• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROOT for Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15

Search This thread

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
You can reflash with RSD Lite, check recovery, before rerooting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I did it's same on both phones (2 luges) I even mfastboot.exe flash recovery (From this: zip VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml ) and it still does the same thing stuck at the red triangle (After flashing with RSD Lite) I don't think RSD lite ever factory resetted my phone because all my settings were already there,maybe there is option to factory reset? or I missed something?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I did it's same on both phones (2 luges) I even mfastboot.exe flash recovery (From this: zip VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml ) and it still does the same thing stuck at the red triangle (After flashing with RSD Lite) I don't think RSD lite ever factory resetted my phone because all my settings were already there,maybe there is option to factory reset? or I missed something?
if you flash with rsd lite you lose root access.
RSD Lite only factory resets if you use FZX file with CFC in file name, but you still lose root either way

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I think safestrap would be little better should it be safe to use ?
There is no working safestrap for Razr M on 183.45.15

Reactions: patt2k

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009

Man you are awesome I will leave thanks for all posts.. I wasn't sure what was the difference between these 2 zips wow. Good teacher I swear :D I am on it now.

@sd_shadow reflashed entire firmware a nice surprise is now phone detects even 5G wifi so that is a plus however.. recovery mode still won't boot :( I guess if you can at least factory reset it via RSDlite that is ok.
@sd_shadow very last question any ideas why after rooting 5G wifi no longer works? pretty sure people who I give it to won't care but for learning purposes :D
I will do the same process later on my 2nd luge

Attachments

• 20150619_222151.jpg
    20150619_222151.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 20150619_222607.jpg
    20150619_222607.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 231
  • 20150619_222615.jpg
    20150619_222615.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

a2zonlyt

Feb 3, 2015
All credits goes to Hydrogen and serg_gangubas from 4pda.ru community.
All you have to do, is download package, run the bat file and follow the instructions.
New updated version: fixed minor bugs, now should everything work.
Source: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3_Ur7BD0bFZdmlMNEdxM0ltN2M/edit?usp=docslist_api

1. Enable Developer Settings;
2. In Developer Settings, enable "Allow Mock Locations" and "Usb Debugging";
3. Unarchive root.zip;
4. Start install_root.bat;
5. Follow Instructions;
6. After text "please open towelroot" go into launcher and open "towelroot" app, do what need then press any button to continue
then follow instructions;

P.S. After all process, if there will be no SuperSU application in you'r device, please install supersu.apk from: "\root\Hydrogen PEROXIDE\files".

Enjoy!

Drivers: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

please developers do something for locked BL. pleaseeeeee...

Reactions: Edilass7

Edilass7

Aug 8, 2014
please developers do something for locked BL. pleaseeeeee...
The URL stop work.... you can fix???

Enviado do meu XT907 através de Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

All you have to do, is download package, run the bat file and follow the instructions.
Source: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3_Ur7BD0bFZdmlMNEdxM0ltN2M/edit?usp=docslist_api

3. Unarchive root.zip;
5. Follow Instructions;
6. After text "please open towelroot" go into launcher and open "towelroot" app, do what need then press any button to continue

P.S. After all process, if there will be no SuperSU application in you'r device, please install supersu.apk from: "\root\Hydrogen PEROXIDE\files".

Enjoy!

Drivers: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481
Please fix the URL....

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
The URL stop work.... you can fix???

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Please fix the URL....

I started a New thread [ROOT][Video] Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014 by sd_shadow

With working links.

Please reply in New thread, If you want my help.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Unarchive root.zip;
    5. Follow Instructions;

Enjoy!

[Video] ROOT for Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15

I started a New thread [ROOT][Video] Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014 by sd_shadow
    Please reply in New thread, If you want my help.
    Thanks
    Changelog
    many changes
    15 March 2015; Added: If you have a XT926 on 183.46.15 see Post #80
    and Only Flash XT907 firmware on a XT907
    23 March 2015: added ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014
    30 March 2015; Added: (Old Kernel is flashed over Stock Recovery, Recovery will no longer work until last step) and
    If Rooting fails try flashing firmware with RSD Lite and/or Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA
    31 March 2015: Added: There is no custom Recovery without an Unlocked Bootloader, no custom Recovery, no Custom Roms
    06 April 2015: Added download Mirrors
    22 May 2015: Edited Download Mirrors
    28 May 2015: Added list tags to Mirror links
    17 June 2015: Started a New Thread and moved post there.
    This manual is to root xt926 on 183.46.15
    Sorry just realised that you have 182 not 183
    but maybe it will help someone :)
    ohh, its cool, but how i do root for xt926 182.46.15 ?
    Ok,
    OS first of all you will download this file "Hydrogen PEROXIDE 1.0.0.1 XT926.7z " it's attached here (CHANGE EXTENSION from apk to 7z!)
    then unzip it whenever suits you.
    If you did use your phone save all you data and wipe it/do reset
    next turn on Developer Option => turn on Mock location + usb Debugging
    next step turn on fly mode
    connect your phone
    next run install_root.bat.
    wait couple minutes keep an eye on the phone and the screen (follow the instruction) it will reboot couple of times, If after one of the reboot towelroot will ask you for the internet turn it on.
    That's you rooted!

ALL respect and honour are going to HydrogenXS and serg_gangubas from 4pda.ru
    Hi, the drivers you linked to appear to be v6.3. I have v6.4 shared here (x64) and here (x86) which I extracted from the latest/last GPE ROM. Dunno how much difference that will make but anyways, thought I'd share :)
    Started a new Thread for General Motorola USB Drivers, RSD Lite, and Firmware Mirrors here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/motorola-usb-drivers-rsd-lite-firmware-t3042687
    Ortli or kkruglov can you please post a screenshot showing your system version? There has been some testing of this on another forum and it didn't work.

Shmaks how did you manage to brick with Motopocalypse? Either it works or it doesn't.

I'm sorry, but this whole thread smacks of BS. First clue? This exploit still uses Towel Root, which has long been proven not to work on .15.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk