Root for Android 9 Pie 50.2.A.0.352 out?

Search This thread

noob_coder

Apr 21, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Sony rolled out Android Pie 9 50.2.A.0.352 for Xperia XA2 Ultra 2 days ago. I was wondering if I proceed with the update from my rooted Oreo, will I have any working Root for Android 9 for my phone?:confused::silly:

qhuinzy_09

Nov 23, 2012
Looking for this one too hoping on of this days root method will come out ..
anyone tried using magisk ? the root method last time in Oreo ? want to try it out but i'm afraid my phone will get bricked ;)

ish4d0w777

Apr 12, 2019
danger

Looking for this one too hoping on of this days root method will come out ..
anyone tried using magisk ? the root method last time in Oreo ? want to try it out but i'm afraid my phone will get bricked ;)

You're rightly afraid. Steer clerar of magisk. Wait for a proper rooting method, or perhaps don't root at all.
This update is already a danger (see the previous brick wave), I would wait until things calm down.

XA2 Ultra owner, not updating. Staying on Android 8 for a good while.st

Last edited:

qhuinzy_09

Nov 23, 2012
You're rightly afraid. Steer clerar of magisk. Wait for a proper rooting method, or perhaps don't root at all.
This update is already a danger (see the previous brick wave), I would wait until things calm down.

XA2 Ultra owner, not updating. Staying on Android 8 for a good while.st

yeah mate Heard the brick update in russia just waiting for the proper Root method hope it will come out soon..
But the pie update is Really Good ! over all 9/10 and also noticed the battery is far longer now :good::good:

malamas

Aug 20, 2013
thessaloniki
yes guys sony xa 2 ultra root in original rom normal the steps is the same of classic all time in all others rom idk if i make a deference but me use this step 1. run adb in my pc and write fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-1-discovery.img step2. in twrp first install addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip this file take of line age os 16 idk if this make the deference but me install first this file , so step 3. install magisk and reboot phone no install twrp in phone just restart and phone work very well in original rom pie9 H4213_Customized GR_1313-7447_50.2.A.0.352_R1B i hope help good luck to root your xa 2 ultra ;)

Last edited:

noob_coder

Apr 21, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
yes guys sony xa 2 ultra root in original rom normal the steps is the same of classic all time in all others rom idk if i make a deference but me use this step 1. run adb in my pc and write fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-1-discovery.img step2. in twrp first install addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip this file take of line age os 16 idk if this make the deference but me install first this file , so step 3. install magisk and reboot phone no install twrp in phone just restart and phone work very well in original rom pie9 H4213_Customized GR_1313-7447_50.2.A.0.352_R1B i hope help good luck to root your xa 2 ultra ;)

Strange! I was thinking exactly the same process would've been as you've mentioned but then I intended to wait for some expert reviews or suggestions. So you are saying that you did the root exactly the way Android 8 Oreo was rooted as in the process you mentioned? So how far has it been with Android 9 with Root access with you ?

malamas

Aug 20, 2013
thessaloniki
root

Strange! I was thinking exactly the same process would've been as you've mentioned but then I intended to wait for some expert reviews or suggestions. So you are saying that you did the root exactly the way Android 8 Oreo was rooted as in the process you mentioned? So how far has it been with Android 9 with Root access with you ?

im not sure if understand you exacly your question but my phone work super fast and very stable just follow my steps and you done 100% safe

im try post some photos in my phone to see is real

Attachments

• 57579892_579703939203852_4031177555800227840_n.png
    57579892_579703939203852_4031177555800227840_n.png
    138 KB · Views: 851
  • 58381584_438347643584742_8461342386394497024_n.png
    58381584_438347643584742_8461342386394497024_n.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 846
  • 57471956_2469750593049821_4668315175110049792_n.jpg
    57471956_2469750593049821_4668315175110049792_n.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018
Easy-Peasy Interactive root

_/easy[+EASY-PEASY+]easy\_
ii-I/n/T_e r-A-c t_I\v\E-ee​
i have conjured up a simple tool for rooting the xa2 ultra. nothing special, all you do is download the zip, extract it, and run the .bat file, and follow along in the cmd prompt window. its interactive so you will have to select a few options while in recovery. its really easy. bootloader must be unlocked. make sure to read the read me files, and also follow along with the command prompt.
hope someone tries it out. i would like some opinions. im not new to computers, but im new to scripting.
any feedback would be appreciated. go to the ftp site listed below and download Also stock android 9.0 is included, its seperate from the tool. extract the zip open folder and double click newflasher.exe its all set up. just select no on the 2 options that come up before the flashing, put your device in flashmode
ftp://

