magisk. It seemed impossible at first, I tried a lot for really, but I can assure you CAN have it working for sure. Unfortunately I didn't remember the exact steps, I went by chance, but I'm sure that it involves something about

- deleting the su files from bin and xbin folders
- uninstalling TB and removing its data folder, reboot and reinstall
- hide Magisk just for TB, then run TB, then unhide Magisk back for TB

I'm sorry I can't be more precise, but I'm 100% sure ANYONE can have them working together, it's just a bit of lucky doing the stuff in the right order

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Btw: about howto working TB i write year ago ;-)
    Thanks, but you were talking about eliminating Magisk. I referred having working WITH Magisk installed
    No i talk about working TB WITH Magisk and simple way to flash patched Magisk ;-)
    I tested this on my Dasaita px6 mtce head unit once I installed Android 10
    (thanks @Diavol for the tip)
    I know that there are other ways to do this, but this is how I accomplished it.
    ****************DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***********************************
    1- On Head Unit: install a terminal emulator and run the three following commands pressing enter each time. (device will reboot). This will open ADB witj root permissions on port 5555

setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
    setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
    reboot
    *******************************************************************************
    2- Uzip Su-Magisk folder and place the files on the root directory of your PC ( C:/ )
    Open command prompt window on your PC with administrative privileges and enter one line at a time,,,,,, if you get stuck at "adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon", repeat the process on a new command prompt
    window. When that is finished install Magisk V 20.4 (20400), after it gets installed it will search for updates and will say that the app is not installed, press on install, a window will pop up, choose to install it as a "Direct Install (Recommended)" when finished, press the yellow reboot button.

cd c:/
    adb connect (enter here your ip address number, for example 10.0.0.2)
    adb root
    adb connect (enter here your ip address number, for example 10.0.0.2)
    adb remount
    adb shell setenforce 0
    adb push su /system/xbin/su
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    adb shell /system/bin/su --install
    adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
    adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc

7. Enter:
    Job done.
    Worked for me on a Vanku PX6, however I couldn't find the older Magisk installer, so went with the latest APK instead (22.1)
    It works, and can update itself, but when you next start magisk, you get a warning about another SU being installed.
    To fix this:

adb connect #IP
    adb shell
    su - # (Accept root request on the devide itself)
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    rm /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
    reboot

The Magisk SU (installed in /sbin/su) is kept and your su is removed. Magisk still works and no-longer complains about another SU.

Edit 13/05/2021: Also you don't even need to push rooting.rc. You can stop following the OPs instructions at the point where su --daemon hangs your command prompt, then install magisk to your bootloader, job done!
    Finally, after months of garbage "help me how do I do (the same boring question multiple new members signed up to XDA for - without reading the forums :) a thoughtful contributing post! Brilliant!
    Yeah, that's how it sometimes goes, I am still testing this stuff.
    Same for me, I've tried to install busybox magisk pack but TB still refuses to detect root.

Sent from my Phh-Treble vanilla using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Just a note here, I am using Android 10 rooted now without Magisk, only through adb Wi-Fi. I installed TB and it is detected, something with Magisk not allowing you guys to be detected must be happening. I am not gonna try it with Magisk installed since I don't really use it.