Root for Android 10 PX6 MTCE

Search This thread

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
[...]
but on cmd when i type first command there is message that can not connect to device or similar
shrot time story i cant make connection with hu when i type first adb connect ip a.dr.re.ss
[...]
If you use adb over wifi then ofcourse is first need make adb connection to HU ip...
Only when you use usb cable connection to HU is not need...

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
during the procedure I put the space before the --install command. I made several attempts. I forgot to mention that I performed the procedure on a unit with android 11, could this be the problem?
Not sure, i have A10... But you can try another root method as i write (in btw part) here
If you not have update.zip for your actual system, you can grab actual boot with:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img

respo

Nov 4, 2009
If you use adb over wifi then ofcourse is first need make adb connection to HU ip...
Only when you use usb cable connection to HU is not need...
i know i need to make adb connection over wifi but i cant and that is problem

i type adb connect 192.168.0.114 (in my case) but without success

ps. problem was adb debugging off on hu

Last edited:

cyrus90210

Nov 29, 2021
Thank you so much! This method worked after months on searching, but now when a problem is resolved a new problem arises. My problem I am facing is getting Viper4Android to install properly and to get the drivers installed correctly, because I am doing the reruns of downloading, installing the drivers, rebooting and repeating. Currently I'm running a Dasaita Px6 Vivid 10 rooted with magisk. I've flashed V4A 2.7 and legacy. 2.7 leaves me in a driver install reboot loop whereas legacy leaves me with failed driver installs. I've been on Zackptg5's site and flashed ACP, AML, JamesDSP, KerSepPat and more that have been used on every thread I've read regarding install methods and system mod adjustments that have ended with successful installation. So I'm a sitting duck who's more lost than Joe Biden's mind. If there is anyone with a detailed instructional install thread/post/redirect or if any suggestions about where to go from here would be deeply appreciated. I don't know if I've overlooked something small or obvious. Also, I don't have a custom recovery installed. I can't figure out how to unlock the bootloader for my headunit or how to install TWRP any help or guides in that area would be biblical. Lastly, I use ADB AppControl a lot with my Dasaita. Thanks read and if I don't hear from you later then Good Morning, good evening and good night!

Hi folks,

wanted to root my device today, it worked as far as I have root rights, but when I open magisk, the following (translated from my language) message appear
Abnormal state:
A "su"-command was detected that does not belong to magisk. please remove the other unsupported "su".
Did I do something wrong?
Can someone tell me which "su" I have to remove or what I may have done wrong with the adb-process?

Since I want to use titanium backup to freeze one or the other app, I also tried without rooting Magisk.
Functions. But: after a reboot the root rights are gone again.
Also here:
did I do something wrong or is it the same with you?

magisk error.jpg

noise672

Nov 28, 2011
Montreal
Hi folks,

wanted to root my device today, it worked as far as I have root rights, but when I open magisk, the following (translated from my language) message appear

Can someone tell me which "su" I have to remove or what I may have done wrong with the adb-process?

Since I want to use titanium backup to freeze one or the other app, I also tried without rooting Magisk.
Also here:

View attachment 5611755
Your answer is in this thread. You need to read a bit more.
Buona Fortuna

cyrus90210

Nov 29, 2021
Your answer is in this thread. You need to read a bit more.
Buona Fortuna
Hi folks,

Also here:

View attachment 5611755
could be wrong and please do correct me on this, but you will need a file explore capable of gaining access to your root directory. I use solid explorer, but any app that is a file manager or file explorer should do the trick. Open the app find your root folder>bin folder or xbin folder (one of the two should hold the su file)>find su file>delete su file and the message should no longer appear.

Reactions: Thodai

Calin Bogdan

Dec 27, 2019
Quite the same story like the one above, but worse:
I rooted with this method my px6 mtce android 10, but something went wrong.
1) in Magisk is the same message about the detection of a su binary not from magisk detected.
2) most of the APKs crash, therefore I cannot use a root explorer to solve it. Moreover, the biggest problem is that I cannot use any app for GPS (Waze crashes, Maps crashes and so on). Solutions, please?

noise672

Nov 28, 2011
Montreal
Quite the same story like the one above, but worse:
I rooted with this method my px6 mtce android 10, but something went wrong.
1) in Magisk is the same message about the detection of a su binary not from magisk detected.
2) most of the APKs crash, therefore I cannot use a root explorer to solve it. Moreover, the biggest problem is that I cannot use any app for GPS (Waze crashes, Maps crashes and so on). Solutions, please?
For your application crash...
Make sure you have uninstalled the last Google System WebView.