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
i have conjured up a simple tool for rooting the xa2 ultra. nothing special, all you do is download the zip, extract it, and run the .bat file, and follow along in the cmd prompt window. its interactive so you will have to select a few options while in recovery. its really easy. bootloader must be unlocked. make sure to read the read me files, and also follow along with the command prompt.
hope someone tries it out. i would like some opinions. im not new to computers, but im new to scripting.
any feedback would be appreciated. go to the ftp site listed below and download Also stock android 9.0 is included, its seperate from the tool. extract the zip open folder and double click newflasher.exe its all set up. just select no on the 2 options that come up before the flashing, put your device in flashmode

strange that when I unzip a 1.8GB or so zip it just ends up with 2 small files (bat and readme) (even tried pulling the constituent files out from the zip independently). Also the batch file won't run due to windows security (understand running .bat is always risky no matter how good one's intentions might be)

Aug 12, 2018
strange that when I unzip a 1.8GB or so zip it just ends up with 2 small files (bat and readme) (even tried pulling the constituent files out from the zip independently). Also the batch file won't run due to windows security (understand running .bat is always risky no matter how good one's intentions might be)

hey, thanks man, im new to this so i really apprecite it. i unzipped the 1.8gb zip, left it for download, and also left the unzipped folder and unhid everything. i left a NOTE to do explain a little better, not much, but its a little more than i am now. i changed permissions on my end, so it should be ok. as long as everything stays together in the same directory, for example the desktop,...... it doent have to be that folder, but it cant be in any other folder either, as long its all on the desktop, its good. i figure you already know that, but it makes me feel better to let you know. the .bat extracts 3 other .zip, one .zip is a usb driver and it installs it also. you can hit no, cmd will read access denied, but in this script its not considered an error, so it will continue. it will also connect to adb automatically and push 2 files, .img, .zip, to the device. if there is a problem with adb connecting, it will give notice, prompt, and when hit enter it will kill adb server and exit cmd. if everything is ok,it will boot the recovery .img automatically, given you press enter to give it permission. once in recovery it prompts instructions for the user, and a new instruction will show after every enter. well, i guess i did explain it better than i did in that NOTE.
hope i dont sound to retarded and noobish, and i hope you give it another go.

again thank you, much appreciated

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
v1nd1cta

noticed your bat file has the zip file in system32 directory

the bat file does not work due to the paths I am guessing. Why would the zip want to be in system 32 windows directory?

darkmyself

Dec 18, 2014
hey, thanks man, im new to this so i really apprecite it. i unzipped the 1.8gb zip, left it for download, and also left the unzipped folder and unhid everything. i left a NOTE to do explain a little better, not much, but its a little more than i am now. i changed permissions on my end, so it should be ok. as long as everything stays together in the same directory, for example the desktop,...... it doent have to be that folder, but it cant be in any other folder either, as long its all on the desktop, its good. i figure you already know that, but it makes me feel better to let you know. the .bat extracts 3 other .zip, one .zip is a usb driver and it installs it also. you can hit no, cmd will read access denied, but in this script its not considered an error, so it will continue. it will also connect to adb automatically and push 2 files, .img, .zip, to the device. if there is a problem with adb connecting, it will give notice, prompt, and when hit enter it will kill adb server and exit cmd. if everything is ok,it will boot the recovery .img automatically, given you press enter to give it permission. once in recovery it prompts instructions for the user, and a new instruction will show after every enter. well, i guess i did explain it better than i did in that NOTE.
hope i dont sound to retarded and noobish, and i hope you give it another go.

again thank you, much appreciated

ftp not working btw

ultenhiemer

Mar 30, 2018
West Midlands, UK
There only seems to be Magisk root for up to 50.1.A.13.83 (Oreo)... Which is a massive pain because there have been tons of updates since, including Android Pie. I check this site loads and still nothing towards rooting for Pie.

TheDarkside13

Jul 1, 2012
Nubia Red Magic 6
So, not sure if this helps, but magisk seems to install fine in pie, but so far I'm having a ton of issues regarding freezes and reboots. Will search for a kernal fix, anyone have a clue to this? Just thought I'd inset my 2¢ into this and see if anyone has any insight to this. Thanks guys you do great work ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easy-Peasy Interactive root