• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root for Flyer?

Search This thread

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
It appears no one knows of any rooting, or if any devs are working on this yet.

The day rooting is achieved for the flyer will be a good day for all htc flyer owners.

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
Not sure if this is an extremely popular device with a lot of dev followers. Plus I am sure this device is locked down like the other recent HTC devices.

jeroenpico

Sep 3, 2009
Amsterdam
I read a rumor somewhere last night that HTC will be switching to the policy a Samsung, wich will be helpen us flashing whatever we want! :)

Sent from my HTC Flyer using XDA App

Shigster

Jun 9, 2010
The bootloader is not locked. We have access to it as well as the recovery.

I haven't had much time to even start attempting to go through the code...

Jul 14, 2008
Root please i offert

HI the flyer not voice call Gsm but in the system directory have phone.apk ??? If i have the root i can install the phone. I can donation 30 euro for this pleasure phone gsm on . Thanks

Jul 14, 2008
Root please

The bootloader is not locked. We have access to it as well as the recovery.

I haven't had much time to even start attempting to go through the code...

HI the flyer not voice call Gsm but in the system directory have phone.apk ??? If i have the root i can install the phone. I can donation 30 euro for this pleasure phone gsm on . Thanks

krisf29

Feb 18, 2011
Santa Clarita
Htc Flyer root

The gingerbreak apk says it won't work if you have s on :( but I will glady donate to the dev that figures out how to root the flyer:)

Opperhoofd

Feb 21, 2006
What about this thread on myhtcflyer.com?

/htc-flyer-rooting/htc-flyer-rooting-%28video%29

The post last edit date is august 2010, a bit strange.

#G#

Mar 9, 2008
another yay for procrastination! :)

Yep here's another donator for root and phone working!

razor950

Aug 2, 2010
Hialeah
Has it been confirmed that the tablet has a locked bootloader or is it unlocked?

If its locked there isn't much to do but to wait for htc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its not signed

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App
    Root and s-off

So I emailed HTC and asked them about the shipping with s-off and what's going to happen with the the flyer that have been shipped with the s-on and this is there reply

Good question, We definately understand the concern regarding the phones with bootloaders that are currently locked.

At this point in time, we don't have any information on how existing locked bootloaders will be unlocked. Though, once we decide on a game plan regarding the currently and planned locked phones, we'll definately also announce this through our website, as well as Facebook & Twitter, as well. Stay tuned; we'll definately let you know, as soon as the information becomes available.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.