Buona Fortuna

Calin Bogdan

Dec 27, 2019
For your application crash...
Make sure you have uninstalled the last Google System WebView.

Buona Fortuna
I don't believe it!
No way!
I installed an older version of Android System WebView and everything is ok so far!
Keep watching forward and I'll let you know, but so far so good!
Such a simple thing (and for that crush I reinstalled 5 times the operating system)!
Thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tested this on my Dasaita px6 mtce head unit once I installed Android 10
    (thanks @Diavol for the tip)
    I know that there are other ways to do this, but this is how I accomplished it.
    ****************DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***********************************
    1- On Head Unit: install a terminal emulator and run the three following commands pressing enter each time. (device will reboot). This will open ADB witj root permissions on port 5555

setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
    setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
    reboot
    *******************************************************************************
    2- Uzip Su-Magisk folder and place the files on the root directory of your PC ( C:/ )
    Open command prompt window on your PC with administrative privileges and enter one line at a time,,,,,, if you get stuck at "adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon", repeat the process on a new command prompt
    window. When that is finished install Magisk V 20.4 (20400), after it gets installed it will search for updates and will say that the app is not installed, press on install, a window will pop up, choose to install it as a "Direct Install (Recommended)" when finished, press the yellow reboot button.

cd c:/
    adb connect (enter here your ip address number, for example 10.0.0.2)
    adb root
    adb connect (enter here your ip address number, for example 10.0.0.2)
    adb remount
    adb shell setenforce 0
    adb push su /system/xbin/su
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    adb shell /system/bin/su --install
    adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
    adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc

To keep it all in one place, here is my simplified root method, mostly based on the OP and shamefully cut&pasted where appropriate:
    1. On radio, install a simple terminal emulator (not Termux, that one doesn't work for some reason), launch it and enter:
      setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555 setprop sys.rkadb.root 1 ifconfig # Make a note of your IP address - you need it for the next step reboot
    2. On a computer connected to the same wifi network, open a command prompt, CD to the directory where you put adb.exe and the su file from OPs post and enter:
      adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb root adb connect #IP.add.re.ss adb remount adb push su /system/bin/su adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su adb shell /system/bin/su --install adb shell /system/bin/su --daemon
    3. Your command prompt might hang here, but ignore that and carry on..
    4. Install Magisk Manager from APK
    5. Launch Magisk and perform a direct install, but do not reboot
    6. Press ctrl+C in your command prompt if it is hung
    7. Enter:
      adb shell rm /system/bin/su
    8. Press the reboot button in Magisk Manager
    Job done.
    Worked for me on a Vanku PX6, however I couldn't find the older Magisk installer, so went with the latest APK instead (22.1)
    It works, and can update itself, but when you next start magisk, you get a warning about another SU being installed.
    To fix this:

adb connect #IP
    adb shell
    su - # (Accept root request on the devide itself)
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    rm /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
    reboot

The Magisk SU (installed in /sbin/su) is kept and your su is removed. Magisk still works and no-longer complains about another SU.

Edit 13/05/2021: Also you don't even need to push rooting.rc. You can stop following the OPs instructions at the point where su --daemon hangs your command prompt, then install magisk to your bootloader, job done!
    Finally, after months of garbage "help me how do I do (the same boring question multiple new members signed up to XDA for - without reading the forums :) a thoughtful contributing post! Brilliant!
    Yeah, that's how it sometimes goes, I am still testing this stuff.
    Same for me, I've tried to install busybox magisk pack but TB still refuses to detect root.

Sent from my Phh-Treble vanilla using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Just a note here, I am using Android 10 rooted now without Magisk, only through adb Wi-Fi. I installed TB and it is detected, something with Magisk not allowing you guys to be detected must be happening. I am not gonna try it with Magisk installed since I don't really use it.